View as an RSS Feed
View Brendan O'Boyle's Articles BY TICKER:
Be Careful With Gilead - It May Be Time To Take Profits
- Gilead is a wonderful company trading at a reasonable valuation.
- Yet Gilead's explosive growth has created extremely lofty expectations.
- Last quarter's results were disappointing - the stock has considerable downside if earnings continue to disappoint.
- This article examines the bear case for Gilead - high growth companies are always risky.
The Next Time You Evaluate A Stock Consider The Return At Constant Valuation
- Valuations of individual stocks vary far more than the businesses they represent.
- Yet, valuation is an inescapable part of total return.
- Predicting changes in valuation is at best difficult and at worst a fool's errand.
- Evaluating potential investments at constant valuation may change how attractive they appear.
Legacy Reserves: The Time To Accumulate Is Now
- Master Limited Partnerships (MLPs) have sold off in the recent market correction.
- Oil has also sold off, creating a double blow particularly among upstream MLPs.
- For investors comfortable with the risks and hungry for yield, Legacy Reserves appears to offer an attractive entry point.
What Bull Market? The Dow Jones Industrial Average Is Flat Since 2007...
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average is a bellwether index.
- While the price weighted Dow Jones is less meaningful than the market-cap weighted S&P 500, analysis is simplified by the smaller number of companies.
- Due to a declining number of shares available, investors may be overestimating the run-up in prices that has occurred during the present bull market.
- The market cap adjusted Dow Jones Industrial Average is no higher today than at the crest of the 2007 bull market when adjusted for inflation.
- Is A 30% Return In 2013 A Good Reason To Sell Your Stocks?
- Buy Parexel International On Increasing Pharmaceutical Contract-Research Spending
- Codexis Incorporated: A Strong Biopharma Turnaround Play
- Deep Risk Or Shallow Risk: Should Investors Choose Stocks Or Bonds?
- Year-End 2013: An Average Bull Market Year
- Hospira Incorporated: Unappreciated Upside Due To A Promising Biosimilar Pipeline
- Dude Where's My Taper?
- Tetraphase Pharmaceuticals: A Compelling High-Risk / High-Reward Biotech Investment
- Is The Recent Sell-Off In Closed-End Funds A Buying Opportunity?
- Is The Threat Of Rising Interest Rates A Reason To Avoid Dividend Growth Stocks?
- 5 Reasons To Tune Out The Noise And Do Nothing
- It Is Time To Sell (Not So) High Yielding Bonds
- The S&P 500 Is Approaching A Buy Signal
- What Can The Kentucky Derby Teach Us About The Stock Market?
- What Return Should Investors Expect From The Market In The Next 10 Years?
- The Downside Of Buying Stocks On Sale Through Selling Puts
- PIMCO's Dynamic Income Fund Is A Buy
- Analyzing My Performance Near Quarter's End
- When Searching For Dividend Growth Look For Share Count Reduction
- The S&P 500 Is Trading For 17.9x Last Year's Earnings, Not 13.7x Next Year's Earnings
- The S&P 500 Is Approaching A Sell Signal
- Heinz Acquisition Marred By Allegations Of Insider Trading
- An Investing Strategy That Is Half Warren Buffett And Half Nassim Taleb
- Evidence For Distortion Of The Market Caused By QE3
- On Secular Vs. Cyclical Bull And Bear Markets
- Is Now The Time To Buy Municipal Bonds?
- Approaching The Fiscal Cliff As A Nash Equilibrium
- Has The Market Already Priced In A Resolution To The Fiscal Cliff?