Caiman Valores

View Caiman Valores' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Wellgreen Platinum: A Gem Amongst The Rubble - Genuine '10-Bagger' Upside [View article]
    Critical Investor I agree with both your views and those of ID and there is certainly a place for the flexible application of the micro-cap policy. But as you have both pointed out I would expect to see clear explanation regarding why the company is a 'ten bagger'.

Interestingly trading volumes have spiked considerably since this article was published going from volumes of between 20,000 to 60,000 on the TSX to well over 400,000. The stock has also appreciated in value by almost 35% since publication i.e. 2 days. All of which appears quite suspicious, given the lack of credible information provided in the article.
    Jan 23 12:56 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Note automatic writing led to SEC reference when as a Canadian listed company it should be the relevant provincial securities commission.
    Jan 23 12:50 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    It also appears that Wellgreen fails to meet Seeking Alpha's MIcro-Cap stock publishing policy http://bit.ly/LJo0Et opening further suspicions that perhaps this indeed is a pump and dump?

Perhaps other SA contributors are held to higher standards than Fincom when it comes to having articles published? Interestingly I raised a number issues with SA regarding the content of this article over a day ago and have yet to receive a response. Overall the conflation of events leaves me seriously questioning the credibility of SA and the possibility that at least one person within SA maybe trading off the back of this article.
    Jan 23 02:23 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    So I guess that means there is no data-room or any public announcements that indicate one is open?
    Jan 23 01:38 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Overall I am still struggling to understand the 'ten bagger' call. There is no transparent valuation of the company,or any assessment of its resources, resource quality or the ability to translate those resources into revenue and ultimately cash flow including development costs. It doesn't even look at equivalent transactions and how they are priced for similar types of acreage and ore bodies. Overall while I never agree with Itinerant he has raised some points worthy of further investigation.

I also do not understand where the 30% IRR has come from or the capex costs. It seems that the author has plucked them from thin air and used nothing more than what SA themselves call a 'black box' valuation system to ultimately value the company.

The article at best appears to represent inside information that is not publicly available potentially making it the subject of an SEC investigation into insider trading and at worst a pump and dump.

I would like to see the author provide the relevant data and calculations to support his assertion it is a so called 'ten bagger'.
    Jan 22 11:46 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Jon Springer Articles Since December 2013 [View instapost]
    John

Thanks for the update, just read the article on Thailand and while I found it a little simplistic I certainly agree with the conclusion that you have drawn. Unfortunately Thailand is a particularly difficult country to fathom given the habit of concealing everything behind what is perceived to be a communal good.

But given the the pro-business climate, the receptiveness of both sides of politics to business and the some what spirited embracement of capitalism by the Army and Police I agree that the protests are of little to no consequence for the overall business or investment climate.

Good to hear from you again and have added your Forbes articles to my reading list.

Kind regards,

Matt
    Jan 22 05:21 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Despite Its Recent Share Price Spike, Gran Tierra Offers Considerable Upside [View article]
    Hi River

I believe that while GTE's price has been quite volatile it's share price has yet to hit its top. The recent reserves report highlights the potential of its properties in Peru and with security issues in Colombia easing the company will be able to sustain a higher level of production.

Kind regards,

CV
    Jan 22 10:25 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Dennis thank you for the update, for other followers please see this link: http://prn.to/1jmvVWI
    Jan 21 11:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Mount Gibson Iron Offers A Curious Twist On The Mining Sector [View article]
    Hi Stephen

In nutshell it comes down to the size and quality of its reserves and its access to rail and ports.

Kind regards,

Matt
    Jan 20 08:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mount Gibson Iron Offers A Curious Twist On The Mining Sector [View article]
    Hi Stephen

Nice article and interesting take on Mt Gibson. As a former shareholder who exited at the height of the resources bull-market I am not sure whether there is any upside left in Mt Gibson.

Issues around ore quality and mine life as well as access to rail transportation continue to plague the company. When coupled with the governance issues makes it an unattractive play and over-valued at any thing over AUD 0.80 - 0.90.

I also don't like Fortescue and have issues with how the company is managed. My pick for a high risk/high reward play on Australia's iron ore mining sector would be Atlas.

Again thank you for an interesting article.

Kind regards,

CV
    Jan 14 05:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Finding Gold On The Inca Trail: Peru's Compania De Minas Buenaventura [View article]
    Management have continued to make strong moves towards making BVN a lower cost and more profitable miner and adjusting their operating parameters to make operations in a softer precious metals environment more viable. The outlook is quite positive and I believe that gold miners have been oversold. Many remain profitable at the current gold price and with lower capex and better cost control will continue to do so.
    Jan 11 08:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Retracement thank you for the kind words. I agree it is a nice spec play on the price of gold and has found itself caught in a perfect storm. I am in the process of reviewing all of my articles from 2012 to 2013 and writing updates, which will hopefully be published over the next 2 to 3 months. This will also include a review of my picks and the returns to date.
    Jan 10 08:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Karoon Gas An Undervalued Oil & Gas Explorer With Considerable Potential [View article]
    Gast thank you for the feedback. The company has solid speculative potential and the quality of its assets emphasize the upside potential available. Given that I like the majority of analysts have to rely on publicly available information or that provided by the company it is difficult to provide any additional insight.

With regard to providing an easy to read and understand review, the key difficulty is explaining the upside potential of the company and valuing its assets because of their speculative nature. For relatively simple information there is considerable information available on the company website - http://bit.ly/1goPSHY.
    Jan 10 08:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Popps thank you for the kind words and feedback. I agree that Karoon is a an interesting speculative play and has some excellent assets with solid prospects in the Karoon basin. It will be interesting to see how the relationship with Pacific Rubiales plays out.
    Jan 10 08:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lightstream Resources Oversold And Undervalued With Potential Upside In Excess Of 40% [View article]
    aretailguy thankyou for the vote of support and the kind words. I wish I could get it right 100%of the time. I have to respect management but will endeavor to do my best and don't fear I have refocused my efforts on what I know best which is South America and will do what I can to provide.

As for my change in profile and photo it has been a tough month dealing with SA combined with being followed by a Colombian Police patrol and then being asked to pay them for no reason (first time ever in 3 years). Luckily a plain clothes police patrol saw the same and intervened.

It along with a number of other incidents over the last 6 months has left me questioning my passion for Colombia, particularly as I live here and have no desire or ever have participated in the usual activities available to foreigners. So I just felt it better to put it out there as to who I am and what I do.
    Jan 7 01:39 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment