Caiman Valores

View Caiman Valores' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Bankers Petroleum: Massive Resource, Steep Production Growth, Strong Upcoming Catalysts, Significant Undervaluation [View article]
    See Morningstar for a breakdown of shareholders, be nice if people would do their DD for once instead of sounding off, its not hard to do and you can also check Sedar as required.

Feb 24, 2014. 01:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    TD

TD is a keystone investor. Your being reactionary and trolling. The company is exceptionally cheap on all metrics and has solid operational performance coupled with its oil price being indexed to brent. I agree the Albanian issue is a concern but the same was being said about Colombia 5 years ago and Albania is far more stable. I don't see the red flags you allude to and overall Dennis' thesis is sound. So instead of sounding off and denigrating what is a good research report respond with factual evidence and highlight why the thesis is incorrect?
    Feb 23, 2014. 07:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gafisa: A Speculative Play On Brazilian Residential Property [View article]
    Hi David

I will take a closer look and see what opportunity exists, but at this stage I have returned to focusing on Colombia in general and O&G E&P in that country in particular. I have also made a business decision to wind down my contributions to SA due to editorial issues.

Kind regards,

Matt
    Feb 18, 2014. 12:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bakken Update's 2014 Stock Picks: Small Operator's Well Design Outperforms In North Dakota [View article]
    Michael

I couldn't agree more and hopefully the new well design will see the company's performance improve. I believe if the plays that you mentioned that Whiting has the greatest potential, so lets hope they can get it right this time.

Kind regards,

Matt
    Feb 18, 2014. 09:09 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Tuscany International Drilling: Is Something Rotten? (Part 2) [View article]
    Hi VD

Colombia's conventional production is certainly increasing but I believe the govt is being overly optimistic with regard to how much it will increase, hence why PRE more than likely won't be able to renew its concession on the Rubiales field. Key to growing conventional production is the Putumayo Basin and the Middle Magdalena, but it will take some time for that development to occur.

I also believe that a number junior drilling and oil services companies have blindly accepted the govt's overly optimistic statements and over committed themselves in Colombia, leading to idle rigs and other under utilized equipment, which is obviously affecting revenue and cash flows as well as generating higher costs.

Colombia is definitely going to become the next big unconventional play in South America.

I agree that something appears wrong, but as a former banker who has been heavily involved in credit risk management and recovery of assets, there maybe a number of issues affecting TID's credit worthiness. This is why the debt covenants are critical.
    The other issue is that other lenders may not be willing to refinance TID on favorable terms due to the perceived risk in the business and other underlying issues. Plus once the covenants are breached on existing facilities the major creditors typically call the shots on how the company will be administered.

But great article and certainly agree with your thesis. I also think it is great that you have stuck to your guns and have written the 2 articles explaining what has occurred and why.

Regards,

Matt
    Feb 17, 2014. 06:08 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tuscany International Drilling: Is Something Rotten? (Part 2) [View article]
    VD

Superb, a lot of information to soak up, you've left me speechless after my previous criticism. Keep up the good work.

However, I don't share your optimism on Colombia despite the information you have provided. At this stage EC is struggling and overall Colombian oil production will continue to struggle. Unconventional O&G is fast shaping up as the next big play here.

As for Tuscany I would point out that perhaps it is time to take a closer look at debt covenants and CS' position in relation to their perceived level of risk.

I would like to see a closer analysis of Tuscany's debt covenants? Having been involved in the wind up of a number of companies it would be interesting to see how they have been structured by CS and what guarantees were given.

I would just add I didn't take your recommendation to assume a position because my 'gut' told me something was wrong. But thank you for accepting my previous criticism and delivering a superb insight into what is happening.

