Business Economics Analyst

View Business Economics Analyst's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • China MediaExpress: The Burden of a Low Share Price [View article]
    stockinvestor:
    Were you able to figure out the logical fallacy you were employing and then trying to use to make arguments for me that I never made or was it too tough for you?
    Was the research too hard for you, looking at my comment on the last instablog?
    Sure, that is the way to invest, look at what other people are doing and copy them. Good strategy.
    Did you invest in all the companies that did PIPE raising because of all the hedge funds that were investing in them? Did you get killed because the hedge funds were shorting them after getting the shares under the market price in the PIPE raisings? Is this the copycat strategy you suggest?
    In the meantime, I will do my own due diligence and recommend that others do their own due diligence and make their investment decision on that, not on what I or someone else is doing.
    Sep 20, 2010. 01:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • China MediaExpress: The Burden of a Low Share Price [View article]
    johnny inca:
    sounds like you are saying that I am being more persuasive than stockinvestor. It helps when you have the truth on your side.
    Sep 20, 2010. 01:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Raise a Glass to China New Borun [View article]
    Thank you. I applaud your response. I apologize if I am mistaken about GEO Investing.
    However, when I have gone to the site and when I have seen articles, they overwhelming appear to be promoting these stocks and ignoring the serious problems with them.
    If your approach is changing, I applaud you. One can certainly be easily fooled. I was. i was long about 5 of these companies before figuring out they were all frauds.
    I look forward to seeing a new approach where you give these companies a thorough examination.
    If I write any articles, i will consider providing them to you.
    Thank you again for your refreshing candor.
    Sep 20, 2010. 01:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • China MediaExpress: The Burden of a Low Share Price [View article]
    stockinvestor:
    Another one of your dumb arguments that you make up for me - because frauds exist, CCME is a fraud. Frankly, i couldn't make up an argument that dumb, but you seem to be able to routinely do it and attribute it to me. To be clear that is not my argument, it is a stupid, stupid argument that you made up.
    in fact, the reasoning you are trying to attribute to me is actually your reasoning. I am supposed to conclude that because Deloitte is auditing or Star is investing, that this means that CCME is not a fraud. That is your flawed logic, not mine. So, my response is show that, just because Deloitte is auditing, does not mean that the company is honest. Big 4 accounting firms have audited plenty of frauds and continue to do so. Likewise, just because Star is investing does not mean it is a good investment. Plenty of much larger and better firms than Star have been duped and invested in frauds. In fact, we don't know if Star got the shares for cheaper than the market price and then shorted to lock in the profits, which would mean if wasn't really an investment for them anyway, just an arbitrage.
    So, you get it - my arguments are not employing your flawed logic, your arguments are.
    You have presented 0 evidence that CCME is a fraud.
    Now, if you want some of the information I have presented that CCME is a fraud, use those vast research skills (have you heard of research?) and look at the last instablog on CCME and look down at the comments. You will see one from me explaning why I believe that CCME is a fraud.
    In the meantime, can I recommend a good book on logical fallacies, so you can avoid employing them? How about a book on researching companies? I think you would find both useful. Also, I can recommend books on accounting frauds as well. You might learn something.

Sep 20, 2010. 01:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • China MediaExpress: The Burden of a Low Share Price [View article]
    stockinvestor:
    It seems you do. Couldn't come up with ten frauds in the past 5 years that were audited by large accounting firms? Let me give you a hint, I can come up with over 100. Maybe you ought to ask for a refund on that accounting degree and MBA. I would love to see the audits you did, maybe you should market your auditing services to these small cap chinese reverse merger frauds.
    Do all you pumpers go to the same school to learn the same tactics? Whenever someone makes excellent points, ignore those points and make up other points for him that sound really stupid and say that those are the points he made. Then take those stupid points you made up for the other person, that they never made, and start arguing against those. Well, all that you proved is that you can make bad arguments for yourself and you can make bad arguments for someone else. But, please, don't pretend that I made the bad arguments you made up for me.
    Signing off on an audit is not an assurance by the accounting firm that the company is not a fraud. Did you get to that in your accounting class or MBA class? While online program do you attent to get your degree?
    Thanks, but I won't be hiring you for any audits anytime soon. Good luck.

Do all you pumpers go to the same school to learn the same tactic? Whenever someone makes excellent points, ignore and make up really bad sounding arguments and attribute it to them to make it sound like they made stupid points, when it was you that made up stupid points for them that they never made.
    You start your post by making up arguments for me that I never made, then you end your post by making up more things.
    Meanwhile, in the middle
    Sep 20, 2010. 11:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • China MediaExpress: The Burden of a Low Share Price [View article]
    How about a little quiz, a very easy one, why don't you name 10 frauds that were owned by big names in the last 5 years? Then see if you can name 10 more? Then write 1000 times to yourself, it is a mistake to conclude there is no fraud just because a big name owns the stock.
    Sep 20, 2010. 10:16 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • China MediaExpress: The Burden of a Low Share Price [View article]
    Thank you. That is my point. The auditing firm is not determining that a fraud does not exist, so acting like it does. It is very easy to prove the company is not a fraud if it was not.
    Sep 20, 2010. 10:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • China MediaExpress Holdings: What Do Short Sellers Know That We Don't? [View article]
    Don:
    Of course you are not going to provide the specific information that I requested. You can't and neither can CCME because you and they don't have it because the company is a fraud.
    You are just shamelessly pumping the company, most likely from a foreign country and most likely for a small fee.
    Sep 20, 2010. 01:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • China MediaExpress: The Burden of a Low Share Price [View article]
    StockInvestor:
    What due diligence have you done? If you have done due dligence that shows the company is not a fraud, please provide it to us. I don't think you have done any due diligence or even know what it is or how to do it, otherwise you would have provided it to us.
    I don't know how many times you want me to repeat it. Deloitte and Touche did poorly, in my opinion, in the inspection done by the PCAOB. They had deficiencies in 20% of their audits. Do you know what the PCAOB is? Do you know what an inspection is? Do you know what an audit is? An audit is not assurance that the company is not a fraud. Why don't you contact Deloitte and Touche and ask them to provide you in writing assurance that CCME is not a fraud, since they did the audit. You won't get it from them, not now or ever.
    The stock is not cheap, it is a fortune for that stock. It is a fortune for the stock because of fraudulent pumpers like yourself. How much are you paid to pump this stock.
    I am not paid by anyone to post. I was long ONP, read the Muddy Waters report, sold my shares and shorted it. I was particularly disturbed by all the phony pumpers of ONP claiming to have visited ONP and verified their operations. I was shocked when I saw Rick Pearson's video visit to ONP, where he was pumping the stock but showing a video of an old dilapidated facility where what it looked like any work being done was staged.
    I analyzed CCME myself and concluded it was a fraud. I have been responding to the shameless pumpers of the stock. There appears to be no end to organization and people that pump these fraudulent chinese companies. You are obviously one. Who is paying you?
    I provide a brief analysis of teh company and why I think it is fraud in a comment on the most recent instablog concerning CCME. You can read it there.
    I am short CCME.
    Sep 20, 2010. 01:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I guess that means that you won't be providing any of the specific information requested to show the company is not a fraud?
    Sep 19, 2010. 11:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    don:
    Can you provide the name, address and phone number in english and chinese of each of the companies and their representatives that comprised of the customers, ad agencies, bus operators, and CTR representatives that were at investor day so that we can contact them. Can you provide the terms of the agreements with each of this and the amount of revenue that they provided? CCME's investors relations does not appear anxious or cooperative in providing any information as far as i can tell. Maybe you can help us out and prove this is not fraud. i am betting that the chances of that are 0. But go ahead and post that information right here for us please. Remember, we also need the Chinese names because you cannot necessarily get figure out a chinese name from an english name. Good luck getting this information from the company but if you do, I would be happy to get it.
    Also, please provide the list of the top customers for the last 2 years by providing their names, a contact name of the company, addres and phone number in English and Chinese. Also, provide the amount of hte purchases made by those top customers and a representative from those customers that can verify the purchases.
    Also, provide the amount of advertising purchased and a contact name, addresss and phone number that will confirm the amount purchased at Pepsi, China Mobile and Lenovo.
    CCME may have offered to answer any question, but good luck getting their investor relations to answer any of the questions you want answered.
    What screens on what buses? How many have you seen? Certainly not too difficult to put a screen up on a bus.
    Whoever CTR is or whatever they have done, the report that you claim they did that you provided a link to is a very poorly done report. It is clealry ridiculous for the report to claim that the buses are mainly used by higher end professionals and then have their average pay per month be less than $500.00. I never commented on any other reports by CTR, such as the one done on FMCN. I don't know if that is an accurate report or not.
    Again, it is very important to use your own brain and do your own due diligence and not just rely on someone else's conclusions. Particularly, in this case, where even a quick look at the CTR report shows that it is poorly done and violates basic precepts of marketing research. I don't know if CTR actually did that report or not.
    In fact, can you provide a contact at CTR that will confirm that they did the report. Can you see if they would be willing to discuss the report?
    You seem to continually ignore everything I write. I informed you that the PCAOB inspection of Deloitte found deficiencies in 20% of the audits that Deloitte did. Can you read that? Do you understand what that means? Why on earth would you keep tauting Deloitte?
    Do this, contact Deloitte and see if they will guarantee you in writing that CCME is not a fraud. I bet you that you will not get them to provide you such a confirmation. Ask yourself why not?
    let me put it another way - do you read the financial news? If so, have long have you done so? If you had, you would be aware of the very large number of frauds that have occured while being auditing by top name auditors. These include large companies, medium sized companies and, yes, small companies.
    PWC is another top named auditor and they audited Satyam, who claimed to have $1 billion dollars in cash that they did not have. This happened just last year. There are many, many historical examples.
    Of course, always promises of the future for fraudulent companies. Promises of a dividend we are now supposed to rely on.
    See my comment to the recent instablog for some reasons that CCME is a fraud.
    And, yes, I am short CCME. I was short it, then I covered. After the company pumped it with the buyback announcement, and possible some manipulation of the stock price, and it went up so much a few days ago, I shorted it again and it is down to where I previously covered.
    Anyway, I look forward to receiving the information requested so that you can prove this is not a fraud. You know what I think the chances are that you will provide the requested information.

Sep 19, 2010. 10:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • China MediaExpress: The Burden of a Low Share Price [View article]
    It is my opinion that the accusations of fraud are both substantial and verifiable. You state in a conclusory fashion that they are not but you appear, from your article, not to have done a stitch of work to base that claim on.
    Sep 19, 2010. 08:47 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Don:
    I don't see why you react so negatively to my post without your having done any work to determine whether CCME is not a fraud. If you have done such work, then provide it. Don't make arguments about work of others, do your own work showing CCME is not a fraud. My conclusion is that you can't provide such work and are just a shill for the company. You certainly don't answer a single question I ask.
    if you need suggestions, why not provide some proof that CCME is actually doing the selling it claims. Perhaps contact the company and ask them if there is any way they can suggest for you to verify the truthfullness of their representations regarding their sales. Can they provide contacts at the largest customers, either the advertising agencies they claim purchase ads upfront (and, no, I don't believe that one either) or the advertisers they sell to directly. Or, can they provide the contracts and contacts to verify them? Maybe file the contracts with the SEC. If they won't agree to any of those, can they suggest others.
    I certainly would be happy to change my mind if CCME could prove their revenues by providing the contracts and contacts at the companies so that the contracts could be verified. If they won't do that, perhaps they could provide another way. Of course, I believe that it is impossible for them to verify the revenue as I believe that it has not occured.
    I certainly am not going to defer to accountants or to CTR in doing my analysis and making my investment decisions. We have seen the results that can occur when someone defers their own due diligence to those who supposedly know betters. I suppose you would claim that I should defer to one of the ratings agencies in analyzing bonds, CDO's, etc and who was I to question their AAA rating.
    If you haven't yet figured out that these people tend to be motivated by financial remuneration and tend to do the bidding of those paying them, then I doubt my comments can be of any help to you. As the old saying goes, "he whose bread I eat, his song I sing."
    I don't believe you can point out any facts showing that CCME is not a fraud and that is why you have not done so.
    Of course I am short CCME as you know my views on them. I recommend that other people do their own due diligence and come to their own conclusions about their own investment decisions. I respond because I do believe it is important to respond to people like you who are shamelessly pumping this stock.
    Sep 19, 2010. 08:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Don:
    Obviously, you have no ability to respond to my comments. It was clear that you knew nothing about CCME other than to regurgitate what the company stated.
    Perhaps you should spend some time studying accounting and securities fraud so that you can recognize it when you see it.
    I am happy to believe anything that is real. However, there is nothing in your comment that I could determine for myself was real.
    Good luck to you and your learning something about accounting and securities, particularly when fraud is involved.
    Sep 19, 2010. 05:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Raise a Glass to China New Borun [View article]
    Dan723:
    Let the company's actual performance speak for itself: I think that is what is being questioned. You are assuming the company's reports are accurate and I believe that they are not. So, my opinion is that their reports abourt the trailing history are false, so it does not support the management's strategy.
    The way to respond to my questions and allegations is to actually respond to them, which you didn't in any way, shape or form. I don't think you responded because you don't know the answers becasue you know little to nothing about CHBT, but are merely regurgitating the company's representations, which appear to be false.
    If you are only a contributor, how do you know the relationship between GEO investing and BORN.
    i don't believe that SeekingAlpha picked up your article, I believe that either you or GeoInvesting submitted it, as that it appears to be the process for getting an article published at SeekingAlpha. I don't know why you would say SeekingAlpha picked up the article.
    Geo Investing appears to be a site that is dedicated to pumping chinese small cap stocks, many of which appear to be frauds. GeoInvesting appears to have some relationship with these companies as it has a section on its website advertising its services for these companies. See geoinvesting.com/about....
    Here is some of the content on the GeoInvesting website for the companies:

GeoInvesting serves as a powerful resource by which your company will increase its exposure to the entire investment community. The GeoTeam is dedicated to working closely with you to:

•Enhance shareholder value.
    •Provide you with access to qualified Investor Relations firms and legal teams.
    •Quickly disseminate your company information in a timely manner on our web site.
    •Give you the opportunity to become a Focus Stock with your complete and detailed profile spotlighted on our site.
    •Increase your pool of potential investors.
    •Help you fulfill your capital needs by giving you a broader audience.
    •Offer advice on increasing transparency .
    •Dissect your SEC filings to help your investors focus on hard-to-find and pertinent information.
    •Be a part of one-on-one interviews and webcasts.
    •Enable you to socially interact with investors and Investor Relations firms.
    •Ensure financial accuracy across multiple domains
    Please contact us to learn more about the services we can offer your company
    Sep 19, 2010. 02:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment