Bryan Waters

View Bryan Waters' Comments BY TICKER:
  • A Major Factor Limiting Facebook's Growth Potential [View article]
    Agreed Chris. They are finally leveraging all the information they have on their user base. I assumed they were finally starting to figure this out when they first announced Open Graph and their Q2 earnings confirm that.

I've advertised on both Adwords and Facebook and have to say I can control my spend and better target my ads on Facebook's new product. Very nice!

They didn't create a derivative ad platform but rather have started realizing a social ad platform that really works!
    Aug 12, 2013. 08:50 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Major Factor Limiting Facebook's Growth Potential [View article]
    Increasing the CTR is what FB has not only been working on but rather succeeding at...what leads you to believe that the just announced Q2 results are not evidence of that?
    Aug 12, 2013. 01:54 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Acquire Users First, Monetize Later [View article]
    I have nothing intelligent to say to that... ;-)
    Aug 6, 2013. 08:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Acquire Users First, Monetize Later [View article]
    I agree...i'm assuming the stock is going to range between 38-40 for a bit though...maybe till Q3 earnings depending on news. Q3 will determine what happens then but i'm betting on more good news!
    Aug 5, 2013. 02:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Acquire Users First, Monetize Later [View article]
    On the other hand...its at $39 this morning...maybe we've completely turned the corner and are looking for upside in a market where thats hard to find...
    Aug 5, 2013. 10:30 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Acquire Users First, Monetize Later [View article]
    Two things...lack of supporting revenue and lack of faith. This is a story stock...you have to buy into the narrative and like the plot. If you dont like it, don't buy...if you do, then you are buying a valuation for next year or the year after...not next quarter.

Take a look at NTFLX...companies like FB and NTFLX have the ability to change the way we live our lives. The stock price for these companies is a measure of how much we believe that.
    Aug 5, 2013. 09:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Acquire Users First, Monetize Later [View article]
    While I don't disagree with the price points at some point, thats too agressive for this market...investors are going to make FB earn its current price level first.
    Aug 5, 2013. 09:04 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Acquire Users First, Monetize Later [View article]
    I'll take a shot at it...give me a day and i'll post my predictions here.
    Aug 5, 2013. 09:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Acquire Users First, Monetize Later [View article]
    The problem always has been targeting. Ads must be visible to people who want to see them...open graph is a massive step in this direction. FB always had more information on its audience than other sites and they are finally starting to leverage that in its advertising...so yes, advertisers would be better using FB now they have targeting figured out.
    Aug 4, 2013. 08:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Acquire Users First, Monetize Later [View article]
    Thank you...no, no news on that...but i'll keep on the lookout...
    Aug 4, 2013. 08:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Acquire Users First, Monetize Later [View article]
    Q3 should show some improvement over Q2...but the $38 level is a tough psychological level...i'm guessing it will stay here for a bit but I don't know how to factor the poor economic conditions in...I am also assuming that the the jump was helped by the other earnings misses in tech.
    Aug 4, 2013. 08:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Play A Recovery In Apple? The Same Way One Profited Off The Boom [View article]
    Do watch out for the fall product announcments. I don't expect that to go over well with the market.
    Jul 19, 2013. 11:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple App Store Vs. Google Play [View article]
    Slicing and dicing the revenue to make a point comparison was not really the point. The overall point was momentum, direction and each companies ability to sustain and grow current levels.

That being said, the fact that Apple reports revenue on a gross basis does make a substantial difference in Googles favor.
    May 24, 2013. 09:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google Vs. Apple: Spring Of Hope, Winter Of Despair [View article]
    I see. I'd better not tell what sports teams I like then...that might further destroy my credability.

I'm fairly comfortable with the idea that Google wasn't considering either Spotify or Pandora. But that doesn't change the fact that they will become casualties of the initiative.
    May 18, 2013. 10:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google Vs. Apple: Spring Of Hope, Winter Of Despair [View article]
    To state it another way...I think I agree with you...but i'm not sure ;-)
    May 17, 2013. 10:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment