Bret Kenwell

View Bret Kenwell's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Visa Or MasterCard: Which One Belongs In Your Wallet? [View article]
    haha oh man...better just shut off the computer and sit in hole for 2013. Maybe sip on some SAM while the gains are still there! :) Good luck! Duck and cover from the GS artillery strikes!
    Jan 11 10:22 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD) will introduce two beers this year with 6% alcoholic content - compared to the 5% average of its leading brands - after last year's launch of higher-alcohol Bud Light Platinum went well. The key question from analysts over the strategy is whether the new beers - Beck's Sapphire and Budweiser Black Crown - will steal store shelf space from rivals or cannibalize other A-B products? [View news story]
    I think it will cannibalize. The people that go in to buy say Budweiser will see Budweiser Black Crown. Perhaps they'll step it up. But I don't know that someone who drinks Miller or Coors (let alone a premium beer) would switch because of the 1% alcohol boost. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong.
    Jan 11 09:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Visa Or MasterCard: Which One Belongs In Your Wallet? [View article]
    Uh-oh...another huge favorite of mine (Ford F) was "upgraded" to the conviction list at Goldman. F and V...now that's trouble!
    Jan 11 09:26 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Ford: Last Year's Sales And This Year's Expectations [View article]
    Indeed we would Steve, indeed we would!
    Jan 11 09:22 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Ford: Last Year's Sales And This Year's Expectations [View article]
    Yeah, I don't see a pullback to $12.20 personally. But I mean anything is possible. I am looking to see $12.75.

If the market were to badly break down due to a number of reasons (earnings, debt ceiling, etc.) It could accelerate Ford to the downside.

Overall, I expect a pullback in Ford before continuing higher.
    Jan 10 12:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ford: Last Year's Sales And This Year's Expectations [View article]
    Steve,

FWIW, I see a pullback in the share price.
    Jan 10 12:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ford: Last Year's Sales And This Year's Expectations [View article]
    Tdot,

Agree. I was quite confident a divvy boost would come, but not this soon! I was of the opinion they 'could' raise the div, but because -- like you said -- they wanted to be 100% sure, absolutely positive they could maintain it, wouldn't raise it until at least middle of 2013.
    Jan 10 10:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ford: Last Year's Sales And This Year's Expectations [View article]
    Yep announced this morning! Payable May 1st for those on Record January 30th.
    Jan 10 08:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • eBay: Is The Growth Real? [View article]
    Hey Harish,

Mobile is getting big -- for everyone, expect eBay to be a winner as well. but yes, PayPal was the best thing that could'v happened for them. While the marketplace is currently the biggest generator in terms of money, PayPal is the fastest growing within the company.

I love PayPal. It's so simple, so easy and so convenient. I think as other people begin to use and enjoy it, it will continue to grow eBay's profits!

Bret
    Jan 10 08:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Visa Or MasterCard: Which One Belongs In Your Wallet? [View article]
    Phil,

I think you're additions to the article are correct. V is more consistent on the charts, but the trend is still up for both. Growth stocks always seem a little frothy, but as investors, we've got to pay up in premium to participate in it! Thanks for the comment!

Bret
    Jan 10 08:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ford: Last Year's Sales And This Year's Expectations [View article]
    Ralph-

Just to be clear I AM both LONG and bullish ford! :) don't forget that. They've got a lot of things going for them. I'm aware of both the successes and headwinds, but remain optimistic.

Our opinions over the short-term may differ, but we share long-term sights. Good luck to us both!
    Jan 9 08:36 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Deeper Look At Visa's Long-Term Growth Potential [View article]
    haha 20% of the way there rootarmo. While V might seem a little pricey today, I think it's a great price compared to five years down the road.

Thanks for the input,

Bret
    Jan 9 02:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • eBay: Is The Growth Real? [View article]
    danthrax,

I LOVE my PayPal. When other people have it, you can easily set up payments with them simply by using your phone. People thousands of miles away can easily set up payments with each other with the simplicity of PayPal.

With the introduction of merchants, PayPal has a ton of potential to explode in growth. This growth will directly translates to to successful growth for eBay!

Thanks for commenting,

Bret
    Jan 9 02:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • eBay: Is The Growth Real? [View article]
    Joe,

Thanks for comments. I want to quickly point out I really appreciate you taking the time to read, as well as comment on my articles. Whether its in agreement or not, I appreciate you taking the time to do so, both in the past and in the future.

I think eBay looks great though. PayPal is just now getting some exposure and I think this is going to be the future revenue driver. Seriously, I use it, I love it. For more than just eBay.

Marketplace is the money maker, but PayPal has the largest growth for eBay. I think it will do great in the next 5 years or so.
    Jan 9 02:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Visa Or MasterCard: Which One Belongs In Your Wallet? [View article]
    Some above have stated that the stock looks "frothy." Both V and MA are hitting new highs today. They might seem a little expensive, but these stocks are growth stocks. Growth stocks rarely come with much discount, it usually requires investors to "pay-up" for these names, with the expectation that they'll continue to grow over the years.

The argument is valid, and I would wait for a pullback to add. You can see on the charts the these pullbacks are regular -- and healthy. I would add on those dips, and continue to ride both of these stock until something fundamentally changes.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Bret