Bryan Waters

View Bryan Waters' Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • I Put Borders Out Of Business, Target Is Next [View article]
    See...this is my problem. I agree with you. Its part of the melancholia I feel when I watch the changes that are coming. The closing of our locla Borders was very emotional for us. I don't want the cold, sterile digital world to get rid of the pleasures of sitting, reading and drinking coffee with friends at the local bookstore. What I want, doesn't seem to matter. Part of the reason for the title of this article is the dichotomy between the guilt that I feel for my role and my helplessness at the realization that I couldn't stop it from happening if I wanted to...I don't think we have a choice.
    Jan 14 10:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Jones Energy Is An Attractive And Overlooked Recent IPO [View article]
    Is there a reason why you are long $JONE yourself?
    Nov 11 09:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon Flails Wildly [View article]
    Paul, we talked about that...devices are break-even...they sell digital content through their devices...thats the point.
    Oct 17 02:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon Flails Wildly [View article]
    We'll have to agree to disagree...but when we have this discussion next year or the year after, I want you to remember this conversation ;-)
    Oct 17 02:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cisco Has At Least 11% Short-Term Upside [View article]
    I agree completely. With the questionable economy and the changing nature of tech why would it be a surprise that CSCO is winding down parts of its business and switching to newer technologies?

Very nice article!
    Aug 28 11:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: The Story So Far, One Investor's Perspective [View article]
    What part?
    Aug 26 02:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: The Story So Far, One Investor's Perspective [View article]
    That's key to this type of investment. I'm in a similar situation with $NFLX...i love the company, love the service but the whole content-based business model combined with the valuation is beyond me...i believe it will be viable for a while but the current price is more than I can deal with...same with $AMZN...love the company, not the price.
    Aug 26 01:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Acquire Users First, Monetize Later [View article]
    I have nothing intelligent to say to that... ;-)
    Aug 6 08:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Acquire Users First, Monetize Later [View article]
    I agree...i'm assuming the stock is going to range between 38-40 for a bit though...maybe till Q3 earnings depending on news. Q3 will determine what happens then but i'm betting on more good news!
    Aug 5 02:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Acquire Users First, Monetize Later [View article]
    Two things...lack of supporting revenue and lack of faith. This is a story stock...you have to buy into the narrative and like the plot. If you dont like it, don't buy...if you do, then you are buying a valuation for next year or the year after...not next quarter.

Take a look at NTFLX...companies like FB and NTFLX have the ability to change the way we live our lives. The stock price for these companies is a measure of how much we believe that.
    Aug 5 09:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Acquire Users First, Monetize Later [View article]
    I'll take a shot at it...give me a day and i'll post my predictions here.
    Aug 5 09:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Acquire Users First, Monetize Later [View article]
    Thank you...no, no news on that...but i'll keep on the lookout...
    Aug 4 08:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Acquire Users First, Monetize Later [View article]
    Q3 should show some improvement over Q2...but the $38 level is a tough psychological level...i'm guessing it will stay here for a bit but I don't know how to factor the poor economic conditions in...I am also assuming that the the jump was helped by the other earnings misses in tech.
    Aug 4 08:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Play A Recovery In Apple? The Same Way One Profited Off The Boom [View article]
    Do watch out for the fall product announcments. I don't expect that to go over well with the market.
    Jul 19 11:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple App Store Vs. Google Play [View article]
    Slicing and dicing the revenue to make a point comparison was not really the point. The overall point was momentum, direction and each companies ability to sustain and grow current levels.

That being said, the fact that Apple reports revenue on a gross basis does make a substantial difference in Googles favor.
    May 24 09:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment