Brian Gorban

View Brian Gorban's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Getting Paid To Wait Through Dividends And Lucrative Covered Calls Mortgage REITs [View article]
    great point Radicall, thank you for sharing!
    Sep 12, 2011. 12:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Some Market Hedges To Always Consider For A Well-Balanced Portfolio [View article]
    Great points riffdex, very nicely put. I think it's also safe to say, that it's unlikely for people to hold during this whole time-frame as well since numerous studies show that people cash out at the bottom unfortunately...I definitely agree this is a rather short time-frame, but just trying to put some of the recent market actions into perspective.
    Sep 11, 2011. 04:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Berkshire Hathaway Is The Real Winner In The Bank Of America Deal [View article]
    You would think it's obvious enough, but then most analysts, including Dick Bove, thought it was a smart move by bac and thought i'd clarify

Please recommend my article through the button next to my pic if like the article and/or like my facebook page: facebook.com/bgorban1
    Sep 11, 2011. 01:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Very, very nicely said Daniel! The concepts of options and regarding ETFs with contango, especially, I see can confuse people greatly, and I 100% Agree with you as over time these are trend lower due to frictional costs, expense fees, and the effects of contango. Great hedging strategy regarding AA and getting paid to hold it as well.

If you find my article worthwhile, please recommend it on the button right next to my picture so it can be shared to others. Appreciate it! Also, can follow me on facebook, www.facebook.com/bgorban1
    Sep 10, 2011. 10:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    nicely done radicall and glad you've been successful doing so!..I think the market has already seen that these have been beaten way down and now they're trading at such massive yields where even in the unlikely case they get cut in half, they still have yields far more than pretty much the whole market.
    Sep 9, 2011. 10:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    haha, by the way, thank you the compliment, your hair is looking nice as well!...I like your Adobe and Kroger articles by the way, some great points and analysis! I'm happy to be your first follower and recommendation on your articles :)
    Sep 9, 2011. 08:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment

NIcely said Searcher!

Sep 9, 2011. 07:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Read my reply above Lingng ;)

Sep 9, 2011. 06:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi Lingng, with the gold to silver ratio currently at 45 when it's historically be around 17, one has to think that silver has much more upside (or gold to really crash back down to ~$700 which I find unlikely) in order to reach that mean..If had to pick one, I'd pick silver, but since we don't, a 75% silver, 25% gold works for me.
    Sep 9, 2011. 06:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment

Glad you liked it Big Easy.

Sep 9, 2011. 06:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    No, NLY didn't get called away.

Also, for everybody, if you find my article worthwhile, please recommend it on the button right next to my picture so it can be shared to others. Appreciate it!
    Sep 9, 2011. 06:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Great points Indy about the various risks, especially pre-payment. However, I think those are a little over-blown as I'm sure you know somebody even with pristine credit is having little luck getting their loan refinanced. Moreover, rates have been pretty consistent now in the 4.5-5.5% range for almost 3 years, so the majority of people that would've benefited/able to have already done so. Great post again Indy!

Sep 9, 2011. 06:14 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    My mistake, I apologize after reading over that it'd be $1.30 in returns from dividends over 16.60, not adding again the $.90 call premium..I 100% agree with you and have to say my error. Thank you for pointing this out!
    Sep 9, 2011. 06:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yes Six Prime, must use these with caution as they move swiftly.
    Sep 9, 2011. 01:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 12 International Stocks Worth A Look [View article]
    You bring up some great points Fliu. Banks can be greatly leveraged where if one is 25 to1 then a 4% decline can essentially wipe them out. I just see that was an issue back in 2008 as that weeded out the horribly managed ones (WM, LEH, WB, etc.) and now central banks world-wide are committed to not have that happen again. Like you mention with NBG, that was insolvent, but the EU came to the rescue and now has had a big injection of equity, but is continuing it's decline under a $1 now as the headline risk and continued austerity measures of the Greek government cause some valid worries.

Yes, please always do your due diligence and use Seeking Alpha along with every other piece of news (CNBC, Bloomberg, etc.) as just a vehicle to gain some new ideas where the research STARTS not finished.
    Sep 9, 2011. 12:53 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment