Bryan Wagman

View Bryan Wagman's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Capitalizing On Cannabis: An Interview With Paul Rosenberg, CEO Of MCig [View article]
    Thanks for the response, Alan (and yes, it's going to be a good month!). I guess it's sort of tough (or even impossible) to predict what will happen here. Although conversion would not be favorable, I suppose it really doesn't make much of a difference. For me, this is quite a speculative investment that I plan on holding at least for a few years in hopes that the company can engage these profitable markets and start to see real and significant earnings. In the case that this thesis plays out, I'm happy getting in at low prices, regardless of it's $0.10 or $0.20.
    Jan 5, 2015. 03:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Although dated, this was a very insightful article. Thanks, Alan. I hold a small position in mCig (a good day today, I'm sure you saw the exciting product releases) and I was just wondering what you thought about the share dilution issue. The date where Rosenberg can convert his preferred shares is fast approaching, and I was just wondering if you had any comments on that or thoughts on when he will convert them. Thanks.
    Jan 5, 2015. 01:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Lindsay Corporation: Long Term Potential Paired With Short Term Struggles [View article]
    Thanks for the input, James. You raise a good point about the variation of purchasing power across geographical markets for Lindsay. I believe that, as of right now, this does not pose much of an issue. Farmers have built up balance sheets over the years and they can continue to invest in the necessary parts of their business, such as irrigation. On the other hand, if we see drops in currencies for Russia, Brazil, Argentina, etc. sustained over a long period of time, this risk could become much more serious (on a global level, of course, and not just for Lindsay).
    Jan 2, 2015. 01:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google's M&A Activity Is One Of The Company's Primary Value Drivers [View article]
    Thanks for the comment, Michael. I think that Google is in a position to capitalize off of both M&A and partnerships, but there are a few key things to consider when determining what route will be taken by the company. I think Google will continue to acquire much smaller, more specialized companies. This is because they have the cash to do it, and a large part of the strength of the companies coming together is really derived from the new resources that the acquired company will have at its hands thanks to Google. But I do think that we will see the company partnering with other very large companies in various industries. Wherever these companies are in need of search, Google has an opportunity to capitalize. Likewise, I think we could see partnerships pertaining to the collection of Big Data as the IoT movement starts to take shape.
    Dec 29, 2014. 12:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Quanta Services: Now Is The Time To Buy [View article]
    Thanks for the comment. I strongly agree, these are some good points.
    Dec 26, 2014. 08:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the comment, KWatanabe. Here's an interesting article on the concept of Moore's Law in technology by the way: http://bit.ly/1AY4gRr

And you're right, all of the resources Google has to offer are quite remarkable. The very best of the best work there, and are given the best financing as well. World class engineers, scientists, HR, business strategists, etc. all coming together to create game-changing products.
    Dec 23, 2014. 04:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Google is going to fail with a lot of their projects, just like they have in the past. But the times when they get it right and create a product that's used by hundreds of millions of people, no one is going to be calling them crazy. And I believe that Google, as expressed in the article, has made nice progress in entering a few tech markets that are on the brink of a potential breakout.
    Dec 23, 2014. 03:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I looked into this a bit and I agree, it's a nice move. Here's an article for anyone interested: http://reut.rs/1AY0wPR
    Dec 23, 2014. 03:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Quanta Services: Now Is The Time To Buy [View article]
    Thanks for the comment. This is not a bad strategy, as it is very possible the short term worries about oil could persist and create the slight dip you're looking for. But with no guarantees, I just thought I'd get in now. I think it will play out well either way.
    Dec 22, 2014. 04:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ag Growth International Cleared For Takeoff [View article]
    Alright this clears things up a bit, thanks!
    Dec 21, 2014. 07:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ag Growth International Cleared For Takeoff [View article]
    Fantastic article, Chris. I really like this company's prospects for the future, and the valuation is quite attractive. I just had two quick questions concerning some calculations regarding the acquisition. If you could just clarify how you got these numbers, that would be great: a) The $121 million in value added by the acquisition (is this just the purchase price of Westeel minus 11*Incremental EBITDA of $9 million?), and b) the share count of 14.1 million. Thanks!
    Dec 21, 2014. 05:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    As I stated in the article, Google Glass as an individual product has not experienced success. Nevertheless, the work that Google has done on Glass, from a technological standpoint, prepares them for when the wearables trend starts to grow later on down the road. I'm not saying that Glass is the reason to buy Google, but it is a sign of the company's willingness to take initiative in this nontraditional yet potentially profitable market.
    Dec 19, 2014. 12:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the comment. I agree with you concerning the Buy Now button. It's still in its early stages, but its definitely a significant opportunity.
    Dec 19, 2014. 11:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Caterpillar Isn't Anything More Than A Hold Here [View article]
    Thank you for the thoughtful comment. I agree with what you said about the debt-to-equity ratio, your depiction of that is definitely more meaningful to the company than mine. On the other hand, I don't think it is necessary to downplay the mining concerns. Although the segment is currently only 16% of CAT's revenue (and so further increases won't be too detrimental), you can't just ignore the fact that it has fallen from the 33% peak. The growth that we had seen from that segment over the last five years or so was definitely significant in the big picture. But now that the segment has fallen back down to 16% of sales, we see this is undoubtedly an area the company will have to build their way back to success in. Although the long term picture is not affected by the struggle (most would agree that Caterpillar will eventually get the segment back on track and maintain market leadership, as you stated in your other comment), a lot of people currently have different opinions of when that return to stability will finally come, which affects the valuation. If your investment horizon is longer than the amount of time you think it will take for the segment to return to its high-level performance (which mine is), this shouldn't pose a problem. But considering that there is no guarantee the mining segment will be repaired anytime soon, this might not be a good idea for an investor with a horizon shorter than a few years. Even if unjustified in a big-picture-valuation standpoint, we all know the type of hit a stock can take from a discouraging earnings report (i.e. a report that details further and/or sustained mining struggles). Overall, though, you do have a good point that for the true value investor, the time to invest is when the business is performing at a level that is less impressive than what you and others know the company is capable of.
    Nov 22, 2014. 11:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Caterpillar Isn't Anything More Than A Hold Here [View article]
    If a company has the balance sheet to do so, which CAT does, I don't see a problem with implementing a buyback program to supplement stockholder returns.
    Nov 22, 2014. 11:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment