C.R. Jackson

View C.R. Jackson's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Will Coronado Biosciences Revolutionize Medicine? [View article]

Dear Hamburger,

I appreciate your comments, but wish to comment on some of your statements:

You statement:
    “Make sure to wash your hands before and after handling the worms to take your dose.”

My reply:
    People taking TSO never handle worms because the worms are in a microscopic larval stage and suspended in a small amount of salt water. The larvae cannot be seen, tasted or felt.

Your statement:
    “They will live in your intestines, so care is needed to ensure your (SIC) careful not to spread them in your bathroom.”

My reply:
    Researchers have found that TSO does not cause any permanent infection. After several weeks, the worms die and are then eliminated from the body. TSO must be taken every two weeks to continue the desired effect. TSO never leaves the gastrointestinal tract, or gets in the bloodstream. TSO is not contagious, A person taking TSO cannot infect another person.
    Jul 10, 2013. 11:35 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Questcor Pharmaceuticals: How Can Such A Profitable Company Be So Risky? [View article]
    As I stated before, I am not shorting QCOR. I have no position in the stock.
    Apr 28, 2013. 12:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pfizer: Why You Should Be Cautious Now [View article]
    Stock Gamer,
    Thank you for the nice article. What do you think is a good entry point?
    Apr 25, 2013. 10:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 High Risk Biotech Stocks Under $2 That Could Yield A High Reward [View article]
    Dear SMaturin,
    I apologize for the typographical error.on the analyst dates.

Several significant studies involving mifepristone have occurred since the five year old review article you cite.

On March 19, 2007, Corcept announced that the last of three Phase 3 trials evaluating mifepristone for treating the psychotic features of psychotic major depression, did not achieve statistical significance with respect to its primary endpoint. However, Corcept researchers found that those patients who took 1,200 mg of mifepristone developed higher drug plasma levels than did the groups of patients who received lower doses. Researchers have found a significant linear association between mifepristone plasma concentration and clinical response which seems to indicate that mifepristone at sufficient plasma levels may potentially be effective in rapidly and durably reducing the psychotic symptoms of patients with psychotic depression. Researchers have also found that there was no discernible difference in the incidence of adverse events between patients who received placebo and those who received 300 mg, 600 mg or 1,200 mg of mifepristone.
    Corcept’s current Phase 3 trial uses a much higher mifeprisome dose of 1,200 mg once per day for seven days.

Other articles you may find of interest include:

Watson S, Gallagher P, Porter RJ, Smith MS, Herron LJ, Bulmer S; North-East Mood Disorders Clinical Research Group, Young AH, Ferrier IN. A randomized trial to examine the effect of mifepristone on neuropsychological performance and mood in patients with bipolar depression. Biol Psychiatry. 2012 1;72(11):943-9.

Gross C, Blasey CM, Roe RL, Belanoff JK. Mifepristone reduces weight gain and improves metabolic abnormalities associated with risperidone treatment in normal men. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2010, 18:2295-300.

Wulsin AC, Herman JP, Solomon MB.Mifepristone decreases depression-like behavior and modulates neuroendocrine and central hypothalamic-pituitary... axis responsiveness to stress. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2010 351100-12.

Have a nice day,
    CR
    Apr 17, 2013. 09:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Zogenix A Buy After FDA Panel Says 'No' To Zohydro? [View article]
    JoeNatural,

Thanks for catching the typo.
    Dec 15, 2012. 11:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Is So Exciting About MEI Pharma? [View article]
    The stock is doing great up to $2.03 on Friday from $1.42 when the article broke. Have you invested in MEIP?
    Dec 9, 2012. 09:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is There An Opportunity With Tranzyme After Stock Falls Over 75%? [View article]
    Walk the Talk,

I hope to follow-up on TZYM later this year or early next year. The stock fell to .65 on Friday 12/7 which is a penny shy of their 52 week low. I really hope the stock price goes above $1. The last thing TZYM needs is to get delisted off NASDAQ. Next year should be interesting.
    Dec 9, 2012. 08:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Can InterMune Sustain Positive Momentum? [View article]
    I agree. I think ITMN is a strong company. Shares were pretty stable last week. I agree about the importance of the Heath Canada approval on the US market, The NICE appraisal should be interesting. If negative, it could be a good entry point.
    Dec 9, 2012. 08:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • After 2 Drug Approvals, Can Supernus Deliver In 2013? [View article]
    Dear Hksche 2000.

You certainly called that right. SUPN was down to $7.81 last Friday (12/7). Do you have any recommendations for a good entry point?
    Dec 9, 2012. 08:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Does Merrimack Pharmaceuticals Have A Blockbuster Drug With MM-398? [View article]
    Hi ZZ,

I feel like I am responding to a legend. I have followed you on fool.com and am a fan. I should have been more clear why I think MM-398 may become a marketable product. I am impressed with Andrew Ko's work at UCSF. 75% responded to MM-398 which is pretty amazing considering how lethal pancreatic cancer is. I like MACK not only because I think MM-398 may be a winner, but also MM121 partnered with Sanofi shows promise as well. I don't like to pitch stocks. I make recommendations, but try to offer as much unbiased background information as possible so people can come to their own conclusions. My article did wonders for MACK. I think they hit a 6 month low on Friday. Thanks for reading. Please keep in touch.
    Dec 9, 2012. 08:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Fast Growing BioPharma Stock To Buy On The Next Pull Back [View article]
    Hi Bret,

It's a great company but it's so expensive. What do you think of EXEL and ARIA? There's been a lot of talk about ARIA's prospects.
    Nov 13, 2012. 08:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Corcept Focuses On Stress Hormone [View article]
    I have no idea. The last two days (November 1 and 2) have been gruesome. If anyone knows why, I'd like to hear from them. Thanks.
    Nov 2, 2012. 06:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Now Could Be The Time To Speculate On Achillion Pharmaceuticals [View article]
    Thanks for a very interesting article.

Do you have an opinion of Gilead's HCV drug PSI-7977?
    Oct 30, 2012. 04:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment