Bret Kenwell

View Bret Kenwell's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Seadrill: Buy This Fat Yield Before It's Too Late [View article]
    Thanks for the kind words freebra. Appreciate it!

Bret
    Nov 20 12:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple To $1,000? 1 Main Catalyst [View article]
    Always easy to come back and brag when you're right. Sure one would do the same when wrong 3 months later. MSFT isn't having the best ride either, FWIW:

Nov 19 11:45 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Use Apple's Cash To Your Advantage [View article]
    "Anyone who thinks Apple's best days are still ahead are just stupid. I am not saying they are going to decline..."

Soooo what are you saying then?
    Nov 16 11:59 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • An Alternative To Purchasing Shares Of Coca-Cola [View article]
    Nick--

Thanks for the comment and appreciate the kind words, especially from a such a respectable options trader as yourself.

Cheers,

Bret
    Nov 15 03:14 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Using The Fiscal Cliff To Find Stocks On Sale [View article]
    Bob,

No problem...you put out some great articles that make the lives of many much easier when looking at dividend growth investing. On behalf of many here on SA, thank you and we appreciate your work!

Bret
    Nov 13 05:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • In Favor Of An Apple Stock Split [View article]
    Those trying to trick themselves into thinking Apple is the next Berkshire Hathaway are dead wrong.
    Sep 8 06:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • In Favor Of An Apple Stock Split [View article]
    Goofydon and digger5,

I know what you're saying. Trust me, I get it :) ! But it's imperative for others to note that there ARE investors out there that got in Apple when it was $8, $10, $25 a share. Now with it approaching $700 they feel as though they "are just happy" with the stock where it is.

Since they did the homework and they found the early growth, they are just fine with how things stand now. They think it's the next Berkshire (It's not) and are against a split.

Believe me, I think it's ridiculous. But I have read enough comments, talked with enough people and gone through enough forums to know that this group exists, however silly it may be.

Thanks for the comments!!

Bret
    Sep 7 10:18 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Starbucks: Would You Like That Hot Or Cold? [View article]
    I caught that yesterday actually. Almost all of this depends on Mario Draghi and Ben Bernanke. If they deliver, all stocks will go higher. If they don't, nearly all will go lower.
    Sep 6 09:21 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Buying Coca-Cola Post The Stock Split [View article]
    Trooper,

That's awesome! Seriously, KO must've made you some serious coin. Bravo!

Thanks for reinforcing the long term approach and for commenting!

Bret
    Aug 25 07:57 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why A Mini iPad Will Kill The Kindle [View article]
    Haha, John, 3rd person Maverick isn't worth the time to argue with. He brings fraudulent facts to the table along with bogus remarks. I tried, not worth the effort.
    Aug 24 11:46 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why A Mini iPad Will Kill The Kindle [View article]
    Ronin/Banker,

Yes, I would think it all Ipad's (assuming multiple sizes) would be a great function for the iTV. The interesting point about the education system was a biggie for Jobs. He would go to colleges and universities and see those kids that do 2 or 3 classes in a row. Some classes need more than one book, or have a huge one. This left kids carrying 30 or 40 lbs of books sometimes.

Jobs noticed this instantly and wanted to make a big push into the books and university books situation via the iPad. He semi has completed that, but I think Apple will make a Huge dent in that space if they can get the publishers on board. As you guys were saying, lower education would be huge too, for the younger kids. Smaller size and cheaper will help the school budgets and the kids as well.

Lastly the "gutter project." Assuming Apple made the Mini to be a great product in a market that people would want, rather than making to create a ballooning profit, Jobs would stand behind it. He always believe in beating his own products, and while most people never would, he did it because he knew if he didn't someone else would. Hopefully Cook shares his mindset. Not just for the mini but all products in general.

Bret
    Aug 21 08:31 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Groundhog Day: Will September's Sell-Off Repeat? [View article]
    Good Article Russ-- I was just talking with some fellow traders about how low the VIX is, down at $13.45. Like you said, there are several factors in the reading, it means puts are super cheap. One can insure their entire portfolio with some SPY puts with really low IV.

If anyone is overweight or long in general, I would have advise--make that heavily advise--that they either A. cut back longs or cash out if they're short term guys, or B. Buy some protection!!
    Aug 19 12:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why A Mini iPad Will Kill The Kindle [View article]
    Mike--

My point wasn't that they were literally the very first company to create a tablet. My point was, before Apple the table space essentially didn't matter. And it's true. Apple revolutionized that, as you acknowledged, and are constantly (and always will be trying to) innovate to continue their success. Whether they can do that has yet to be seen, but thus far they've been great at it.

I think if there is a smaller tablet market, which there is, Apple should be in it. There's not a whole of reasons not too. This is tech, and in tech you can't afford to be lazy, arrogant or stubborn. Especially all three.
    Aug 12 08:00 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why A Mini iPad Will Kill The Kindle [View article]
    gtmacd,

Apple was too late to this party? With all due respect, Apple created this party! Apple built this castle where the party is being thrown. Before Apple a tablet was only a pill. By late to the party I assume you mean the 7-inch tablet, but without Apple there would be a No-Inch tablet.

Like I've said in previous writings, It's not that the other products suck. They're good I'm sure--though my personal experience aside--their just not Apple. Apple is the innovator of every recent, significant technological move in a personal stance. They revolutionized cell phones, (though some companies almost did), the created the tablet world and before the iPod, MP3 were a joke, an absolute joke. I would've rather sported my Sony Walkman.

They might not kill the competition in the mini tablet space the way they have in the normal tablet arena, but they will do damn good, you can count on that. And they will have a better jump than you think, by having 3 generations of tablets out already. I have no doubts that the Nexus 7 is a good device. It's just not an Apple. And an Apple is what everyone seemingly wants.

I appreciate the comment, and disclosure. It shows that your humbled opinion is an honest one and I commend you for that. Though my stance may be different, I respect your opinion and appreciate you taking the time to show it, as your first comment. I hope you come to enjoy and learn from SA.

Cheers,

Bret
    Aug 10 11:05 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • No One Wants The iPhone? Think Again [View article]
    Ronin,

You are correct in noting that they have not been rewarded with a higher P/E, despite the fact their margins are so much higher. I think this is party do the the price tag. Though cheap on an earnings basis (or value basis) Apple is still $600 a share.

There are a lot of retailer investors not willing or not able to shell out $60K for 100 shares of Apple. Unfortunately, or maybe even fortunately depending on how you look at it, Apple trades more its price than it does on its fundamentals, IMO.

Thanks for the insight,