Brian Bobbitt

View Brian Bobbitt's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Facebook Dives Straight Into Web 3.0 [View article]
    Did you know the government owns FB? An information gathering system.

HAHA. Just kidding. I still say it is a buy, and will be til it tops out at about $500.

Capt. Brian
    The Lost Navigator

PS Made you think didn't I? Have fun. Buy coins.
    May 24, 2014. 10:50 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook bringing video ads to 7 more markets [View news story]
    The new screamer. HOLD and BUY FB
    May 20, 2014. 07:59 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold industry consolidation likely despite Barrick-Newmont merger collapse [View news story]
    Despite all the news pro and con higher prices, I continue to see fundamental reasons for a continued weakness in the metals.
    To be more precise, I say prices are as near to a 'bottom' as one dare to declare. I put my reputation on the line at $26.26 and had my hat handed to me.
    This time, I firmly feel prices are very close or have seen the lowest we will see ever again.
    Go look at your monthly chart, going back before the big rise, and it appears, technologically speaking, that prices have settled in this area.
    I would be a buyer of silver eagles in here, or very high grade numismatics (IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING).
    High grade means one of a kind, or with a population under 50.
    Otherwise, for now, I suppose GLD or SLV is okay. I don't have any of it. I consider an ounce of silver equal to a share of SLV. I will not be getting any more silver stocks or ETF's. Too many shenanigans possible. The Silver market itself, I'm pretty sure, is fixed, but at least with that, you can 'clink it' in your hand. Put it in a safe, and let the price move up.
    Capt. Brian
    The Lost Navigator
    May 19, 2014. 07:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook strikes ad deal with Publicis reportedly worth $500M [View news story]
    not suprised, I like it, I see FB as a biggie one day. I mean, REAL biggie.
    Capt. Brian
    The Lost Navigator
    May 19, 2014. 04:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Professional Silver Stealth Buying Underway In Futures And ETFs [View article]
    Somewhere, prefan4200 , I feel you have a grasp on the picture although we are looking through a fog. I too feel there is "something rotten in Denmark". ( that phrase comes from Hamlet ) and has universal meaning to describe corruption or a situation in which something is wrong.

I know for sure that silver and gold reflect the rise in prices globally. In each currency, the inflation rate is different, therefore the rate of rise or fall in PM's (Precious Metals) is not always the same across borders.

However, we all know prices across the board are rising and in fact, looking at a monthly chart, so are the PM's.

But, I feel the rise in prices globally are not reflected in the global 'fix' of the price of silver.

I am (and have been for years) convinced that our government is simply not doing it right, and Americans across the board don't seem to care.
    I may be making a mistake by unloading all my silver for high grade numismatics BUT that is only to increase my 'value', then turn it into silver eagles before the rise in silver.
    My brother whom I respect greatly with his business and financial acumen ability has put off buying Ag for years, just this month got 'some'.
    I am 'as we speak', making arrangements for some high grade numismatics and now have unloaded all my 'scrap' silver and is sitting in numismatics.
    I will in a very short time, begin to trade it all for silver eagles. I am sure this is coming, (the rise in the metals) and don't want to walk the edge much longer.
    Capt. BrianThe Lost Navigator
    May 19, 2014. 12:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    My two tired old sun bleached eyes look like the two charts up above in the article. This article gathers more info than my burned out lump of boiler coal brain can crunch. I will say, that what I did get out of it was rather positive for the future of silver prices moving up.
    All I can conclude is apparently, silver has found a comfortable place for it so sit for a while for us bottom pickers to get more and more confident of a 'place to buy'.
    I have been touting silver since it broke the $26.26 level and rub my eyes in disbelief at each new low. I continue to carry the 'buy banner' for the white metal.
    I am convinced that forces for it to move higher are well entrenched. The QE and the like has been the final straw, which have the camel's knees bending under the pressure. I am sure it will soon break into a great financial realignment. The resulting tsunami of bad planning will be our undoing.
    It appears that Portugal and the Euro-zone have found proper ways to extricate itself from its financial errors as the Euro-dollar seems to be doing fine and making the US$ look pretty ill.
    My conclusion is to take all my scrap metal and buy high grade numismatics, and in a short time unload them all at higher prices and trade them in for silver eagles before it is too late.
    I just posted a much more detailed comment so go to my comments to see my deeper thinking.
    Capt. Brian
    The Lost Navigator
    May 17, 2014. 01:17 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Canadian Discounts On Gold And Other Precious Metals (May Update) [View article]
    DRAT. I feel th is article has no basis in any facts. I wish articles that don't choose a direction and be proud of it should be bypassed by the editors.

