Bret Kenwell

View Bret Kenwell's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Put The Top Down And Buy Ford Under $15 [View article]
    This is an interesting theory Left Banker.

I want to check out your article. I would also say that FIAT is another large brand over there. When I went to Europe last fall for a couple of months, that car seemed to be all over the place.

I don't have exact numbers for European auto makers. Just noting my observations. What do you think of the European 'recovery?'

I think it's making a lot of noise, but I don't know if I think it's as legitimate as everyone else seems too. Thoughts?

-Bret
    Jun 5 03:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Put The Top Down And Buy Ford Under $15 [View article]
    Phew! Phil thanks for reaffirming. I'll PM you in a bit!

Good to hear from you as well.

-Bret
    Jun 4 08:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Put The Top Down And Buy Ford Under $15 [View article]
    Hey Mike. sorry about that. I wrote the articles under this name...Bret Kenwell. I'm with StockSaints, but yes, didn't even think about that!

When I write, it just flows ya know? Like I'm not even under a different name. Oops!
    Jun 2 08:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ford: Examining The Inner Workings Of The Inner-Worker [View article]
    JoseV, Iknownothing -- (I doubt that!!) and Ivanquinchia -

Thank you all for the nice words and comments. I appreciate them a lot! :-)...Seriously, very glad you guys decided to say something!

-Bret
    Feb 13 10:07 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Lower-Risk, Lower-Reward Strategy For Gaining Exposure To Apple [View article]
    Pts, I have my eyes on a few ETF's that I don't own yet, particularly for gaining exposure to fixed income.

However, as it stand, I have about twice as many individual stocks as I do ETF's. Essentially 1/3 is ETF.

PM if you want more details!

-Bret
    Feb 8 02:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ford's Dividend Boost Changes The Landscape For Buyers [View article]
    True, but there was A LOT of bullish catalysts before that too, FWIW.

-Bret
    Feb 8 12:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • January Retail Sales Warning [View article]
    Your second data point, "This chart above shows the very cyclical nature of the growth and slowdown experienced over time," would show that a potentially great buying opportunity is at hand -- after the expected fall.

I mean, obviously these lows came during the two crashes we've experienced since 2000, but have otherwise creating great buying opportunities for long-term investors.

I can only hope McDonald's suffers through a multi-year under-performance. I have a very long-term time frame and am willing to buy as many shares as I can now, to enjoy later.

Thanks for the article,

Bret
    Feb 8 12:12 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Uwlaw,

It's all personal preference, honestly. I have gone long shares of Apple, but not in my IRA. For my IRA I wanted something with less volatility. Perhaps your view is different, which is fine.

As the comment above states, "The best way to invest in Apple, is to invest in Apple."

Clear and to the point, and I agree to an extent. But after thinking and researching, I decided to go with the QQQ fund. With a heavy influence from Apple and a solid influence from Google, Amazon and Qualcomm for the diversification.

I'm long both, just in separate accounts. It's not something that everyone will appreciate, but is a viable strategy for much more conservative investors.
    Feb 8 11:48 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Ford's Dividend Boost Changes The Landscape For Buyers [View article]
    Nice Mitch! must have a hell of a cost basis then...Looking at a double or not quite yet? (If you don't mind me asking).

-Bret
    Feb 8 11:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Panera Bread Company: Is The Growth Sustainable? [View article]
    Definitely stu. I think it's smart to roll out with only 3 dishes first. If consumers like it and begin to make it a top pick, then roll out more dishes, maybe 7-10.

What I love about PNRA is the LONG-TERM growth potential. We're not looking at 3-4 years of sustained growth. The outlook is closer to 8-10 years, and potential many more.

Pnra is certainly one of my favorite long-term holdings. It might be the one I'm most excited about. I can only hope high commodity costs keep it pinned down in 2013, which will give me time to keep adding to it.

I love when constructive conversations exist in the comment sections here!

-Bret
    Feb 8 10:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Panera Bread Company: Is The Growth Sustainable? [View article]
    Thanks stu. Kind of reminds of my Noodles selection...if you have ever heard of them. Really tasty and quickly made pasta restaurant. Small chain, but good variety. They also seem quite popular.

Perhaps PNRA can take some of this market share by eventually expanding its pasta selections. Thanks for the news clip, I appreciate it!

Bret
    Feb 7 02:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Bought Apple At $460.68 And Why I Expect To Make Money On It [View article]
    I feel ya, Murph. Ive essentially created a lot of these products, although sometimes Jobs would be the one taking credit. Even before Jobs had passed, I think Apple was already onto their next big thing.

With Jobs and Ive there, they had the right ideas (hopefully) and without Jobs, hopefully Ive, Cook and the rest of the crew can put the finishing touches on it. Long Apple.

Bret
    Feb 7 09:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    And will be really in ITM at the open, should these pre-market gains hold :)

Nice work,

Bret
    Feb 7 09:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Huh, that is interesting. Thanks for both replying and going into detail. I'll give this is a shot, seems interesting. A lot of volume for high priced stocks like GOOG, AMZN, AAPL, and PCLN lies within the derivatives market. IE: options.

Thanks again,

Bret
    Feb 6 11:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares of GameStop (GME -10.5%) crumble with speculation over next-generation systems hurting the company's resale business tipping sentiment. If future consoles feature games fully connected to the Internet with no value beyond initial purchase, GameStop's revenue could suffer. [View news story]
    Could suffer? Could? GME's revenue would be crushed. decimated. In the short-term it would weigh on them, but it's that 3-5 year time frame that will kill them.

People will still trade and buy xbox 360 and ps3 games in the year or two that follow a new console release. Beyond that though, it's all about the new system.
    Feb 6 09:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment