Bret Kenwell

View Bret Kenwell's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Netflix: To Infinity And Beyond - Will Recent Upward Momentum Continue? [View article]
    Hey Sakelaris,

Sorry for such a late response! But you're right, I don't think we'll ever see $300/share again. Despite all the trouble, NFLX does have a huge customer base. It was a bummer when they lost Showtime/Starz, some great shows were there.

A while ago, in the summer I had a new apartment for a 3 months. Instead of cable I just used Netflix because I was working so much that I didn't have time to actually sit down and watch TV for hours on end. Netflix was nice because I had TV shows to choose from, movies, whatever. And was cheap.

Thanks for the comment,

Bret
    Dec 17 09:10 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Seadrill: A Deeper Look At Its Dividend Ability [View article]
    Cmmodity,

I'm not long and looking to get out. Actually, it's the opposite. I like Seadrill a lot and think its future prospects look promising. I am a recent long shareholder and plan on holding for an intermediate- to long-term.

The dividend cut in 2008 had more to do with the whole economic meltdown than Seadrill's ability to continue payouts, in my opinion. While I do think the future dividend is safe right now, I think it's important for investors to realize that SDRL has cut its dividend before and are not historically consistent at paying it out like some other blue-chip stocks. For now, I am long and happy.
    Dec 7 09:44 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Ford Looking To Change The World [View article]
    Personally, I think it has performed VERY well, outperforming the S&P by 10% over the last month actually...

If you look at my other article, and maybe you did, the link above in a number of ways (in the article too) but it is basically my bullish stance on Ford. This piece focuses more on the minivan aspect of Ford breaking into that market nice, but I did do a piece specifically on my bullishness for Ford.

Here is the link if you're interested on why I'm bullish and how I'm playing it:

Nov 21 04:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Seadrill: Buy This Fat Yield Before It's Too Late [View article]
    I like their most recent sale to be honest. Not exactly a spin-off, but certainly fits in the "what not." The multi-billion dollar sales appears to have been "getting out on top" of their tender rigs.

I don't know, some people are mixed on the concept, but I think it's good. They've had a tight grip on the area and with increase competition it's only going to hinder them. Plus it allows them to focus on big-money drilling contracts, such as deep-water.

Regarding the spin-offs, it's more complicated. SDRL has their hands in a LOT of different places, making it hard for many to stick their finger into just one, do you have a specific one on your mind?

But it's a great point & I think it would be pretty beneficial for those to know. I'll work on an article over the holidays, and when I put it out I'll let everyone here know. Sound good?

Bret
    Nov 21 09:44 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Ford Looking To Change The World [View article]
    sorry for the late response calouche, but as no on really stated, the PE is skewed, meaning it's not really accurate. It will be, but is not right now. That's why it's important to look at multiple valuations :)

Bret
    Nov 21 09:13 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Ford For $3.90? Buying This Automaker Before The Move [View article]
    moran,

An idiot? I'm sure if you've got shares as far back as 1970 you've quite a good cost basis, yes? Personally, I would be more optimistic on Ford than pessimistic.

Ford certainly has a tough road ahead, especially with Europe accounting for so many losses. But with how well they're performing over here, I think it trades at a discount. personally I think there's upside left and if you were able to hold Ford while it spiraled down to $1, then I think you'll be safe for a while :)

Bret
    Nov 20 01:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Seadrill: Buy This Fat Yield Before It's Too Late [View article]
    Yes Goalkick, I agree. Although it depends on your reasoning behind buying SDRL (trade or investment), I think 38 is good, 36 obviously, much better.

With the Cliff in play, it makes it hard to go out and really establish positions, so perhaps starter positions would be most appropriate while adding if a decline comes around.

Thanks for commenting,

Bret
    Nov 20 12:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Seadrill: Buy This Fat Yield Before It's Too Late [View article]
    Thanks for the kind words freebra. Appreciate it!

Bret
    Nov 20 12:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple To $1,000? 1 Main Catalyst [View article]
    Always easy to come back and brag when you're right. Sure one would do the same when wrong 3 months later. MSFT isn't having the best ride either, FWIW:

Nov 19 11:45 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Use Apple's Cash To Your Advantage [View article]
    "Anyone who thinks Apple's best days are still ahead are just stupid. I am not saying they are going to decline..."

Soooo what are you saying then?
    Nov 16 11:59 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • An Alternative To Purchasing Shares Of Coca-Cola [View article]
    Nick--

Thanks for the comment and appreciate the kind words, especially from a such a respectable options trader as yourself.

Cheers,

Bret
    Nov 15 03:14 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Using The Fiscal Cliff To Find Stocks On Sale [View article]
    Bob,

No problem...you put out some great articles that make the lives of many much easier when looking at dividend growth investing. On behalf of many here on SA, thank you and we appreciate your work!

Bret
    Nov 13 05:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • In Favor Of An Apple Stock Split [View article]
    Those trying to trick themselves into thinking Apple is the next Berkshire Hathaway are dead wrong.
    Sep 8 06:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • In Favor Of An Apple Stock Split [View article]
    Goofydon and digger5,

I know what you're saying. Trust me, I get it :) ! But it's imperative for others to note that there ARE investors out there that got in Apple when it was $8, $10, $25 a share. Now with it approaching $700 they feel as though they "are just happy" with the stock where it is.

Since they did the homework and they found the early growth, they are just fine with how things stand now. They think it's the next Berkshire (It's not) and are against a split.

Believe me, I think it's ridiculous. But I have read enough comments, talked with enough people and gone through enough forums to know that this group exists, however silly it may be.

Thanks for the comments!!

Bret
    Sep 7 10:18 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Starbucks: Would You Like That Hot Or Cold? [View article]
    I caught that yesterday actually. Almost all of this depends on Mario Draghi and Ben Bernanke. If they deliver, all stocks will go higher. If they don't, nearly all will go lower.
    Sep 6 09:21 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment