Brian Miller

View Brian Miller's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Can Aurcana Go Big Time? [View article]
    Biz,

I do like and own AUN, not happy with price action yesterday. I am concerned about mgmt, but am in for the long haul based on an article written by Ivan Lo of Equedia weekly. He has an excellent track record and great insight. His article is a must read for all, especially those who have been burned. Go to http://www.equedia.com, archives and search on aun, article is from February. As far as I know, Ivan is still a believer. Newsletter is free, comes weekly on Sunday.

Hope they get Shafter production up.
    Aug 28 12:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Goldfield: No Longer A One Project Story [View article]
    clearly Geo missed the boat here. Imagine hiring all those subcontractors to finish the project on time, $3.7M of help, talk about poor project mgmt. So we all know they under bid the project to win it or they completely screwed up the budget or possibly did add ons w/o charging for it. It all equals poor management. So even if they win another large contract, whats to say they make money on it. Its better to pass on a job then to take a job just to breakeven or lose money. Lets see if they downsize the employees to the work load.
    Aug 15 12:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Hilltop Holdings - It's A Bank Holding Company, Not An Insurance Company [View article]
    That is good news, nothing better than a happy customer. I think there is easy money to be made prior to the dust settling, clearly HTH is no longer an insurance company. Well run banks should fetch at least 1.5 times BV, long term I'm looking for at least BV of 22, I'm sure after the F/S are presented, that BV will change. Thanks for the feedback.
    Mar 15 04:03 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold And Silver For Rough Weather: Buying Time [View article]
    Sufiy,

Can you share Sprott's view on MUX and TNR.v, I am a believer MUX, but whats up with TNR, other than its claim on Los Azules?

Thanks.
    Aug 26 11:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Goldfield: No Longer A One Project Story [View article]
    Its nice to see you back up your original analysis. Growing the core business shows stability, but not back filling a major project will impact total revenue growth. Do you have a total revenue projection/growth rate? Will revenues increase yr. over yr.? Same question on EPS. Do you have head count # to go along with revenues so we can get the average bill rate per head? Are they using subcontractors for new projects or hiring? Do you have a P&L breakdown between professional services and product? This is a head count business, I recall you saying the projects are fixed price, so head count #'s drive the business in my opinion.
    Apr 2 11:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Landec Corp.: Early Stage Growth Company [View article]
    earnings are due out March 26, if results are in line with the CEO projections, the stock should jump. I was just on Zacks website and their info is outdated. Based on my research, revenue and earnings should be accelerating.
    Mar 13 05:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Looking To The Starz [View article]
    I do not know how I could have typed in LSTZA or what that is, I will check another source on Comcast. Morningstar shows Comcast owning about 5.8M shares.
    Feb 27 05:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Looking To The Starz [View article]
    I agree, there is a lot of money chasing these shares from funds. Someone will buy them.
    Feb 27 01:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Looking To The Starz [View article]
    Jan 14, 2013 is the date of spinning off STRZA.
    Feb 27 03:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Looking To The Starz [View article]
    click on morningstar (embedded link), page down to equity ownership and click on institutions. This part is free.
    Feb 27 02:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Looking To The Starz [View article]
    They do have to restate their financial statements, Liberty Media reports on a calendar year, next quarterly reporting is March 30. Liberty Media's 2011 financial stmts were release Feb 23, 2012 and 2012 reporting is due out on Feb 27, 2013. The spin off occurred on 1/14/2013, so 2012 reporting may not reflect the restatement.
    Feb 26 03:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Looking To The Starz [View article]
    I incorrectly relied on finviz website, you are correct, these #s are pre-spin and should not be relied on. The BS showed cash of 1,179 and LT debt of 537, based on your input, BV is around $38/shr, cash is 0.
    Feb 26 12:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Investors Set To Enjoy Year-End Special Bonanza [View article]
    Hi Richard,

AROW just paid 2% stock dividend. They normally distribute stock in addition to their 4% dividend. They are a well run little known multi-bank holding company in Glens Falls, NY, rated # 11 nationally out of a 1,000 banks with assets less than $2 billion dollars by American Banker Magazine.

Brian