When The 'Big Money' Is Unanimously Wrong, Go Long
- Barron’s latest polling of “Big Money” institutional investors revealed one interesting, investable idea.
- They unanimously hate Sears Holdings.
- But, financial legend Eddie Lampert is quietly turning Sears into a viable, integrated retailer.
- Thanks to the prevailing pessimism, any bit of good news from Sears is likely to send the stock soaring.
Why You Should Short Crude Oil Today
- Hedge funds are as bullish on crude oil as they've been for the past year.
- However their recent timing has been an excellent contrary indicator.
- We also have plentiful crude oil supply and stocks.
- Bullish sentiment combined with bearish fundamentals make crude oil an excellent short-term short candidate.
- Hedge Funds: Ultimate Contrary Indicator On Gold?
- Beware Time Magazine's 'Raging Bull' Cover?
Why Warren Buffett Is No Longer A Value Investor
Aug. 27, 2013 • 7 Comments
- Buying From Panic Sellers: A Forgotten, Unloved Precious Metal
- Guidewire's Ambiguous Q3 Results, And The Market's Manic Reaction
- Attention Commodity Shoppers: Cotton's Blue Light Special
- A Growth Software Company With Utility-Like Revenue Stability - Guidewire
- 2012 Economic And Market Forecasts From Glenn Cohen And Rick Campagna
An Interview With Andy Kessler: Finding the Next Big Thing
Feb. 3, 2011 • 3 Comments
- A Look at Valuations of Google, Apple, Microsoft and Intel
- Two Commodities to Buy in 2011
- Comparing Recessions via Benjamin Roth's Great Depression Diary
- 5 Short Trade Ideas for 2011: Weaklings Lagging the Current Rally
- Chinese Stocks, Dr. Copper, And Why Going Long Stocks Is Pointless
- An Updated Look at Europe's Sovereign Debt Woes
- U.S. Dollar Turning Up: Room to Run?
- Deflation Returns and Laughs in QE2's Face
- Are We Looking at Trillion-Dollar Annual Interest Payments on U.S. Debt?
- 3 Reasons the Dollar Is About to Rally: A Contrarian Case for the Greenback
- So Who's Right: China Bulls or Bears?
- Greek Default Near? Finance Minister Tries Some Spin
- Harry Dent's Outlook on Demographics, Debt and Deflation
- How the VIX Has Historically Forecast Stock Prices
- Currency Traders Laugh at Bernanke's Jackson Hole Jawboning
Evidence the Fed Is Interested in Self-Preservation
Aug. 25, 2010 • 5 Comments
- Why the Euro Is a Great Short Right Now
- Potash Tells BHP Billiton to Get Lost (or Come Back With a Better Offer)
- Bill Gross Calls for Nationalization of Mortgage Financing
- Chip Stocks Slammed as PC Orders 'Fall Off a Cliff'
- Wheat Prices Hit Two-Year High as Russian Bans Exports