Brian Bobbitt

View Brian Bobbitt's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Treasurys and gold slump as equities rebound [View news story]
    Gold is at a real price. The US$ is still the reserve currency. Gold will continue on its merry way, of up and down, [more up than down] until the dollar unravels, [not too likely] or when we start trading oil in some other currency.

The doomsayers, have a joint chorus singing the end of the dollar, and to put your money overseas and in foreign real estate, and silver and gold bars.
    Yes, we have been printing a great number of dollars. Yes, we have a great debt. But, debt is good in this case. Most don't understand it.
    Our economy is vibrant, and we are the grocery store to the world. Most innovations come from here. Oil is cheaper here than most developed countries. Hell, it's dear in BC and in Norway, gasoline/diesel was seven bucks a gallon 20 years ago.In Egypt, last I was there it was .27 a gallon.
    Gold has spiked a coupla' times due to irrational exuberance [love that phrase] and as usual it sits down where it belongs at the table. Not at the head of the table, but in the middle where it belongs.
    Gold will continue to knee jerk when things look better or worse, so when it takes a hit, take a spoonful, and then hold till it does it again and again.
    Just sit back and remember, our government will do all it can to do it wrong, until we are at the brink then due to circumstances beyond its control do what is needed and right.
    Relax, I'm gonna go bay at the moon as it comes up over the ocean.
    Capt. BrianThe Lost Navigator
    Mar 4 07:06 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Ukraine's Market Disruption Seen In Leveraged Long ETFs By Market Makers [View article]
    If you were Putin, or one of his cronies, would you be apt to short the market today, position troops on the border en masse' the next day, then sell the shorts after the market was trashed, then go long and then announce, 'our war games are over' and send all troops back to their collective bases, as if nothing was different?

In other words, if I came to you and said, "today you have control of the markets, and with a sentence, the markets would drop [or go up], would you do it?

Would a power, position and wealth mad dictator take the bait?

Mar 4 05:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Becoming The World's Connection Company [View article]
    If all of you are wary, and hiding behind the eight-ball of the tech bubble, real estate bubble and so on and so forth, then buy FB on the dips, watch the volume and short it when signs look like a correction is at hand. For the most part, I say buy FB, sell call options to make a bit more, and you will be a major winner.
    To ignore the reality of how the world is flocking to this portal which makes them(the great crowds of unwashed) have a presence, not just a paper hanger, brick layer, salesperson and so on makes you behind the eight ball not responding to what makes people happy.
    I said it before and will restate it: ANYTHING that makes people happy and get a feeling that feeds their ego, will prosper for a time.
    I'm buying.
    Mar 4 04:29 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook reportedly in talks to buy solar-powered drone maker [View news story]
    Would you plant a tree and stop it from fruiting to the maximum? Go FB. I'm buyin' more.
    Mar 4 09:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Citi warns on silver [View news story]
    Always silver demand is fairly steady, industrially speaking, of course in the middle of a depression, or serious recession, it may fall off. But, mainly we use silver and love to buy it.
    I wouldn't give much weight to anyone saying silver is not fun anymore.
    I made a comment about Morgan fooling with the trades, and I say, 'ditto' here.
    Mar 3 04:53 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Treasurys gain after home price numbers [View news story]
    Has anyone noticed the weather across most of the country? Do you suppose it may have something to do with a drop in housing starts? Do you suppose it may get kick-started again when weather begins to moderate? After the 'Gore Effect' goes away, our weather, as usual, will change.
    Geezo, why do you make it so hard? [You, being everyone out there.]
    The Lost Navigator
    JPMorgan is cutting mtg people because more and more people are being replace by computers. All industry is cutting jobs, or haven't you noticed? There are jobs being lost which will never come back. Remember the coalman on the trains. The unions bought them a few years of sitting in the cab whittling, but now there are none. This is called progress. Progress does not discriminate, if you're in the way, you're OUT!
    Feb 25 10:56 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Allstate Preferred - Are You In Good Hands [View article]
    All the facts and advertising and rhetoric considered. I, for over 40 years have had the same insurance agency, through and into the third owner of an independent agency.
    I, many times, have queried them regarding the ads we see on TV and so on about my rates.
    Every time, the answer is the same. I pay them to find the best rate for my applications, which, over the years find myself paying sometimes over $30,000 a year in various insurance premiums.
    The ones he cannot beat are the annuities and Long Term Care insurance I have with "Brangelo".
    All of the rest, home, business, boat, auto and so on and so forth cannot be beaten by the gecko, the general, the tow-truck on the interstate, ertc. So far, through scratches in fenders, hurricanes ravaging my boat and business, tornadoes and trees on my roof, they are so far ahead it is not even funny.(I have paid in far more than I have received) Not to mention health insurance, which had they asked me if I was a vet I would have saved over $100,000 in premiums, but stupid me did not know I was covered for health with the VA. NO ONE TOLD ME! I had to find it out myself.Finally, my agent, when I asked about health insurance said, "Aren't you a vet?" that day my my health insurance went to the VA and no more premiums. I pay a small co-pay.
    Man, can you imagine what I could accomplish if I were smart?!?Every industry, profession, service, governmental agency, newspaper, coin dealer and so on have been absolute one way streets. Sometimes I wonder how we survive without a shootout at every corner when people find how they are being duped. These are crimes against man I say, and in my kingdom, they would not be allowed.Find a good independent, and forget the TV.
    Feb 24 03:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Morgan skeptical of gold move [View news story]
    I say, Morgan is taking the other side of the trade. If I were president,[of the USA] I would assure the public that when a major bank announces something is going to move in a particular direction, that its portfolio be disclosed before making an announcement, or within a certain time window. ANY shenanigans would be met with horrific fines and perhaps loss of business license, just like what would happen to me if I traded on inside info.
    I for one am getting real tired of the tail wagging the dog.
    (Wish I could swear on line, then you would see how I am sugar coating my true feelings.)We need our big banks, we do NOT need big crooks!
    Feb 24 01:49 PM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • WhatsApp Quietly Announces Biggest Move Yet [View article]
    Okay, now who is next to tell us how bad these social medias are? I, for one, will continue to say that when you build something to make the general public feel good, you cannot be a loser.
    Get some or wish you had.
    Feb 24 12:06 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • WSJ: Bakken shale oil carries high combustion risk [View news story]
    If the shale oil does pose a risk of explosions, then fine. A new industry of discovering how to transport it, and use it efficiently, will produce methods of handling it. A need for more jobs is born.Not all new energy sources will be as easy as digging out a lump of coal or a bucket of nice safe oil and throwing it in the fire.This is called progress gentlemen and ladies. Welcome problems, they keep us thinking.That's why I like being married. I keep finding new excuses to head for the coffee shop on Saturday morning. (Known in some circles as 'chore day'.)Capt. BrianThe Lost Navigator
    Feb 24 10:48 AM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What It REALLY Costs To Mine Gold: The Agnico-Eagle 4th Quarter Edition [View article]
