Brent Hecht

View Brent Hecht's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Is Oil About To Follow Gold Down? This Chart Says It Will. [View article]
    Looks like this oil chart is following the gold chart to me! Don't look now the but the copper chart looks very similar.
    Sep 22 06:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Approach Resources Q2 Earnings Announcement: What To Look For [View article]
    Hey Bill, I agree their acreage isn't the best, but I think that is baked into the price where I would argue other company's in the Northern Permian are over valued. Thanks for your comment.
    Aug 10 11:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Approach Resources Q2 Earnings Announcement: What To Look For [View article]
    Josh, I'm still bullish. I think the quarter came in as expected and even a little better. If you listen to the call, they met expectations on the oil production. They are gassier than expected but that is because their wells are producing more gas and NGLs than they expected(not because they are producing less oil). Certainly, any negativity you can derive from this quarter did not warrant the 20% drop over the past few days. I'll buy a stock generating 30 to 40 percent returns trading at book value in most circumstances and this is one of them.
    Aug 10 11:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Approach Resources Q2 Earnings Announcement: What To Look For [View article]
    RVGypsy, I would view the dip as even a better buying opportunity. Regardless of what you think about their acreage, their quarter came in strong and they delivered everywhere I wanted to see them deliver. I will post another article in the coming days to share my opinion more in depth.
    Aug 10 11:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Approach Resources: A Top Notch Permian Pure Play [View article]
    I disagree. I think management is doing fine.

Can you be more specific on your failed promises statement? And your cash flow statement?

Thanks
    Jul 29 04:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Approach Resources: A Top Notch Permian Pure Play [View article]
    Usually if you wait until they find a solution, you will be late to the party.
    Jul 29 03:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Approach Resources: A Top Notch Permian Pure Play [View article]
    That is a valid point. EOG is a solid company for which I made the case a few articles ago and over a year ago. EOG has many wells generating returns over 100%. IMHO, I just think that it is a more sure bet if you invest in a company at such low valuation with strong and growing cash flow. No, their rates of return aren't 100% but they are respectable. Its really not an either/or argument regarding EOG vs AREX. Thanks for your comment.
    Jul 29 03:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Oil About To Follow Gold Down? This Chart Says It Will. [View article]
    First of all, everyone has a different strategy.

Second, what will take it below $75/bbl? Not the supply side, the demand side. If supply were the only part then I agree, it would be hard for it to go below $75.
    Dec 9 06:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Oil About To Follow Gold Down? This Chart Says It Will. [View article]
    These charts are from 2 weeks ago. Not months. My point is that oil is going down in the next 6 month to a year just like gold. Its not going to happen overnight. All I need is time...to prove that point.
    Dec 9 06:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Oil About To Follow Gold Down? This Chart Says It Will. [View article]
    Everything else is only a short-term aberration from the true supply and demand picture and eventually corrects. And one could also argue that those are all factors playing into supply and demand or "perceived" supply and demand.
    Dec 9 06:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This Energy Company Transformed Itself Overnight [View article]
    Ya, over the long term, I don't see how you can be wrong with MHR at this price. They have a fantastic balance sheet after the sale to PVA so it seems like a no brainer. But of course anything can happen.
    Apr 20 12:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This Energy Company Transformed Itself Overnight [View article]
    Today was a wild day for MHR. I look at this as an incredible opportunity!
    Apr 17 08:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This Energy Company Transformed Itself Overnight [View article]
    Which institution's fundamental analysis did you use?

My chart above is from Credit Suisse's institutional analysis and is debt adjusted cash flow which will be inflated compared to normal cash flow. However, that is a chart pre-yesterday's transaction and Credit Suisse has a $6 price target still.

After yesterday's transaction, all analysis is old and needs to be re-made. The numbers I've shown in this article are taking yesterday's transaction into account.
    Apr 4 12:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • This Energy Company Transformed Itself Overnight [View article]
    I think this is a great way to play MHR, depending on where you are in your economic life.
    Apr 4 11:24 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • This Energy Company Transformed Itself Overnight [View article]
    Stoxfox, where did you get your minus 194 number?
    Apr 4 11:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment