Bret Kenwell

View Bret Kenwell's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why A Mini iPad Will Kill The Kindle [View article]
    Look at their iPod. Nano, touch, full size. They have all different ones. The Macbook. They have the normal Mac, a Macbook pro, and a Macbook air--a thin miniature version. If there's a market..why not.
    Aug 8 08:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why A Mini iPad Will Kill The Kindle [View article]
    wgt46,

This is true and has even been said by the late Steve Jobs.

Kudos,

Aug 8 07:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why A Mini iPad Will Kill The Kindle [View article]
    User 208961,

Like Vipertom I agree that there is a place in the market for the iPad. Let's put it this way..Whoever wants an iPad and doesn't have it, likely won't move from that to the mini-iPad. Most people who want the full sized iPad either A. have it or B. will get it. The smaller iPad appeals to college students, people on low/strict budgets or those who do not wish to have a full sized iPad.

There is a market for a mini-iPad, and it doesn't make sense not to target that crowd, in my opinion.

Thanks for the comment, both of you guys. Cheers,

Aug 8 06:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • No One Wants The iPhone? Think Again [View article]
    Bailinnumberguy,

I don't know if they would do it in the same day. It doesn't matter I guess, the announcement of China Mobile will be HUGE for Apple and their shareholders. Absolutely huge.
    Aug 8 06:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why A Mini iPad Will Kill The Kindle [View article]
    Gary,

I totally agree with your first paragraph. Totally spot on in my opinion. And even in paragraph 2 I am in high agreement. I think they will make it competitively priced, because it's a huge factor for the smaller tablet, but agree with your reasons for why they won't price it "VERY aggressively."

Thanks for the great, productive comment. We all appreciate it, as it is contributing in a positive manner. Cheers,

Aug 8 06:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why A Mini iPad Will Kill The Kindle [View article]
    Actually cmervin,

You will see that Apple is pretty effective, both with Kindle App and their own version, iBooks. Just to make a point/observation. Not de-crediting your point by any means :)

Cheers,

Aug 8 06:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why A Mini iPad Will Kill The Kindle [View article]
    pirota,

haha this is an interesting point. I thought of this as well and I don't know? Trading maybe? :) But even on the go, I have my brokers iPad app which makes managing existing position SUCH a breeze. I can honestly say I use my iPad for just about everything. $2 or something and I got the app to write word documents. So I can work on articles at the beach, on the train, plane or car!

Thanks for the comment and interesting point! Cheers,

Aug 8 06:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why A Mini iPad Will Kill The Kindle [View article]
    Rebecca,

Apple has thrived at tying all of their products together to work perfectly and seamlessly. The introduction of the iCloud has made even more things become possible. Many people old, young, rebellious and tech loving--all facets of people--will love the power and complete ease which Apple creates.

To have music, photos, movies, videos, TV, emailing, phone and TONS of other stuff all tied together so easily. It's truly amazing what they have done.
    Aug 8 06:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • No One Wants The iPhone? Think Again [View article]
    Albthep,

Nice show of class giving the shout to the late Steve Jobs. And yes Apple has a creative, talented, and innovated team with many products still in the pipeline. But if you've read the Steve Jobs biography (and if you haven't I highly suggest it!) you'll see how much of a huge role Steve played in Apple's success all the way up until his death. He was vital and a control freak. I hope they continue their success behind Tim Cook (new CEO) and John Ive (the Creative Director).

Thanks for the great comment, appreciate you taking the time to do so. Cheers,

Aug 8 06:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • No One Wants The iPhone? Think Again [View article]
    Gary,

Though Apple sets a relatively conservative forward outlook, in a "technically speaking" manner they missed. I agree, they did what they said they would, and analysts were overly optimistic, but they are strapped to the same rules that all other public companies are. It just is what it is.

Thanks for the comment!

Aug 8 06:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • No One Wants The iPhone? Think Again [View article]
    Jebworks,

Appreciate the kinds words about the article. I found that these statistics are startling, and the article I just wrote about the iPad, in my opinion, is far more interesting than that of the iPhone. However, I tend to agree with you.

And make that millions upon millions have no intention of switching.

Thanks for the comment and again appreciate the kind words. Cheers,

Aug 8 06:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • No One Wants The iPhone? Think Again [View article]
    Radarthreat,

While I agree Apple will never remain on the top forever, they are on the top now and not going anywhere any time soon. That's why I think we should take note, because Apple is bigger and better than RIMM and Motorola. Only time will tell how long they can make it on top, but I would say for a while longer at least.

thanks for the comment bringing some of us back to earth! Cheers,

Aug 8 06:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • No One Wants The iPhone? Think Again [View article]
    39413,

Ironic and great point. Apple always has a reason for doing things, and I'm sure this wasn't by coincidence. Great planning and really nice job and point this out!! Thanks, I appreciate that and you taking the time to comment!

Hope to hear more from you. Cheers,

Aug 8 05:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • No One Wants The iPhone? Think Again [View article]
    Abrane,

The point you raise about windows and other Mac products are interesting. When I read the Steve Jobs biography, it was intentionally made this way. So that all Apple products worked seamlessly for one another, and the iMac worked as the "central hub" for all the other Apple devices.

The one true exception was the iPod. Apple knew that there was way more Windows users out there than Mac. So to rapidly boost the sales for the iPod, Apple made iTunes compatible for Windows.

Thanks for raising these points!

Aug 8 05:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • No One Wants The iPhone? Think Again [View article]
    Outsider,

There are many that share your mindset as well as albthep's. Many will hold out until the iPhone 5 comes out to upgrade, (as we noticed in Apple's Q3 last year, by slumping iPhone sales due to this. But at the same time, in your camp, we've noticed that many are willing to stay out overnight to get their hands on the new device, even if they just got a new iPhone 4s less than a year ago!

Thanks for the comment!