View Brian Nichols' Articles BY TICKER:
AAPL, ACAD, ACT, ACUR, ALU, ALXN, AMX, AMZN, ARNA, BABA, BBRY, BBY, BHI, BMY, BWEN, C, CAT, CHA, CHD, CHL, CLDX, COH, CONN, CRCM, CSCO, CTIC, CVS, DATA, DELL, DISH, DKS, DLHC, DLTR, DNDN, EBAY, ECOM, ENZ, F, FB, FDO, FINL, FIVE, FL, FOSL, FRO, FSLR, FURX, GALE, GES, GILD, GLW, GM, GOOG, GOOGL, GRPN, HAL, HIBB, HK, HNZ, IBM, IMUC, INHX, INO, JCP, JNJ, JVA, KING, KORS, KR, LBIO, LL, LLY, LULU, LVLT, MCD, MCK, MGM, MLNX, MNK, MSFT, NBS, NDLS, NFLX, NKE, NOK, OCZ, ONCS, ORCL, P, PCLN, PEIX, PFPT, QCOM, QIHU, QUNR, RAD, RAX, REGN, RF, RH, ROYL, RSH, S, SDRL, SFTBY, SIRI, SKX, SLXP, SNE, SNTS, SODA, SPPI, STX, T, THRX, TIF, TMUS, TSLA, TSRO, TTNP, TZOO, UA, VICL, VIPS, VOD, VSAT, VZ, WBA, WDAY, WDC, WFM, WMT, XPO, YELP, YHOO, YRCW, ZNGA, ZU
One Chart Shows Why Skechers Can Continue To Move Higher
- SKX at $60 is actually cheaper than it was at $34.
- SKX net income growth has far exceeded its stock price.
- Analyst expectations have consistently risen.
- SKX is a better investment opportunity than UA.
Is Amazon.com A Good Holiday Buy Now?
- By all accounts AMZN is performing well this holiday season, as expected.
- In assessing AMZN as an investment, the valuation of AWS must be considered.
- Is AMZN presenting a good investment opportunity or should investors stick with the likes of WMT and TGT?
4 Investment Ideas Following The Crash Of Oil Prices
- Two industries where investors can profit long term from current oil prices.
- What's the best way to hedge the unknowns of future oil prices?
- Are there any good buys in oil?
Seadrill: I Stand Corrected, So Now What?
- I was dead wrong about SDRL.
- While the news is surprising, did SDRL make a good decision by suspending the dividend?
- Is there more value than investors realize in the buybacks?
- Should investors buy now, wait, or avoid SDRL following its big news?
Why Oracle Should Buy Workday
- Oracle needs help in the cloud, specifically in SaaS.
- Oracle faces stiff competition from Workday in the future $70 billion HR management industry.
- While expensive, Workday would give ORCL more than a cloud service, but rather a growing ecosystem.
- If ORCL doesn't buy WDAY, there are other companies that might.
Why Qihoo 360 Shares Are Worth Far More Than $76
- Qihoo 360 trades at $75 a share, with a market capitalization of just $9 billion.
- WhatsApp was purchased for over $20 billion for its 600 million users; Qihoo's security user base is much larger.
- Baidu has a market capitalization over $85 billion, but Qihoo has consistently stolen market share and now has half Baidu's search share.
- Qihoo is now launching monetization tools for search, which should have a profound effect on the business.
- Given Qihoo's large user base in two different segments, combined with future monetization efforts, $75 is too cheap.
Why My Outlook On Rackspace Hosting Has Changed, Significantly!
- Why I have been one of the biggest bears on RAX the last year, even sparking a response from CEO Taylor Rhodes.
- Up until this point, I've been right entirely, but the company continues to prove that a niche market exists for its cloud business.
- While RAX will never replicate MSFT, AMZN, or GOOG's success in the cloud, large stock gains can still be created.
The Simple Way To Hedge Halliburton's Buyout Of Baker Hughes
- There are a lot of questions surrounding whether or not HAL will win regulatory approval to acquire BHI.
- If HAL does acquire BHI, what's the best investment?
- If the deal falls through, is there any investment value?
- Here's how I am hedging the many scenarios.
Should Investors Buy Foot Locker After Earnings Or Stay Away?
- FL fell after beating earnings expectations.
- Why did it trade lower?
- Is FL now a buying opportunity?
2 Retail Stocks Poised For A Holiday Pop
- This holiday season is expected to be far better than last year.
- 2 companies in particular present a rare combination of value and growth leading into the holiday season.
- Given this combination, large stock gains are more than likely.
3 Key Takeaways From Best Buy's Earnings You May Have Missed
- Best Buy had a solid third quarter, led by comparable sales growth of 2.2%.
- Besides top and bottom line performance, Best Buy provides very detailed analysis full of hints as to how it will perform this holiday season.
- The company also provides an unbiased outlook at how certain segments are performing, allowing to determine which companies may be a buy this holiday season.
Alibaba's Potential Game Changer Is Set To Launch
- Alibaba controls a large chunk of China's B2C market, meaning the company's future growth in China could be tied to the industry itself.
- Alibaba must pursue international growth aside from B2C.
- A recent report states that BABA is planning to launch an international version to its Taobao Marketplace, a potential game changer.
Why I'm Buying More Vipshop Holdings Stock After Q3 Earnings
- Despite being one of the best-performing stocks of the last two years, VIPS might still present a good investment opportunity.
- A look at VIPS Q3 earnings.
- China's online retail trends and market share leaders.
- VIPS opportunity to grow larger long term.
Seadrill, Linn Energy, And BP All Have One Thing In Common
- SDRL, LINE, and BP all operate in energy, but are very different companies.
- All have seen significant stock losses with the fall of oil prices.
- Aside from stock performance, there's one more thing these stocks share that investors will like.
Why 15% Of BlackBerry Is Worth The Entire Market Capitalization
- BBRY investors have seemingly focused on services and phones while neglecting fast-growing segments.
- This fast-growing segment will drive the future of BBRY, leading to Project Ion and the company's place in IoT.
- BBRY might be the most undervalued company in technology.
Why Celldex Therapeutics' Stock Is Now Ready For Takeoff
- CLDX's Rindopepimut data confirms a strong pipeline beyond CDX-011.
- The stock was oversold and beaten down stemming from CDX-1135's pilot study.
- The high volume on Monday combined with large stock gains suggests a long-term reversal in stock.
- The long-term potential gains in CLDX based on Rindopepimut and CDX-011's peak sales is enormous.
Apple, IBM, Cisco, Oracle Or Microsoft: Which Tech Giant Has The Most 'Effective' Buyback Program?
- AAPL has the largest buyback program in world, but is it the most effective?
- Which tech giant's buybacks are the largest percentage of stock gains?
- The most effective buyback program is not your first, or likely second, choice. The outcome is quite surprising.
Fossil Investors Are Forgetting This Looming Threat
- Fossil's Q3 was solid, its stock attractively valued, but investors must remember that Fossil is significantly lagging in the smart watch arena.
- Apple Watch is coming soon, therefore Fossil's performance today is hardly an indication of the future.
- Despite partnerships with Intel and Google, 3 other developers are already in line for Android Wear products, whereas Fossil is not.
Why Rite Aid Will Retest $9
- 2 years left in patent cliff, which means higher margins for pharmacies.
- Generic introduction delays and supply chain problems are temporary; these problems forced RAD to lower EPS guidance.
- RAD is now a growing company.
- RAD is cheap relative to competitors.
Seadrill: You'd Have To Be Crazy To Sell This Stock
- SDRL risks are fully reflected in the stock.
- SDRL's rig utilization rate, minimal short-term debt obligations, and industry-best dividend are all reasons to buy.
- Oil is historically volatile, and will recover until a large scale alternative is found.
- Concerns of dividend risk are overstated, if not illogical given SDRL's recent history.
Why Alcatel-Lucent Investors Should Rest Easy About AT&T's CAPEX
- ALU fell harder than any large equipment vendor after AT&T's CAPEX guidance for 2015.
- ALU's operating focus lies in IP routing, IP switching, neither reflect areas where AT&T will see spending cuts.
- AT&T is becoming less important to ALU, as China takes center stage for ALU.
- 20% of ALU's business is worth more than its entire market capitalization.
Salix Pharmaceuticals: What Scares Me Most About Its High Inventory & Stock Collapse
- SLXP inventory on top products are 3x higher than targeted levels.
- The increase in Santarus product inventory is mindboggling in just three quarters time.
- Past revenue reporting is likely unreliable.
- Having to lower inventory combined with generic pressure leave a dire outlook on the stock.
XPO Logistics: Chapter 4 Begins With A Bang
- XPO Logistics is an aggressive growth company that's best viewed as a book, in multiple chapters.
- This next chapter moves beyond revenue growth and into profits.
- Why shares will eventually top $100.
Forget Nike & Under Armour, Why Skechers Is The Best Investment
- 2 charts show why SKX is a better investment than UA or NKE.
- SKX growth in several categories suggest longevity.
- NKE and UA are both too expensive.
Vipshop's Stock Might Be Better Than Alibaba
- BABA's market share upside is limited.
- BABA is too pricey given its market capitalization.
- Vipshop's growth prospects are better than Alibaba, and its valuation more attractive.
Facebook Investors Face This Big Under-The-Radar Risk
- Facebook's $200 billion market cap has been used to management's advantage since its IPO.
- Acquisitions like WhatsApp and Oculus have been achieved with mostly stock.
- FB's rising shares outstanding and history of stock generosity are all big risks facing current shareholders.
Western Digital Vs. Seagate Technology: The Key Takeaway From Earnings
- WDC has performed better than STX over last 16 months.
- In the past, STX drives were considered inferior to WDC in performance.
- Last quarter, STX unveiled data that might make it a better investment of the two stocks.
Let's Put Michael Kors' 'Disappointing' Quarter In Perspective
- A realistic analysis of KORS Q3 without Wall Street expectations.
- KORS valuation multiple is now cheaper than inferior companies like COH and RL.
- The reason that KORS stock has fallen, and its multiple has fallen.
4 Things To Like About Zulily Regardless Of Stock Price
- Analysis of Zulily's third quarter excluding stock price.
- 4 different areas of Zulily's Q3, many hidden, that investors should like.
- Is Zulily a good investment after such steep stock losses?
Why I'm Buying Restoration Hardware And Not Home Depot
- The home improvement market is tied to consumer spending, construction growth, and low interest rates, none of which are reliable moving forward.
- Luxury home improvement is not as tied to these factors for success.
- Home Depot's upside is limited.
- Restoration Hardware's growth plan could increase the size of the company threefold!
- In looking at both RH and HD's growth outlook and valuation, the best investment isn't even a contest.
Michael Kors Vs Coach: 1 Chart Says It All
- 1 chart perfectly explains the performance of both companies the last few years.
- A look at Michael Kors and Coach's valuation multiples compared to this chart shows a huge disconnect.
- This disconnect identifies a clear investment winner.
XPO Still Has Upside After 200% Run
- XPO Logistics has grown from a company with annual revenue of $177 million to a multi-billion dollar company in just three years.
- The stock has soared more than 200%, but still has more to go.
- There's another under-the-radar investment opportunity in the same space that should also soar higher.