I have been denied articles because they don't give the investor anything to grab onto or no basis.

This is but another series of articles which may just as well say, "Your guess is as good as mine." Then go on to prove it!

I say simply, every ledge the PM's find lower, you should increase your supply.
    My own attack on the 'low' prices is to trade in scrap silver for silver eagles and high grade numismatics. I am, in fact, right in the middle of a massive trade of that ilk.

I feel the storm is building,but not yet breaking, and there is time to amass numismatics, very high grade and rarity, then trade them in at the last minute for silver eagles.

This financial tsunami coming, IMHO, is going to propel the PM's to new highs. I don't know how long QE and the like can hold back the financial storm coming, but it must come.

Then again, you will learn what real money is made of.

Capt. Brian
    The Lost Navigator
    May 15, 2014. 10:39 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Silver Remain Close To $20? [View article]
    Well, with the problems I have getting an article through the censors at SA, I have taken to just using the comments. I try to keep it relevant to what the subject at hand is.
    In fact, sometimes the subject at hand is involved with myriad other items and get merged. LOL thanks.
    Capt B
    May 15, 2014. 10:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Silver Remain Close To $20? [View article]
    For the ETF's of silver, their drop has no matter IMHO. ETF's will reflect the price action of silver. Silver's actual price is determined by two major factors. 1) It's price on the global market & 2) the real supply and demand factors in all its markets from investments thru jewelry and its industrial uses.

For us, the investors, not the real users, we must ride along with the vagaries of the price just as with any investment.

Now, when we are really concerned, is when we are looking for a two minute day trade, or a long term position.

Really, most of us just want to see a profit, and are not hedging our retirement or depending on Ag to 'see us through' bad times.
    So, where do we go from here other than the standard report of most writers, brokers, and soothsayers of all ilk?

I could say, "up and down" in so many words which is really what you get from most pundits.

Sellers say up, buyers say down, and so it goes.
    I am a silver (Ag) bug, but can be swayed by a bear market, and sell out all my Ag and buy something else.

Let my mouth be led by my money. What am I doing. I have been, for some time now, as Ag drops, a buyer of silver American eagles, when I can get them at anything under the spot price, [just to make me feel good]. For a long time now, no matter what price I buy at, the next day or so, seems cheaper, so I buy some more.

Last week, I sent off ALL my scrap silver (bars, mine rounds, anything I had left which could be 'sold off' and I got spot for it, and it was just under 22 Lbs.

Now I still have silver eagles, those you can't have.

I am trading them off for some very rare, marketable and desirable numismatics, which if you have a way to check, have been rising in price IF you buy the high end, rare, low population coins.

If you don't understand that market, fine, buy the silver eagles and unload all scrap silver at this level. I am convinced, as it appears is the market, that silver has seen its lows.

Now I'm just a washed up old flotsam laying on the beach in the hot sun too long in from the sea, but from what these ole sun-baked eyes can see, and my raisin brain can decipher, we have seen the lows in silver, and perhaps gold and the other two Pd and Pt.

Volume seems to have dried up and that may mean less interest in, or the feel for the need of the PM's (Precious Metals) but there is one fact that continues to get my attention, and that is the appearance that the PM's can't/won't go lower from here.

Chart patterns suggest a breakout either way. Since April gold has formed a strong technical pattern which is the 'coiled spring'. There is not a hint of which way it will go EXCEPT for the levels it is at, keeps being the lows. Just can't seem to get weaker in here.

There is always sellers lurking in the wings to break even, as an item gets legs and people are so relieved to break even, they give up the rise in the works. This I believe with all my knowledge and experience is what is about to take place.

Figure on this: The more things look different, the more they are the same. There is no real change in the forces which price the PM's. Fundamentally, the drivers are still very strong, and with current monetary policies in Washington, D. C. and at our lovely FED, nothing has really changed or appears will change. For sure the inflationary drivers are getting stronger.

Do some percentages of products you buy. If you think inflation is not at work, you are in deep doo doo with your investigations and you better go ask a housewife who buys for a family.

Netflix just raised it another dollar. Started out at $7, then you had to pay double to get both in home and mail, then up a dollar each, and last week, I got notice of another dollar raise. THAT my friend is inflation. Went to Denny's and the Country Fried Steak is so thin it only has one side. There is a two for $5 special at BK on a fish sandwich, and it also is half its size and tastes like salted wall paper paste. Usta get more food for less money.
    Am I the only one to notice how retailers are making products smaller, boxes it comes in remains the same, and a small increase in price. It all adds up to more than a 10% price rise. What do you call that? Long ago I stopped calling it inflation because the NGM's (nice government men) say inflation is under control. I call it; "The New Economy".

If the cause remains, the outcome remains. Inflation is the real monster, not the disappearance of the US$. That is not gonna happen. Sure, the dollar will go down, but less than other main currencies, and the dollar index will still look 'okay'. But, it still buys less, and again, (am I boring you?) that's inflation.

Relying on the dollar index to soothe your nerves won't stop prices rising in the store. Crude oil has peaked long ago, but fuel prices still creep up. They know just how much we can tolerate and stop it there.

Stocks appear to be making a broader top, and whether it is consolidation or the top adds to the confusion.

I guess everything is 'in irons' and quite becalmed. Not a nice situation for the sailor or investor. We just have to wait for the wind to come; and come it shall. It always does. I say a storm is coming, gathering strength just beyond the horizon, and it is gonna be a whopper.

I constantly warn you that the 'recovery' from the last recession, this time has been force fed, and the feeding continues. It must and will stop, and the flood gates will open.

Investors are like alcoholics, we ignore reality until it is far too late. One day, the market is gonna show up drunk, and then will be the day of the PM's.

One of the reasons the market is kind of 'topping', is because there is an innate knowledge, like it has been pressed into our DNA that this fake recovery is not good, but we can't stop drinking the cool aid. When this cool aid is withheld, Katy bar the door. We are like a house of cards in a domed stadium with a fellow with a six horsepower leaf blower at each door. If one of them gets in.....

I believe there is a lot of artificial props under most markets. There is one thing the alchemists have not been able to do, and that is change lead into gold. There is just so much gold and silver around, and when its time comes you won't believe it. You have seen the power of buyers, shoving PM's up twice now but this time will be epic. It will not be due to a little inflation, or a little war, or anything but the reality of major financial problems sorting themselves out.

The war lords of the world are chomping at the bit. Putin has gone mad. There are people still trading people. There is so much hate out there between religious folk, the cauldron just has to boil over and when it does, it is gas going into the fire under the pot, not water.

I would think, that if you don't have some precious metals in your basement by now, you MUST be thinking it is awful close to needing some.

I know some very conservative folks, and they have begun to dip their beak into this odd market. Strangely enough, it is the only money, and most people are afraid of it. Man, how we eat the pabulum and drink the cool aid.

Just the price action of the metals should tell you something. Usually they move in tandem. This time,they are wallowing around, gold goes up a little, and silver drops the same day, then reverses itself. Still hovering near the lows, I say BUY NOW, avoid the June rush.

I think the summary above, simply, is a 'today show', and not important in the overall drivers for PM needs and pricing.
    The charts above are fine and correct, but they only show a window with raindrops. You see a wet window and think you have beheld the storm. Let me tell you, there is just a hint on those 'windows' above. The real storm is out there.
    I think you can buy PM's VERY safely in here, and just wait. I am, as I said, seeing enough time ahead to buy numismatics, hold a bit, and sell at a profit and THEN open a American Silver Eagle Mine. IF I can get them then.

Capt. Brian
    The Lost Navigator
    May 12, 2014. 12:16 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Financial sector ETFs under pressure thanks to BofA [View news story]
    Buying opp. Geezo, is this hard?
    Capt. Brian
    The Lost Navigator
    Apr 29, 2014. 03:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Listen, Silver: We Need To Talk [View article]
    If China does have thousands of tonnes & I suspect from lots of input off the grid of folks selling gold and related items, that China has around 3000 tonnes, USA has about 8000 and so on.
    I do not think any country wants their stash to degrade in value, ergo I feel your estimate is correct. I also believe the short term aberrations should be ignored, and long term trends relied upon. Of course all trends change, end or go flat. "Every rope has an end", It has been said.

