Brian Bobbitt

View Brian Bobbitt's Comments BY TICKER:
  • The FOMC Keeps SLV Alive [View article]
    My worry(s) is/are 1) Interest rates MUST stay down, period! 2) Bond market and mortgage market is still in tatters. 3) The global recovery is also shaky [at best]. 4) The European market is also walking a tightrope. Just because the E-zone fat cats have decided to ignore their own laws and 'print' money like we are doin', it makes it all okay. (if you like smoke and mirrors){for me I prefer a dog and pony show}/
    5) The political situation gets darker as each day passes. Putin is being backed into a corner from the Airline he shot down, to the war and suffering he is causing / allowing. He could stop it in a moment. He likes it and I'm afraid he has gone daft like Hitler.
    6) There are sources of PM's (precious metals) which are below the high end producer prices.
    7) Obama continues to lead us down the cherry path to some sort of doom from within. Washington said it best; "The seeds of the destruction of a republic are sown from within." or something like that.

I could fix it, but who'd vote for an old beached sea capt.....?

I suppose if I dug, I could find more reason for static prices on the PM's but I want to get back to more important matters, The Rangers are ahead 5 to something....

The Lost Navigator
    Mar 22, 2015. 09:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bottom-fishers buy the USO [View news story]
    Yesbut.. overall rig counts are dropping. reasons are simple.

The oily navigator
    Mar 22, 2015. 06:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bottom-fishers buy the USO [View news story]
    I think oil may not have seen the bottom, but be sure you check your break even point. Buying time is no where near as good as selling it.

Buy USO, write covered calls against it. I bet you'll find your net return is higher than hoping for lower oil, and you being able to exit at the right time.

Capt. Brian
    The Lost (and confused) Navigator.
    Mar 22, 2015. 06:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • It's As Clear As Mud [View article]
    GGG, gave you a like, BUT, couldn't I (if I were in charge) raise certain rates, ignoring those which would hurt me (the government)?

Capt Brian
    Looking through the fog
    Mar 21, 2015. 12:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • It's As Clear As Mud [View article]
    Your sign says it all Geo. LOL.
    Why do you think I call myself 'lost'?

Our government is totally confounding the entire world. No one seems to be in charge unless they can write up a huge bill in which no one can read by voting time.

What a neat way to steal from us.

I suppose one of these days all these crows are gonna come home to roost. I sure hope I can see it coming this time. I've sold all my Au and Ag to make time with Numismatics. Now when do I go back to PM's? Biggest financial question of my life.

Great article Geo. Keep 'em comin'.

Capt. Brian
    The lost, confused, unsure, unclear and perplexed Navigator.

I otto go work for some island airline huh?
    Mar 21, 2015. 12:54 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Comcast Stock Worth Considering Right Now? [View article]
    I have not looked at the stock, I get the service and its fine. The longer you look back in time, the better the stock looks.

Likely the uptrend will continue. Their service is good.

I would take a look if I wasn't all in now.

Buy it, take whatever it has to give and write calls.

The Lost Navigator
    Mar 20, 2015. 04:31 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bottom-fishers buy the USO [View news story]
    I think, perhaps, oil is not yet seen the bottom. Therefore, unless the company is well run such as FANG, FSLR, & SLCA, then perhaps you should exit oil related things for now. Short the price of oil, go long the good oil companies.

Look to hold and write covered calls on the spikes, and hold thru the down times.

Rarely is a good company a bad one to hold.

The Lost Navigator
    Mar 20, 2015. 03:45 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Alpha Natural Resources Fails To Attract Investors As Future Looks Bleak [View article]
    With this administration's hate for coal, and pipelines and so on, perhaps ANR may languish.

We need our coal. When will folks wake up to the problems we are allowing to ferment, and it is getting fetid.

The Lost Navigator
    Mar 20, 2015. 03:42 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Argonaut Gold Has Been Falling On No News, Shares Are Extremely Compelling [View article]
    If Obama has his way, like the way of other dictators, by gutting the military, you're gonna need all the gold you can get.
    Question is, now, not if we can handle another 2 years of this administration, but what about four more years of Hillary?

I for one, am beginning to take notice.

The Lost Navigator
    Mar 20, 2015. 03:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America: Best Buy Among Big Banks With Most Upside To Boot? [View article]
    I hate BAC but agree, its the best of the stock bank choices.

I recently changed my home equity line to a local bank, and don't use their credit card much anymore.

But again, wanna make some money, sail in their sea.

Heckers, at worst you can write covered calls and sail in calm water.

The Lost Navigator
    Mar 20, 2015. 01:16 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The FOMC Keeps SLV Alive [View article]
    Eventually, the FED, FOMC and brethren are going to propel the PM's to new highs and beyond. How they keep them down I have no clue, but I sure hope I'm ready when it hits.

For now,read my stock talks, for MF's and writing covered calls

The Lost Navigator
    Mar 19, 2015. 09:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Natixis: Sharp falls in oil mean better growth, higher rates, weaker euro [View news story]
    Apparently, AGG has a positive bias, positive trend in all areas... I would own it only to write covered calls, certainly not for a possibility of remarkable advance in equity or hope of meaningful dividends. therefore, I must agree on the neutral posture weighted towards slight advance.

The Lost Navigator
    Mar 17, 2015. 12:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Crude oil tumbles, ignoring OPEC's warning on U.S. oil boom [View news story]
    I just cited my claim to bearishness in the near term on the survey.

I said, "Due to oversupply, lower usage (demand) and more competent use of nrg, prices should not go up soon,most likely lower as investors seek greener fields.

Sell USO ( which means don't buy it ) short it, I would not.

The Lost Navigator
    Mar 16, 2015. 12:21 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time For A European Vacation [View article]
    If you are comparing anything to the E$, I would think lower. There will come a time now, soon possibly where those bottoms may be seen, and it will be time to short the greenback. But for now, follow the trend.

I was planning an African Safari this year, and soon a trip to scour all the WWII sites. so maybe I better call a TA sooner than later.

In any case, the strong dollar can be harmful to US stocks, so that is a good excuse to be wary there also.

For me, I'm being careful, beginning to pile up cash for bargains should DOW have a nice sell-off.

The Lost Navigator
    Mar 15, 2015. 12:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Euro backs off 12-year lows [View news story]
    Precisely what me and mine are discussing now. the E$ problems are far from over. Then its our turn.
    The Lost Navigator