Kind regards,

Matt
    Feb 16, 2014. 09:51 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Michael thanks for another great article, would love to be able to leverage your knowledge on the Bakken. I am totally convinced on your calls for Kodiak and Whiting, but lets see how it plays out given that Whiting's management have a magic ability to turn gold into dust.
    Feb 16, 2014. 09:34 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coming To Grips With Investing In Argentina's Energy Sector [View article]
    Hi River

Thanks for the update I have been monitoring MDNLF for some time and feel that there isn't much puff left after its recent share price appreciation. Typically most of the O/S operators in Argentina have kept their cash offshore and there have been provisions in place for sometime allowing them to offshore profits on the basis of meeting minimum investment and production requirements.

APA's recent sale of its Argentine assets has been on the cards for sometime with the company committing to focusing on its North American assets as part of a strategic growth strategy set in 2012 and seeking to divest itself of all non-core assets, particular those in high risk jurisdictions.

While Argentina desperately needs capital everyone seems to forget that CVX is operating successfully in the country having entered into partnership with YPF. PLus APA doesn't have sale and cashflow to match CVX's or any of the integrated majors investment in the Vaca Muerta. Furthermore, YPF has been quite successful in implementing its strategic plan since partnering with Chevron and with the recent currency devaluation in Argentina, coupled with the need to get hard currency the government will make further efforts to attract investment in the energy sector.

Kind regards,

Matt
    Feb 16, 2014. 05:06 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Tuscany International Drilling: Is Something Rotten? (Part 1) [View article]
    VD

The fact remains you made a bad call without knowing the internal situation at the company. While that is part and parcel of stock analysis to then start throwing out tables that show your stock picking performance only adds to my concern.

I doubt that shareholders will receive any return what so ever and the end game for CS is to recover their money by any means possible in the shortest time possible.

kind regards,

Matt
    Feb 14, 2014. 02:51 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pacific Rubiales Beaten Down And Oversold Offering Long-Term Value With Significant Positive Catalysts [View article]
    Ok understand, better to buy on the Canadian market if you can.

Taking a look at the article now and thank you for the link, will certainly be having a chat with Value Digger.
    Feb 12, 2014. 02:23 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Hi River

I am surprised are you buying OTC ADRs or Canadian listed PRE?

Matt
    Feb 12, 2014. 01:44 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Drew thank you if you have any questions please let me know.
    Feb 11, 2014. 09:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Hi Jan

Great questions, there is no single Colombia related issue other than the negative perception of investing in Colombia, Latam in general and the ongoing issues in emerging markets. PRE knew the concesion was going to expire but were confident it would be renewed but it is highly likely that it won't.

The key driver of this is EC's need to boost 2P reserves and production to meet targets. The reasons for EC's share price slide differ from PRE and are related to its inability to meet guidance and concerns over its reserves.

The smart money at this time is going into small-caps operating in Colombia, predominantly Canacol, Parex and Gran Tierra, you can see my and VD's articles on these companies in the links below. I like all of those companies but PRE is the most under-valued at this time.

If you require any more information or have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask either by way of comments or direct messages.

Kind regards,

Matt
    Feb 11, 2014. 08:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Aurora Oil And Gas: An Unloved And Undervalued Australian Oil Junior [View article]
    Hi Picolomini

I agree Bayetx is getting a bargain, but the key reasons for that is the level of debt Baytex is assuming as part of the deal and because Aurora's key producing acreage is operated by a subsidiary of Marathon. But given how undervalued Aurora was in comparison to its reserves it was obvious the company had to be on someone's radar as a potential T/O target.

Baytex have certainly sweetened the deal for shareholders by offering a 9% dividend increase contingent on the deal being completed. It is also a significant even t for Baytex giving the company a U.S. based source of light oil that trades at close to the price for WTI, diversifying its reserve base and production away from dependence on Canadian heavy oil.

A number of other SA readers I have spoken to since the deal was announced have been loading up on Baytex shares.

Kind regards,

Matt
    Feb 9, 2014. 09:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi River

There is no box that I am aware of, I think you are required to have commented on the article to have that facility, but I will look into it.

Kind regards,