I think inflation is a real worry, but we have to deal with the US$ being the reserve currency, and I feel that before another currency takes its place we will see a global currency first. And THAT is not likely for the foreseeable future. (IMHO)

I look at the long term trendline of Au and Ag rising in price, and until that trendline is broken, I will remain in the bull camp. Because it is so close to that trendline, I am extremely wary and fearful that it could be broken for more than one reason.

1) If it is controlled, (the price) then they big guys want to shake out all weak hands before a major rise.
    2) Deflation is a real threat, and due to poor global economy and employment, it will be a problem for the world as it is for Japan, then the PM's will see further weakness and how low is anyone's guess.
    3)The reality of even with Obama's fouling up America, he is not able to derail demand of our products here and at abroad, and simple demand for our 'toys' is keeping things on track economically. And if his stupidity is allowed to continue, then we may see the collapse of the US$ over time and the bull trend in PMs will simply continue as we see the gentle rise in force presently.

My visible use of Brangelo, his mutual funds and the market to provide me with income enough to fund my retirement along with SS is proof of my bottom line thinking. Further proof is my investigation into selling my extensive coin collection and trading in for silver eagles is also proof that I am convinced I am right about the non-explosive rise in PMs, nor that the collapse of the US$ is imminent.

If I had to do all the investing myself, I would be heavily in S&P ETF's. Heavy in The Dow stocks, perhaps the ETF also.

Due to the extreme 'handling' of the oil and gas market, PM prices, I would not get more PM ETF's nor physical inventory at this time. I have around 1200 oz of Ag, and have sold all physical, but am keeping the last 1200 oz. I feel, at this time, buying the 90% bags makes more sense than eagles. As everyone knows, even shopkeepers they are 90% Ag, and will be more acceptable than any other 'money' in a time of terrible inflation, civil unrest and so on.

I have stopped buying eagles, and am keeping and buying the 90% dimes, quarters, and halves.

I have limited cash to buy more numismatics, and need that for vacations this year, so I am continuing to unload my sub MS and PF 70 coins for very rare, or 70 grades, for certain rarities. Common dates, and high population coins are not in my liking. Although, there are some varieties that are very desirable and need to be watched for at shows and yard sales.

Conclusion: The US dollar is hear to stay for the foreseeable future. PM's are a good long term investment. Stay with the stock market, unless you see real interest rates begin to rise. Take profits along the way, and get out of the market from time to time, just to give your mind a rest. Being 'all in' can ruin your digestion.

Have fun.

If you are sick and tired of trying to figure it out, let me know and I will show you how my money manager is doing so well for me.
    Apr 29, 2014. 02:24 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bells ringing for Treasurys? Apple files to sell debt [View news story]
    It appears interest rates, in the real world are rising a bit. I don't know if that is a precursor to higher FED rates or Prime but I would begin to prepare for higher rates and the results thereof;
    Such as: Present bonds and interest bearing notes dropping in price.
    US$ rising in value in the dollar index, causing difficulty in exports and making imports easier.
    Foreign Travel may increase. Precious metals may fall further. Business in general could begin to lag a bit, and if fuel prices go up along with %'s, then a return to recessionary times could begin.
    I for one, can't see how the FED or government agencies can raise rates, but there it is.
    I would be fairly protective of profits in here, and take profits along the way, sit on the side for a month or so until you start getting that warm feeling again.
    Just a word of caution.
    Start buying silver eagles as the price drops. Don't pay more than $3 over spot price.
    Capt. Brian
    The Lost Navigator
    Apr 29, 2014. 10:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Shifting To Mobile [View article]
    Looking at the charts, and the selling of a few shares by an insider is NOT reason to dump a stock. Sometimes insiders buy a Bentley, or a new house or or or.
    FB charts are amazing and if you want to make money, ride a rising stock, NOT a falling one. Look at the charts and see who is upping and who is downing. I am not buying more as my MM's are handling it. but I would if I was doing it and absolutely reco FB.
    Capt. Brian
    The Lost Navigator
    Apr 28, 2014. 10:45 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Shifting To Mobile [View article]
    Great, a buying opportunity.
    Apr 28, 2014. 10:43 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America: A Major Buying Opportunity Presents Itself [View article]
    The thieves are active, but so is the BAC.The bank is beyond is troubles, buying opportunity is here again.Capt. BrianThe Lost Navigator
    Apr 25, 2014. 02:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment