Bryan Waters

View Bryan Waters' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Facebook: The Story So Far, One Investor's Perspective [View article]
    What part?
    Aug 26, 2013. 02:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: The Story So Far, One Investor's Perspective [View article]
    That's key to this type of investment. I'm in a similar situation with $NFLX...i love the company, love the service but the whole content-based business model combined with the valuation is beyond me...i believe it will be viable for a while but the current price is more than I can deal with...same with $AMZN...love the company, not the price.
    Aug 26, 2013. 01:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: The Story So Far, One Investor's Perspective [View article]
    Good luck with that...i'd find someway to hedge...
    Aug 26, 2013. 01:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: The Story So Far, One Investor's Perspective [View article]
    Noted. Thank you for the correction and for your quality article! I definitely appreciated the research you put in...
    Aug 26, 2013. 12:26 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Major Factor Limiting Facebook's Growth Potential [View article]
    Agreed Chris. They are finally leveraging all the information they have on their user base. I assumed they were finally starting to figure this out when they first announced Open Graph and their Q2 earnings confirm that.

I've advertised on both Adwords and Facebook and have to say I can control my spend and better target my ads on Facebook's new product. Very nice!

They didn't create a derivative ad platform but rather have started realizing a social ad platform that really works!
    Aug 12, 2013. 08:50 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Major Factor Limiting Facebook's Growth Potential [View article]
    Increasing the CTR is what FB has not only been working on but rather succeeding at...what leads you to believe that the just announced Q2 results are not evidence of that?
    Aug 12, 2013. 01:54 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Acquire Users First, Monetize Later [View article]
    I have nothing intelligent to say to that... ;-)
    Aug 6, 2013. 08:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Acquire Users First, Monetize Later [View article]
    I agree...i'm assuming the stock is going to range between 38-40 for a bit though...maybe till Q3 earnings depending on news. Q3 will determine what happens then but i'm betting on more good news!
    Aug 5, 2013. 02:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Acquire Users First, Monetize Later [View article]
    On the other hand...its at $39 this morning...maybe we've completely turned the corner and are looking for upside in a market where thats hard to find...
    Aug 5, 2013. 10:30 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Acquire Users First, Monetize Later [View article]
    Two things...lack of supporting revenue and lack of faith. This is a story stock...you have to buy into the narrative and like the plot. If you dont like it, don't buy...if you do, then you are buying a valuation for next year or the year after...not next quarter.

Take a look at NTFLX...companies like FB and NTFLX have the ability to change the way we live our lives. The stock price for these companies is a measure of how much we believe that.
    Aug 5, 2013. 09:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Acquire Users First, Monetize Later [View article]
    While I don't disagree with the price points at some point, thats too agressive for this market...investors are going to make FB earn its current price level first.
    Aug 5, 2013. 09:04 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Acquire Users First, Monetize Later [View article]
    I'll take a shot at it...give me a day and i'll post my predictions here.
    Aug 5, 2013. 09:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Acquire Users First, Monetize Later [View article]
    The problem always has been targeting. Ads must be visible to people who want to see them...open graph is a massive step in this direction. FB always had more information on its audience than other sites and they are finally starting to leverage that in its advertising...so yes, advertisers would be better using FB now they have targeting figured out.
    Aug 4, 2013. 08:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Acquire Users First, Monetize Later [View article]
    Thank you...no, no news on that...but i'll keep on the lookout...
    Aug 4, 2013. 08:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Acquire Users First, Monetize Later [View article]
    Q3 should show some improvement over Q2...but the $38 level is a tough psychological level...i'm guessing it will stay here for a bit but I don't know how to factor the poor economic conditions in...I am also assuming that the the jump was helped by the other earnings misses in tech.
    Aug 4, 2013. 08:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment