Bryan Boulden

View Bryan Boulden's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Gilead: Slaying The Last Dragons Of Doubt? [View article]
    Thank you for your point of view as a physician... As I stated in the article, I think the one pill a day treatment option is a significantly better treatment than the Abbvie therapy currently under priority review. Thanks again for you input! Im curious, as a physician would you ever take cost into consideration when prescribing medication to your patients?
    Nov 3, 2014. 07:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead: Slaying The Last Dragons Of Doubt? [View article]
    Thank you for the links to the two letters...Two more pieces of evidence that those paying the upfront costs for HCV therapies are working to put downward pressure on pricing.
    Nov 3, 2014. 05:21 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead: Slaying The Last Dragons Of Doubt? [View article]
    Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt...I had to google it too :) It's a great acronym though so thanks to DoctorRx!
    Nov 3, 2014. 05:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead: Slaying The Last Dragons Of Doubt? [View article]
    Thanks for reading DoctoRx...As I said in the article, and I have argued in a previous article, I believe that Gilead's pricing of Sovaldi and now Harvoni are actually a discount to the overall cost savings they bring to the Healthcare system. My analysis of the long term sustainability of Harvoni pricing has more to do with the realization that pricing of this specific medication has garnered extraordinary backlash from very powerful players in the industry. As I stated in the article, there is no direct mechanism by which the government and private insurers can pressure Gilead, although steps like the Oregon Medicaid waiver should cause the issue to cross investor's RADAR screens for potential future law changes. It will be very interesting to see where Abbvie prices its regimen when it gains approval later this year or early next, for while I agree with you that a price war seems unlikely I could imagine a modest discount to Harvoni to negate the fundamental shortcomings (multiple pills and two treatments a day) of the Abbvie regimen as it currently was sent for approval. Again, I appreciate your comments! Thanks a lot!
    Nov 3, 2014. 03:18 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead: Sovaldi Pricing Ethically And Economically Justified [View article]
    Thanks Gibel1...I note the potential pricing pressure on Sovaldi from competitors, but I don't think any of the competitors are interested in starting a pricing war with Gilead.
    May 23, 2014. 12:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead lower on Sovaldi scripts data, pricing worries [View news story]
    This is precisely the sort of "noise" currently depressing $GILD price.
    May 23, 2014. 11:49 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead: Sovaldi Pricing Ethically And Economically Justified [View article]
    Thank you barry55...Those costs were not factored into my analysis in the article and are certainly important to consider when trying to determine the societal and total economic costs of Hep C treatment options. Thanks for reading!
    May 23, 2014. 11:20 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead: Sovaldi Pricing Ethically And Economically Justified [View article]
    A full course of Sovaldi in Egypt costs $900.

May 22, 2014. 10:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead: Sovaldi Pricing Ethically And Economically Justified [View article]
    Based on average 2015 earnings estimates I think a conservative price target is about $115 based on current valuations of forward earnings in the S&P 500. I think the market is still concerned over the pricing pressure and wants to see a repeat of Q1. Based on the anecdotal data being released about the strength of prescriptions and the infected population with Hep C, I think we will see a number of earnings revisions up over the next few quarters. There are so many catalysts for growth; the Sovaldi franchise (combo pill fast tracked for approval likely this fall) and other promising drugs in the pipeline that make me believe GILD is one of the best large cap growth stories in the S&P today. It's a top
    May 22, 2014. 05:10 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead: Sovaldi Pricing Ethically And Economically Justified [View article]
    Thanks Hoopono...I plan on continuing to contribute to seekingalpha...Thanks for reading!
    May 22, 2014. 04:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead: Sovaldi Pricing Ethically And Economically Justified [View article]
    I debated the liver transplant data, but I could not find good data on the percentage of liver transplants that go to Hep C patients...I found the long term care data to be more than supportive of Sovaldi pricing...But the costs of liver transplant absolutely is to be considered
    May 22, 2014. 04:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead: Sovaldi Pricing Ethically And Economically Justified [View article]
    Thank you Glenn...The potential for the relief of pain and suffering of millions of patients infected with Hepatitis C virus is too often over looked
    May 22, 2014. 04:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Disney's Market Premium Now 'Frozen' In Place [View article]
    It's a valid concern, but I still believe the company's future earnings growth is likely underestimated for the reasons I articulated in the article. Thanks for reading!
    May 21, 2014. 11:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Disney's Market Premium Now 'Frozen' In Place [View article]
    I completely agree hat_trick3...Your comments are an excellent summation of the article's main argument...Thanks for reading!
    May 21, 2014. 11:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Disney's Market Premium Now 'Frozen' In Place [View article]
    Thanks for reading and sharing your view.
    May 21, 2014. 11:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment