Bret Kenwell

View Bret Kenwell's Comments BY TICKER:
  • MasterCard: The Next $1,000 Stock? [View article]
    Chuck,

Just own V and MA :-)

and only buy 25 shares. It's all relative. The percentage return on 250 shares of Mastercard @ 65 going to 100 is the same as 25 shares going from 650 to 1000!

-Bret
    Aug 7, 2013. 11:25 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ford Is Going To $40 [View article]
    The focus isn't so much where Ford will trade 3 years from now, down to the penny. The idea and notion behind the article is that Ford has a lot of positives going for it right now.

Assuming those positive catalysts improve within high, but reasonable expectations, Ford's stock price should increase significantly.

Alan Mulally is a doing a terrific job at cleaning up the Ford name. Credit, quality, operations, sales -- they're all improving and so is the stock price.

If he and the rest of the Ford management can keep this up, investors and shareholders will be well rewarded in the intermediate future.

That's the takeaway here, not whether or not Ford will close greater than, equal to, or less than $40 on the nose exactly 3 years from now.
    Jul 11, 2013. 05:34 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ford Is Going To $40 [View article]
    Cbroncos -- Nailed it.
    Jul 9, 2013. 01:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing In Tesla? [View article]
    Whether Tesla's fate has yet to be determined or not, Elon Musk is a rather spectacular person. With Tesla, SpaceX, Solar City and PayPal, the guy is definitely bent on changing the world for the good and that's someone that we certainly need.

With that being said, this comment section has already vastly surpassed what this article contains in useful information. The only usable information that has been provided is the market cap.
    Jun 24, 2013. 09:14 AM | 11 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing In Tesla? [View article]
    It's grammar. ;-)
    Jun 24, 2013. 09:00 AM | 12 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ford: After Robust Sales Growth And Pullback, Is It Time To Start The Engine? [View article]
    Hey John. I tend to agree with your analysis. If Ford can begin to mitigate the effects of Europe, continue with strong domestic sales and continue to have broader market support, then $17.50 by year end is not an outrageous thought.

The all-important factor though, remains Europe. When they stop losing $400+ million per quarter, earnings momentum will pick up significantly.

-Bret
    Jun 6, 2013. 05:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Put The Top Down And Buy Ford Under $15 [View article]
    This is an interesting theory Left Banker.

I want to check out your article. I would also say that FIAT is another large brand over there. When I went to Europe last fall for a couple of months, that car seemed to be all over the place.

I don't have exact numbers for European auto makers. Just noting my observations. What do you think of the European 'recovery?'

I think it's making a lot of noise, but I don't know if I think it's as legitimate as everyone else seems too. Thoughts?

-Bret
    Jun 5, 2013. 03:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Put The Top Down And Buy Ford Under $15 [View article]
    Phew! Phil thanks for reaffirming. I'll PM you in a bit!

Good to hear from you as well.

-Bret
    Jun 4, 2013. 08:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Put The Top Down And Buy Ford Under $15 [View article]
    Hey Mike. sorry about that. I wrote the articles under this name...Bret Kenwell. I'm with StockSaints, but yes, didn't even think about that!

When I write, it just flows ya know? Like I'm not even under a different name. Oops!
    Jun 2, 2013. 08:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ford: Examining The Inner Workings Of The Inner-Worker [View article]
    JoseV, Iknownothing -- (I doubt that!!) and Ivanquinchia -

Thank you all for the nice words and comments. I appreciate them a lot! :-)...Seriously, very glad you guys decided to say something!

-Bret
    Feb 13, 2013. 10:07 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Lower-Risk, Lower-Reward Strategy For Gaining Exposure To Apple [View article]
    Pts, I have my eyes on a few ETF's that I don't own yet, particularly for gaining exposure to fixed income.

However, as it stand, I have about twice as many individual stocks as I do ETF's. Essentially 1/3 is ETF.

PM if you want more details!

-Bret
    Feb 8, 2013. 02:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ford's Dividend Boost Changes The Landscape For Buyers [View article]
    True, but there was A LOT of bullish catalysts before that too, FWIW.

-Bret
    Feb 8, 2013. 12:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • January Retail Sales Warning [View article]
    Your second data point, "This chart above shows the very cyclical nature of the growth and slowdown experienced over time," would show that a potentially great buying opportunity is at hand -- after the expected fall.

I mean, obviously these lows came during the two crashes we've experienced since 2000, but have otherwise creating great buying opportunities for long-term investors.

I can only hope McDonald's suffers through a multi-year under-performance. I have a very long-term time frame and am willing to buy as many shares as I can now, to enjoy later.

Thanks for the article,

Bret
    Feb 8, 2013. 12:12 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Uwlaw,

It's all personal preference, honestly. I have gone long shares of Apple, but not in my IRA. For my IRA I wanted something with less volatility. Perhaps your view is different, which is fine.

As the comment above states, "The best way to invest in Apple, is to invest in Apple."

Clear and to the point, and I agree to an extent. But after thinking and researching, I decided to go with the QQQ fund. With a heavy influence from Apple and a solid influence from Google, Amazon and Qualcomm for the diversification.

I'm long both, just in separate accounts. It's not something that everyone will appreciate, but is a viable strategy for much more conservative investors.
    Feb 8, 2013. 11:48 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Ford's Dividend Boost Changes The Landscape For Buyers [View article]
    Nice Mitch! must have a hell of a cost basis then...Looking at a double or not quite yet? (If you don't mind me asking).

-Bret