Bret Kenwell

View Bret Kenwell's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Potash Trade Update [View article]
    Debweir,

While the RSI would be above average technically at 58, it is only a reading from 0-100. So if anything, it's close to average. I obtained a reading of 58 on the 6-month chart. In general, a reading of 70 and over would indicate an overbought condition, while a reading of 30 and under represents an oversold condition. I hope this helps! :)

Thanks for commenting!
    Mar 27 10:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Short Term Turmoil Lies Ahead [View instapost]
    outsider,

I never criticized Apple on a fundamental basis. In fact, if you read my comment above I would love for Apple to go down, so I could buy some shares. I'm not long, nor short, and yes technicals do matter. Maybe they're not as important to long term investors where fundamentals are very important, but for short term move technicals play a big factor.

There are many ways to make money in the stock market, and it is a very logical thought that a parabolic stock will pull back after such a fascinating run such as this one, regardless of the fundamentals. I'm not claiming this is the all time top for Apple, or that it will be crushed. ONLY saying a pullback is necessary for a healthy continued uptrend.
    Mar 27 10:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Potash Trade Update [View article]
    Maudie,

Agree, many people flip flop so fast it's not even funny. But I suppose you have too in a world that moves as quick as these markets. Interesting comment on the contributors, I have run across a few that indeed fit into your response, and it is odd to me as well.
    Mar 27 09:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Short Term Turmoil Lies Ahead [View instapost]
    Trudem,

Fall I fear so much? I respectfully think you're misconstruing my point. I would only fear such a fall if I was long the stock, and even then "fear" would be a stretch. In my disclosure I stated I would possibly initiate a short position if the stock loses strength and begins to fall. In fact, I would love for Apple to fall. Fall as far as it possibly can, I'm a better bull than bear, but not strictly one or the other. If Apple would fall (and when it eventually does, as all stocks do) I would LOVE to pick some up at a discount. Apple is a great company and I can only hope its share price declines.
    Mar 27 08:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • UVXY: Pick Up Some Cheap Portfolio Insurance [View article]
    Gotcha Foodforthought. And man how crazy have vol products been lately. Seriously, TVIX trading all over the place, UVXY on pace to need to re-split. Volatility has been stupid low lately. I would just be using puts at this point in secure one's portfolio. They're certainly cheap enough with Vol so low!
    Mar 23 09:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Broadcom: Another Fail At Resistance? [View article]
    DuncanK1,

While an RSI is helpful, it is not always right. For instance, it may not be overbought at $38, ever, but may just be a barrier in which it cannot easily cross.

I do agree that it is looking less and less likely to come back down as it has cleanly cleared the range with big gain the other day. But I will be keeping my eye on it to over the coming days and weeks to see if it can hold now.

Thanks for replying.
    Mar 20 03:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Broadcom: Another Fail At Resistance? [View article]
    Greengirl,

Thank you for your response! Today BRCM is up nearly 3%, and almost up to $39. I have not initiated a long position in puts as of yet, but should BRCM begin to sway near these levels and momentum begins to fade, I will surely look to buying puts. Until then I would be careful, because this could be a breakout in the stock. Be safe and wait for confirmation!

Good luck and happy trading!
    Mar 19 12:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • UVXY: Pick Up Some Cheap Portfolio Insurance [View article]
    Traderboy69,

Volatility products have been acting very strange lately. I would be very cautious now when using them. Things have changed in the past few weeks quite drastically with VOL.
    Mar 19 12:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • UVXY: Pick Up Some Cheap Portfolio Insurance [View article]
    Foodforthought,

Thank you, I am aware of how the securities are composed of underlying volatility. And even though it does not follow the the spot VIX that doesn't mean it, at one point, did not move accordingly with big market moves.
    Thank you for your comment.
    Mar 18 03:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Beauty Of The 'Neutral Calendar Spread' Using Weekly Options [View article]
    The increased time should help if placed earlier in the week. Since more time will be priced into the option you will collect a higher premium. However, just with anything else, higher reward is accompanied by higher risk.
    Mar 17 07:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • More Profit To Be Harvested From Potash Corp [View article]
    Veilside,

I agree, though these stocks go through swings like everyone else, people still keep multiplying, and still need to eat.
    Mar 16 09:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • More Profit To Be Harvested From Potash Corp [View article]
    And I am one them!
    Mar 14 03:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Big Money To Be Made In Agriculture [View article]
    look sunny, I mean c'mon. I'm not here to argue with you. I'm saying I see value in Potash, thinking it will go up...You commenting saying you thought it was going to two bucks would leave one with the impression you aren't long the equity.

I never said it can't go lower, in fact I specifically said they could, "It's true these companies could fall back to their 2011 lows, but I feel there is much more upside potential than downside risk."

I'm long the stock and from here it could easily trade lower, very easily. Though personally I don't think it goes to $2. This will be my last post to you, considering the topic is of near irrelevance.

Mar 14 12:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Big Money To Be Made In Agriculture [View article]
    Bbay, agreed. I looked up to Chris when I was new to SA. While I know more people will comment to hate rather than to praise, I thought it could have been handled in a better manner as well. However, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and therefore can express it as they will. I messaged Chris explaining that I was a new writer and have things to work on, this I know. Beginning to write on SA I knew I would receive harsh recourse from some, and thus have a thicker skin to it, as you have said. Thank you.
    Mar 14 12:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Big Money To Be Made In Agriculture [View article]
    T-rex,

do you mean Deere? CAT was never mentioned.
    Mar 14 11:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment