Bryan Waters

View Bryan Waters' Comments BY TICKER:
  • How To Play A Recovery In Apple? The Same Way One Profited Off The Boom [View article]
    Do watch out for the fall product announcments. I don't expect that to go over well with the market.
    Jul 19 11:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple App Store Vs. Google Play [View article]
    Slicing and dicing the revenue to make a point comparison was not really the point. The overall point was momentum, direction and each companies ability to sustain and grow current levels.

That being said, the fact that Apple reports revenue on a gross basis does make a substantial difference in Googles favor.
    May 24 09:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google Vs. Apple: Spring Of Hope, Winter Of Despair [View article]
    I see. I'd better not tell what sports teams I like then...that might further destroy my credability.

I'm fairly comfortable with the idea that Google wasn't considering either Spotify or Pandora. But that doesn't change the fact that they will become casualties of the initiative.
    May 18 10:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google Vs. Apple: Spring Of Hope, Winter Of Despair [View article]
    To state it another way...I think I agree with you...but i'm not sure ;-)
    May 17 10:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google Vs. Apple: Spring Of Hope, Winter Of Despair [View article]
    I'm getting two different threads from your comments...first, yes, Jobs was a wild card, opinionated, hard to deal with, etc, and so on...and second, he was the sole driving force behind the new markets created by Apple.

Tim Cook is a "normal" CEO...probably more on the risk averse side and put in the very uncomfortable position of deciding whether to spend piles of cash on creating new unproven markets or listening to David Einhorn. He is doing what a responsible CEO does...

I don't know that you can plan a replacement for someone like Jobs. That is the reason why Apple is the focal point of this massive debate. Are they going to produce something insanely great? Of course not. Apple doesn't do that any more because they don't have someone willing to pull the trigger.

Its this simple. If Tim Cook were in charge in 2006, 2007...we wouldn't have an iPhone today.
    May 17 10:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google Vs. Apple: Spring Of Hope, Winter Of Despair [View article]
    Agreed. The problem that i'm having with Apple these days is not the talent that still exists in the company...its management's ability to leverage that talent.
    May 17 09:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google Vs. Apple: Spring Of Hope, Winter Of Despair [View article]
    I'd love to read it...please post the link.
    May 16 10:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google Vs. Apple: Spring Of Hope, Winter Of Despair [View article]
    At least your considering your choices carefully.
    May 16 01:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google Vs. Apple: Spring Of Hope, Winter Of Despair [View article]
    I actually do think Jobs was exceptional human being and that Tim Cook is not in his league...no insult to Tim but Apple is currently valued based on Jobs performance and not Tim Cooks.
    May 16 01:18 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google Vs. Apple: Spring Of Hope, Winter Of Despair [View article]
    Those descriptions come from Jim Cramer...not me ;-)
    May 16 01:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Is It HP All Over Again? [View article]
    Ashraf, its not that Tim Cook isn't doing a good job...its that he's running the company in a much more traditional manner and the stock price reflects the change. Tim has done a fine job...his only shortcoming is that he's not Jobs. That would be a tragic reason to punish him...especially since I don't know who you would get to replace Steve Jobs.

Tim is fine, Apple will price itself to reflects its new reality and Apple fans will get their iPhones.
    Apr 22 01:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time To Add Apple To Your Retirement Portfolio [View article]
    Well...when it bottoms out of course. Its not difficult to see a bottom in a stock...watch it and wait and see. So much of the price is future value that its hard to predict. My guess is that it will consolidate a bit and then based on the September launch, look for a new bottom.

If this is what their announcements will look like then I think the bottom happens Q4 this year.

Apr 21 09:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time To Add Apple To Your Retirement Portfolio [View article]
    By all means, put Apple in your retirement portfolio...its a fantastic company.

But wait for the hoopla to die down and for the stock to hit a price equilibrium...right now, as this comment thread shows, the market still hasn't come to terms with post-Steve Jobs Apple.
    Apr 20 11:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time To Add Apple To Your Retirement Portfolio [View article]
    I don't think anyone is talking about the demise of Apple. We are talking about Apple's transition to a new phase its its life...a stable, solid, mature company.

Why is that such a problem?
    Apr 20 11:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time To Add Apple To Your Retirement Portfolio [View article]
    Investors are still in denial...Apple will continue to go down but it won't be slow and there will be plenty of hype along the way.

I never trashed Cook. I just said he is not Steve Jobs. And he isn't...he'll run the company much differently than Jobs did. I've made that point very often and very clearly. A short squeeze doesn't change anything about the situation, it just means that investors are still in denial.
    Apr 20 11:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment