Bryan Waters

View Bryan Waters' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Facebook: Acquire Users First, Monetize Later [View article]
    I have nothing intelligent to say to that... ;-)
    Aug 6, 2013. 08:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Acquire Users First, Monetize Later [View article]
    I agree...i'm assuming the stock is going to range between 38-40 for a bit though...maybe till Q3 earnings depending on news. Q3 will determine what happens then but i'm betting on more good news!
    Aug 5, 2013. 02:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Acquire Users First, Monetize Later [View article]
    On the other hand...its at $39 this morning...maybe we've completely turned the corner and are looking for upside in a market where thats hard to find...
    Aug 5, 2013. 10:30 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Acquire Users First, Monetize Later [View article]
    Two things...lack of supporting revenue and lack of faith. This is a story stock...you have to buy into the narrative and like the plot. If you dont like it, don't buy...if you do, then you are buying a valuation for next year or the year after...not next quarter.

Take a look at NTFLX...companies like FB and NTFLX have the ability to change the way we live our lives. The stock price for these companies is a measure of how much we believe that.
    Aug 5, 2013. 09:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Acquire Users First, Monetize Later [View article]
    While I don't disagree with the price points at some point, thats too agressive for this market...investors are going to make FB earn its current price level first.
    Aug 5, 2013. 09:04 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Acquire Users First, Monetize Later [View article]
    I'll take a shot at it...give me a day and i'll post my predictions here.
    Aug 5, 2013. 09:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Acquire Users First, Monetize Later [View article]
    The problem always has been targeting. Ads must be visible to people who want to see them...open graph is a massive step in this direction. FB always had more information on its audience than other sites and they are finally starting to leverage that in its advertising...so yes, advertisers would be better using FB now they have targeting figured out.
    Aug 4, 2013. 08:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Acquire Users First, Monetize Later [View article]
    Thank you...no, no news on that...but i'll keep on the lookout...
    Aug 4, 2013. 08:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Acquire Users First, Monetize Later [View article]
    Q3 should show some improvement over Q2...but the $38 level is a tough psychological level...i'm guessing it will stay here for a bit but I don't know how to factor the poor economic conditions in...I am also assuming that the the jump was helped by the other earnings misses in tech.
    Aug 4, 2013. 08:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Play A Recovery In Apple? The Same Way One Profited Off The Boom [View article]
    Do watch out for the fall product announcments. I don't expect that to go over well with the market.
    Jul 19, 2013. 11:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple App Store Vs. Google Play [View article]
    Slicing and dicing the revenue to make a point comparison was not really the point. The overall point was momentum, direction and each companies ability to sustain and grow current levels.

That being said, the fact that Apple reports revenue on a gross basis does make a substantial difference in Googles favor.
    May 24, 2013. 09:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google Vs. Apple: Spring Of Hope, Winter Of Despair [View article]
    I see. I'd better not tell what sports teams I like then...that might further destroy my credability.

I'm fairly comfortable with the idea that Google wasn't considering either Spotify or Pandora. But that doesn't change the fact that they will become casualties of the initiative.
    May 18, 2013. 10:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google Vs. Apple: Spring Of Hope, Winter Of Despair [View article]
    To state it another way...I think I agree with you...but i'm not sure ;-)
    May 17, 2013. 10:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google Vs. Apple: Spring Of Hope, Winter Of Despair [View article]
    I'm getting two different threads from your comments...first, yes, Jobs was a wild card, opinionated, hard to deal with, etc, and so on...and second, he was the sole driving force behind the new markets created by Apple.

Tim Cook is a "normal" CEO...probably more on the risk averse side and put in the very uncomfortable position of deciding whether to spend piles of cash on creating new unproven markets or listening to David Einhorn. He is doing what a responsible CEO does...

I don't know that you can plan a replacement for someone like Jobs. That is the reason why Apple is the focal point of this massive debate. Are they going to produce something insanely great? Of course not. Apple doesn't do that any more because they don't have someone willing to pull the trigger.

Its this simple. If Tim Cook were in charge in 2006, 2007...we wouldn't have an iPhone today.
    May 17, 2013. 10:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google Vs. Apple: Spring Of Hope, Winter Of Despair [View article]
    Agreed. The problem that i'm having with Apple these days is not the talent that still exists in the company...its management's ability to leverage that talent.
    May 17, 2013. 09:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment