Bryan Gomez

View Bryan Gomez's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Rio Tinto And Turquoise Hill Hit By More Mongolian Demands [View article]
    Conjecture. Fundamental valuations are great, trading below project cost for months. Project cost to be approved by parliament? Where did that come from? These negative news only benefits RIO. Their loans to TRQ are convertible also.

This is just my opinion. After months of looking through the company on all side, at the end of the day, we do not know what the intentions of the major shareholders are. If I am majority shareholder of a company, i will do my best to create value for the company, unless I really want all of it.
    Aug 1 01:44 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Rio Tinto And Turquoise Hill Hit By More Mongolian Demands [View article]
    It looks like RIO is going to employ what they call amalgamation squeeze out of minorities. This will trigger in the next few days as I am quite sure that RIO has acquired more than 66% of TRQ.
    Jul 29 08:48 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Rio Tinto And Turquoise Hill Hit By More Mongolian Demands [View article]
    It is very obvious that RIO and GOM are putting together a show. RIO seems like it would like to take this TRQ private, of course at a very low cost.
    Jul 29 07:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rio Tinto And Turquoise Hill Hit By More Mongolian Demands [View article]
    What will trigger a takeover bid for TRQ? What is the threshold?
    Jul 29 09:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cree: Shining on the LED Lighting Market [View article]
    The concern regarding Cree's pricey stock is reasonable. But as always, growth stocks are for people that buy growth. We can enumerate a lot of past superstars that had always been considered expensive and yet continue to go up. Just allocate properly.
    Dec 2 02:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cree: Shining on the LED Lighting Market [View article]
    For the complete interview on cree,

www.stockinvestingcoac...
    Nov 29 08:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bullish Divergence in the Dollar [View article]
    Thanks for the concise answer. The chart you presented tells a lot of untold story.
    Anyway, the only thing going for the US is that because of a weak dollar, their products become competitive in a global market and this would eventually be positively incremental to their trade. Remember that its major index, the Dow, is comprised of approximately 40% earnings coming from operations overseas. I think the demand for US goods from overseas will never wane until those things can be bought and manufactured in their local markets. Money created lifts standards of living overseas. It seems that this is the path the US is taking. Their weakness in the dollar is buying them time.

I am not going to debate you on this but it seems that your stagflation thesis is well thought out. I would like a copy if you want a fresh look at your theory. The simplest solution that I think can bring them out of this burden and align the strength of their economy with the strength in their currency is only through innovation. Standards of living is close to being leveled, information democratized, and the US has to step up once again and create something that has never been created before. They have to set that noveau standard of living.
    Oct 22 09:03 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bullish Divergence in the Dollar [View article]
    Something happend in 2003 that established this inverse relationship. Is it the internet? Is it China? Is it global trade?
    Oct 22 12:31 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Looming 'Overboughtness' in the Markets [View article]
    A flash fire in a movie theatre; cash from the bomb shelter. What can I say. I am going to use them soon.
    Oct 19 11:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A123 Systems IPO Meets with Great Success [View article]
    Mark, this same comment I had with a litany of other stuff about how to trade or invest in young industries like this which were comparable to what used to be a young solar industry. Did not seem to be Seeking Alpha article material but mire instablogging material. For those who want to know how I do things, I moved to stockinvestingcoach.bl... Cars are close to becoming just "one of my gadgets". Since the ipod, you have to be a well designed gadget to be a successful consumer product. IMHO.
    Sep 24 04:02 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A123 Systems IPO Meets with Great Success [View article]
    We can analyze all we want about searching for the future winner of this young industry but the truth is, just the same as MJ said in his HOF speech, "you didn't find me, I just came along and happened" (sort of ). The leader will just happen. The market will choose whatever it wants. Place your bets on everything.
    Sep 24 01:15 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Growing HEV Markets Will Impact Battery Manufacturing Revenues [View article]
    Now that Volvo chose Ener1, how about that now? Should we include it in our list?

On Jun 15 10:39 AM John Petersen wrote:

> Isaac, the Frost & Sullivan slide presentation has a lot of data
    > on the newly emerging start-stop micro-hybrids and the limited boost
    > mild hybrids. The only one I can identify off the top of my head
    > that has announced plans is Volvo, but they haven't identified their
    > supplier. Right now it's primarily a European phenomenon because
    > their CO2 standards have been in place longer. But it's a virtual
    > certainty that the trend will rapidly migrate to the states. The
    > download link for the complete PDF is:
    > awbriefing.com/present...
    Sep 21 09:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lessons from a Market 'En Fuego' [View article]
    In my humble unsolicited opinion of this article, I honestly feel this is a confession of a fund manager who missed the big rally. Seems to me that this is an admission of being too scared and analytical when stocks were falling off a cliff and now what's next, be late to the party?

Sometimes, I think we are looking too much at the big picture and not focusing on buying businesses. The big picture seems to me has a hold on our emotions and it keeps us from doing what we are supposed to do at the right place at the right time.

Can I say "People are too focused on the very long term periods of time."?

Sep 17 12:49 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rebuilding Your Portfolio with Engineering Stocks [View article]
    Basically not buying back the stock for reinvesting reasons is pretty good for as long as their ROE is decent.

On Sep 10 10:13 AM Gravity404 wrote:

> FWLT is up today on an analyst comment. In the article he mentions
    > the reason for not buying back stock with their cash is they are
    > looking at acquisitions.
    > I would apprecaite any thoughts on potential targets. Anyone have
    > any ideas?
    > Im long on FWLT, JEC, MD and trade ABB and FLR.
    Sep 10 08:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment