Bret Kenwell

View Bret Kenwell's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why A Mini iPad Will Kill The Kindle [View article]
    Stockgal,

My guess is they would make it competitively priced as well. That's almost the whole point, so consumers can have a smaller, cheaper tablet to work with, rather than a more expensive one. If one had the money to purchase an iPad, why would they be buying other tablets instead? My guess is price has a lot to do with it. Just my .02 sense though.

Appreciate the comment, thanks!

Bret
    Aug 8 05:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why A Mini iPad Will Kill The Kindle [View article]
    eh.Gee,

I'm not necessarily pronouncing the Kindle a zombie, just that I think an iPad Mini will kill any miniature tablet on the market today.
    Aug 8 05:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why A Mini iPad Will Kill The Kindle [View article]
    The mention of the Amazon prime is an interesting point. Though I can't say I have prime, in a way, I wish I did. And I agree with you to a point. It's just in my opinion, and it is just that, an opinion, if Apple were to introduce a mini tablet, and someone were on the fence on an iPad Mini vs (any other mini tablet) I would put my money on them choosing Apple.

Thanks for the comment! And I'm with ya on diggin' Apple products! Love them myself,

Bret
    Aug 8 05:42 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why A Mini iPad Will Kill The Kindle [View article]
    High_sierra_Howard,

I can honestly say that I've never used the Nexus. I have an a bad experience with Android, though not in tablet form. The truth however remains that people are addicts about Apple. Each new device has people camping out overnight to get them. Being sold out for weeks at a time. It's not a dis to the Nexus or Kindle, It just isn't what Apple has built the iPad to be.

So in short, I have no personal beef with the Nexus, I just know that it fails to sell the way the iPad does. And in my opinion, should Apple introduce a mini version of the iPad it'll crush any competitor in the way.

Thanks for commenting. I appreciate it!

Bret
    Aug 8 05:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • No One Wants The iPhone? Think Again [View article]
    Rlbeard and PedroG,

Landing China Mobile for iPhone would be huge. A homerun and it's great you guys bring that up. Apple would puke so many phones up to China it isn't even funny! The hard thing to tell would be the price. I don't think they would have much trouble getting to $800 personally, for their next fiscal year of earnings would likely be shattering.

Many analysts and others calling for $1000 eventually, and I truly think China Mobile would be the catalyst. Think about how fast Apple when from ~$400 to nearly $650 on the success of the iPhone so far.

And congrats to both of you on the good entries. Anywhere sub $200 at this point is great, sub $100? Phenomenal. Wish I could say the same.

Good luck guys and thanks for the input!

Bret
    Aug 8 05:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • No One Wants The iPhone? Think Again [View article]
    Pagreen and Phil,

Great points by both of you. Phil--I just put out an article about a "mini iPad" just recently. Perhaps it would interest you! :)

And Pagreen, a "Phablet" haha. That's a good one and remind me of the droid phone with a rather large screen. For me personally, I don't think I would like it. But then again, like in your scenario, I've never had a large screened phone. My previous phone was the Blackberry Bold!

Thanks for both your inputs!

Bret
    Aug 8 05:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why A Mini iPad Will Kill The Kindle [View article]
    Very Curious,

In a way, you sort of just proved you do, with all due respect. You have, about or at least $4000+ in Apple products. Clearly you love them, because they're great products. I have an iPhone and an iPad as well. I can honestly say I love them as well.

However, I think with a new smaller tablet, Apple will be aiming at the crowd who DOESN'T have an iPad yet. While iPad users now may revert to the smaller one, I think the rationale behind creating a smaller one would be for the market they have largely left untouched.

Please don't take my comment the wrong way. It isn't meant to be argumentative or put you on the defensive :)

Thanks for commenting,

Bret
    Aug 8 05:12 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Should Pay A Dividend And Split Its Stock [View article]
    Firstly, Apple has split before, so it's not like they've never done it. Secondly, look at companies such as Walmart or Coke. If you had invested 1000 shares in Walmart 30 years ago, you'd have over 500,000 shares by now. KO and WMT are not volatile stocks are held by value investing, buy-and-hold investors. So by starting splits are horrible for a company is also false.
    Mar 2 05:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Should Pay A Dividend And Split Its Stock [View article]
    It's not that they can't afford it, it's that many cannot see paying $500 for one share, therefore, they avoid.
    Mar 1 09:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Should Pay A Dividend And Split Its Stock [View article]
    I agree. A split would give smaller investors a chance to get into these high price stocks. They're values and PE's might be low, but most people don't see that. A split would give the psychological edge to these companies. Too bad Google will always be against a split, as a revenge play for people discounting them as a joke in the beginning, a "bubble."
    Mar 1 09:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment