Caiman Valores

View Caiman Valores' Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • PNC Financial: A Regional Bank Deserving Greater Investor Attention [View article]
    Thanks tradewin will take a look.
    Jan 2, 2013. 09:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Reasons To Buy This $7 Financial Stock [View article]
    wdjax that is highly likely, the government has already been applying pressure to the privately owned banks to make credit cheaper as a means of boosting economic growth along with giving the government controlled institutions more favorable operating conditions.
    Dec 30, 2012. 06:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BHP Billiton: A Better Value Proposition Over Vale [View article]
    Hi Bob can you let me know why BBL is a better choice for investors than BHP on the NYSE? I have looked very closely at both and can't see the difference especially when both are with holding free for U.S. investors?
    Dec 29, 2012. 09:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BHP Billiton: A Better Value Proposition Over Vale [View article]
    Col I would prefer to invest in Atlas over FMG, I don't have very much confidence in Forrest or the company's management, but they do hold some very good assets.
    Dec 29, 2012. 09:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Does The Rebound In Iron Ore Prices Make Vale An Attractive Investment? [View article]
    Bax I agree and a tough stock to call. Feliz nuevo anos mi amigo! Tener muy bien 2013!
    Dec 29, 2012. 07:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thomas thank you for the comment and additional information. I am not an iron ore bull and there is so much conflicting information regarding where the price will settle. I am agreeing with those analysts who are forecasting $90 to $100 PMT.
    Dec 28, 2012. 11:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BHP Billiton: A Better Value Proposition Over Vale [View article]
    Seth nice considered call. I am waiting to see Col's response before but you have brought an interesting view to the argument. Personally I'd never invest in FMG but I'd like to see some deeper analysis myself of the second tier iron ore players in Australia.
    Dec 27, 2012. 10:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Mkt I don't know that is the point were all wrestling with and which Vincent is raising above. It is a hard company to pick a price on at the moment and it all boils down to are you an iron ore bear or a bull?
    Dec 27, 2012. 10:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Looking Beyond The Hype To Find Citigroup's Fair Value [View article]
    clam thank you for the feedback, I try to take an unbiased approach when analyzing a company but I must admit my original view on C was not particularly positive until I had completed the analysis and the numbers illustrated otherwise. I would agree with your view on BAC and in my analysis I determined a fair value of around $11. At this time I really like WFC and PNC and believe there is value in both banks for investors. I am in the process of working up analysis on a number of U.S regional banks, with that segment of the banking industry producing some surprising results.
    Dec 21, 2012. 09:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Sat I will look into that and get back to you shortly. I will need to take a closer look at how the warrants operate and the exercise conditions.
    Dec 20, 2012. 11:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Colombia: Poised To Reach Its Economic Potential [View article]
    pLSH there is some information available on the Invest In Colombia website http://bit.ly/SyVYy6 and also if you are looking to transfer the money to Bancolombia their is information on the mechanics of transferring money to them on their website http://bit.ly/TUKpfK.

I will also do some digging and make some enquiries for you and see what I can find out with regard to the official guidelines. I know it can be a little difficult to navigate, with the bureaucratic requirements some times difficult to navigate, setting up my bank account in Colombia was quite difficult. It may take me a little longer than usual to find the additional information because I have just arrived in Bogota (2 days ago) after an extended overseas visit.
    Dec 16, 2012. 08:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    My pleasure, also thank you for bringing up the point about trading volumes, this is quite important when considering smaller banks. I must admit I do tend to ignore things like liquidity and trading indicators because of my focus on fundamentals and I will be focusing on adding that details to future articles.
    Dec 15, 2012. 12:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    tradewin, initially I was quite skeptical about regional U.S. banks, but after completing the analysis on USB and now PNC it appears that there is some solid value to be found in the industry.

All of PNC's risk and performance indicators are at the top of the acceptable range and what I really liked about the bank was its solid balance sheet. I also like its acquisition strategy and thought using the TARP money to acquire another regional bank was a very intelligent move and quite cheeky.

Once I have finished some articles on Latam resource stocks I am going to work up some more analysis on other regional banks.
    Dec 15, 2012. 11:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Colombia: Poised To Reach Its Economic Potential [View article]
    pLSh I have found it quite simple to transfer money from O/S into a Colombia bank account, with the fees and exchange rates applied equivalent to transferring funds to any other international destination. There are a variety of regulations that impact on money transfers and these will also be affected by your immigration status, the purpose of the money and your connection to the account that it is destined for. If you wish to discuss further please send me a message.
    Dec 15, 2012. 04:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Tradewin thank you for the feedback. I plan to keep working my way through the regional U.S. commercial banks. If there are any specific banks you would like covered please let me know.
    Dec 13, 2012. 03:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment