BubbleBustInvesting

View BubbleBustInvesting's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • 4 Reasons Why Cisco Stock Fell [View article]
    I do agree. It may give the stock a temporary pop, but it will head south again.

Panos
    Jun 19 04:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Reasons Why Cisco Stock Fell [View article]
    I think you are right, Brad. He is part of the problem.

Panos
    Jun 19 04:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 High Risk Trades to Avoid: China Stocks, Commodities and Momentum Investing [View article]
    I couldn't agree more.
    Jun 13 07:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How to Prepare Your Portfolio for the Coming Austerity [View article]
    Panos.Mourdoukoutas@li...
    May 7 03:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cadence Pharmaceuticals: A Rising Star [View article]
    I knew about the stock from an earlier piece on small pharma stocks published in Barron's earlier this year but your analysis is much more thorough. I am long CADX.

Any color on why BMY out-licensed the drug? When did that happen?
    Apr 6 10:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Search Is Google's Castle, Everything Else Is a Moat [View article]
    This is a very nice piece indeed!

Although Warren Buffett never buys tech stocks for Berkshire (he claims that he and his partner Charlie Munger are not smart enough to understand tech stocks), I always thought that GOOG has many attributes that Buffett likes in a company:

1. It has a dominant position and large market share in its industry.
    2. It derives value from a strong brand name (in this case unique proprietary technology).
    3. It generates lots of free cash flow and has a strong balance sheet.

Another point that Buffett usually emphasizes is the quality of management. As he writes in his letters, he admires the managers of the companies owned by Berkshire so much that he would like his daughters to marry them. I have never heard the Chairman speak about Jerry Page or Eric Schmidt. None of it matters however since Berkshire will never invest in or buy GOOG.
    Mar 27 10:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment