Bret Kenwell

View Bret Kenwell's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Head Fake: Don't Trust The Euro [View article]
    nino,

I truthfully have no idea what you're talking about. You can see my disclosure, which includes zero positions. Your reference to the daiquiri. No idea what you're talking about.

Let's try and keep the comments section for mature, productive conversation, not childish jabber.

I am long zero puts.
    Aug 6, 2012. 07:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Head Fake: Don't Trust The Euro [View article]
    I'm just not into all that "doomsday talk" and picking the sides of best case scenario and worst case scenario. A lot could happen, that is for certain. Even if the ECB intervenes and finds a "solution" to the Euro-mess I still thinks it's going to be an expensive one, one that will take the Euro down with it.

That or the Euro will fail. Either way, I just don't see the Euro rising very high in the long term.
    Aug 6, 2012. 07:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Starbucks Re-Examined After Earnings [View article]
    David,

A couple points. My first is that if the Fed or ECB (or both) step in with more stimulus, this will be bad for SBUX. As commodity prices rise, such a coffee, SBUX will feel more of a pinch in their margins and this will be reflected in their earnings.

The second, the point of Roubini's perfect storm is kind of irrelevant. Should this perfect storm arise, and I'm not bull, SBUX may very well trade at $20 like you state. BUT almost every other stock will get halved in that instance as well. Whether they have a high PE or not, stocks will get killed if that series of events plays out.
    Aug 6, 2012. 05:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • VirnetX: Do You Believe In Fairytales? Part 1 [View article]
    Right, I'm sure you are. Pretty Ill-legitimate way to proclaim such a title for yourself.
    Jul 27, 2012. 02:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • VirnetX: Do You Believe In Fairytales? Part 1 [View article]
    Dear Angry-Bull,

Suffice to say it is not illegal to spin something to the likes of your long or shortness. If someone where long VHC and wrote a very bullish paper, I would doubt that there would be any of you on here crying. This is investing and things happen. We need to pull up our big boy pants and move on.

If the facts are wrong and intentionally distorted that way, then yes that is immoral and illegal. However, if Special K (whom I have no connection with whatsoever) takes TRUE facts and spins them in a negative light, there is nothing illegal and the SEC, I can guarantee, will not be involved.

Tootles.
    Jul 27, 2012. 10:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Procter & Gamble: For The Trader And The Investor Alike [View article]
    Haha, like I said...for the trader and investor alike ;)
    Jul 12, 2012. 12:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Procter & Gamble: For The Trader And The Investor Alike [View article]
    Kudos! That didn't take long eh?
    Jul 12, 2012. 11:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Procter & Gamble: For The Trader And The Investor Alike [View article]
    New Disclosure: With PG up over $2 today I have exited my position earlier than anticipated. For what it's worth.

Cheers,

Bret
    Jul 12, 2012. 11:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Rally? [View article]
    Ryandan,

It's an ongoing, never ending, uphill battle my friend ha. Seriously though, it's like they're so offended when ANYTHING is said about Ford that isn't positive. Oh well, realists vs. optimists I suppose!

Appreciate the humor and the post, enjoy the weekend brother!

Bret
    Jul 7, 2012. 12:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Rally? [View article]
    remurraymd,

Not bickering, just talking in this instance: Short since '09 has been unfavorable, yes. But short in '07 wasn't, correct? There is a time and a place for shorting. I was short coming in this morning and cleaned up quite nicely.

Now, perhaps it's because I am speaking and thinking with more of a trader mindset, but short term, this rally ran way to high, too fast. It had to come down and a bad jobs number aided in the correction. Now it will be up to earnings to carry the weight (something I also don't expect to be very good).

The reason I am short the Q's, is because I am very good with their weekly options. Unlike other indices, I have the best fortunes using that. For a full disclosure I will note: I cut all long this morning, and am currently out of my short position in QQQ, (as of this afternoon) but am looking to re-initiate in it via options.

If you're a long term guy, then hell yeah, long is the way to go. I'm just saying it may be wise to take some gains here or buy some protection going forward. Best case? Earnings are awesome, your longs knock it out of the park, and your puts expire worthless, just like a hedge ought to do. But worst case? Earnings suck, we get more bad economic numbers, and oh, what's this? Your longs are saved because you protected them with put options!

That's my point. Either trade it, or protect yourself from it. I hope you don't see this as 'smart mouth' response. It isn't intended that way. But do you agree or disagree with the overall concept?
    Jul 6, 2012. 03:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Rally? [View article]
    Wixy,

I have no denial in the part of the HFT boys and algorithm programs. I'm not sure if this is just an add on to the article..or a notice to me? However, I will not disagree that manipulation occurs more than most care to think it does. The lighter the volume, the easier it is to do. All you need to do see the 3:00pm show. Where the Algo's dump or pump into the close. Sad, but that's the way it is these days.

Cheers,

Bret
    Jul 6, 2012. 02:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Rally? [View article]
    It's not the fact that arose interest in the inaccurate statement, though it's not entirely inaccurate. You can get a 'bee in your bonnet' about it you want, I personally don't care. However, you continued on rant about the fundamentals of Ford and how they're going to do 'oh, so great!' when this article has little to none to do with Ford and all to do with the S&P 500 and overall markets.

This is my last comment to in regards to the Ford Fiasco.

Bret
    Jul 6, 2012. 02:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Rally? [View article]
    Smalls,

You sound like a pissed off Ford shareholder. This whole article has ONE sentence about Ford in it, ONE. This isn't about Ford at all, they're only used as an example for a poor pre-announcement. If you would rather sit here and gabble away about how great Ford is, why don't you go to my other article:

I'm sure you'll love it. It was written back in May.

Good-buy,

Bret
    Jul 6, 2012. 12:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • What Rally? [View article]
    Nightjoe,

Always a good idea to have an idea where to take gains. When picture changes, so do minds and where people want their positions. Think we could start heading down, and if one is not for shorting, at least taking gains on longs should be considered.

Thanks for your input,

Bret
    Jul 6, 2012. 12:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Procter & Gamble: For The Trader And The Investor Alike [View article]
    Quin,

An investor who does their research. Bravo. Glad to see we can agree on a fair entry price as PG is near $60. Nice work! PG, though it has been lackluster as of late, is at a good price level now.

Bret