    This article proposes that gold and silver are near its producer price. If so, then why not suspect it to bubble a bit to the upside.
    Methinks the answer is different altogether.
    Methinks the rise in gold is in confluence with the inflation rate and the dropping of the buying power of the US$. (our currency) Gold is already at all time highs in every other currency.
    Now as all currencies lose purchasing power, gold will continue to rise in all of those losing ground.
    I say, the US$ will remain the reserve currency, inflation will be the word of the day, and gold will rise accordingly.
    Lastly, looking at all charts except extremely short term ones, I say, gold is rising and will continue to do so due to our combined economies of the world, and NGM's meddling.
    Feb 22 04:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook buying WhatsApp [View news story]
    What I am not seeing here in the comments is the fact that FB is VERY successful to be able to handle these things.
    I always like to buy a stock moving up, and with the increase in 'ridership', this ship is gonna do well.
    I say, buy all you like.
    My managers are doing just fine, so I am not gonna say anything, but I will suggest you get Candy Crush NOW before it gets listed.
    I can tell you, there are one hell of a lot of gamers out there, and it is spreading like a virus globally.
    Feb 19 10:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Margin Debt Indicator - Busting The Myth Of An Overleveraged America [View article]
    Well, the first two comments are clearly at odds. So, what else is new?
    My take is that margin is increasing. I am preparing to take advantage of a little leverage with a futures contract on silver.
    The difference in my way of investing and others is, I intend to take delivery of my silver if the price drops. Not take a loss and write it off against gains if any.
    My take on leverage is to NEVER take on more than you can pay off at the end of the day IN CASH!
    To stick your neck out financially these days, for most, is akin to sawing off a limb with you on the away side of the saw from the trunk.
    Don't paint yourself into a corner. Use what I have called for years, 'appropriate risk'.
    The correction may come, but with so many afraid of another protracted and deep bear market, I feel most investors, both professional and lay are taking profits along the way.
    I approach the market with a simple plan of when losses come, cut them, and when profits come, take a portion of them and put in no risk enterprises such as annuities or utilities of well worn good stuff, like Montana Power, or Southern Company.
    Learn to take some of your profits and put them in the 'squirrel's nest', and don't touch them.
    10% of everything that passes through your hands, wages, tips, profits, tax returns, and so on, should go into a special account with NO RISK whatsoever. Do that until you can't earn any more and you won't have to.
    Feb 18 01:26 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Will The Gold And Silver Surge Continue? [View article]
    Trust me, they don't have anywhere near that in bar storage in a vault controlled by the Chinese Government. I cannot even begin to judge how much the populace has. When I was there, only the very rich sported gold.
    In Tibet, (now a large part of China), the women wear their silver in huge belt buckles. It is their savings, not for show.
    But 18,000 tons is a lot and with the US supposed to be the leader with 8000 tons, I am not sure where folks get these figures.
    I would not trust anything these days.
    If you don't have some gold and silver at this time, you cannot say you were not warned.
    It matters little how much the USA has. or Germany or Indo/China. What matters is how much YOU have.
    What do you get? You buy spendable, tradable small denoms. $5 and $10 dollar gold pieces, [BTW, FYI that is 1/10th ounce and 1/4 ounce gold coins. Gold eagles. USA gold. They are, .999 fine gold. And silver eagles. The one dollar .999 fine eagles.
    In my article a while back is a picture of one.
    I also must point out, you are not amassing PM's for the profit you may make or not with their price movements. You are hedging against rising prices. INFLATION!
    And don't worry, inflation is not coming, it is here now.
    So be advised.
    You are not hedging against the collapse of our money, or our system or even our Country. You are planning for higher prices. Forget the doom and gloom artists. It is nonsense.
    The amount of trade we are doing, the food we are selling will keep us robust and the currency to have. (Reserve Currency)
    When oil is no longer traded in dollars, then we may have trouble. Until then, relax and just worry about higher prices at the pump and store.
    Feb 18 10:54 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ECB "seriously" considering negative rate [View news story]
    Negative interest rates, my, my; what will they think of next. Have you ever seen such shenanigans? These governments have dug them so deep into a hole with their spending they have to invent new ways to convince us it is okay.

Dorothy would simply say, "Oh my!"

Hey Fred! I gots an idea! Now how about I raise (meant to write 'lower' but lowering rates below zero, my fingers automatically typed 'raise') lower my interest rates to below zero so you will not do business with me.

Sure, that's it, I can make enough with overdraft fines and fake charges on the bottom of everyone's bills so make ends meet.

So, everyone just ignore the facts as to why I have to offer negative rates, and praise me for being innovative.

Thomas Jefferson said, "There are two ways to defeat a country, one is by arms, and the other by ruining its money." Or something similar.

AND Abe Lincoln said. "I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts."
    Was he talking about our lying and selective media?
    I know Will Rogers did not trust the newspapers.

Does anyone out there get it at all, even a little bit? Things are not happy in Willoughby.

May I excuse myself, I need to go buy some Au and Ag.

Feb 17 03:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment