California Dividend Bull

View California Dividend Bull's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Analysis: Value message not enough at McDonald's [View news story]
    Whatever a "value message" is supposed to be (is it for patrons or shareholders), although I'm a big fan of my MCD shares we don't go there as frequently anymore as we used to. The menu is fad, the service bad and the crowds too big. So if I don't go to the McDonald's joint because there are too many people, I can't see any severe problems anytime soon with the revenue which in turn will most likely contribute for me keep on loving the stock ;-)
    Jun 16, 2014. 03:09 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Target looks to cut bureaucracy [View news story]
    And how exactly is moving to another floor speeding up decision making? The elevator takes how many seconds to get there? Just kidding, but why on earth would you spread your inner circle over several floors in the first place?
    Jun 10, 2014. 10:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lockheed Martin expects another F-35 contract [View news story]
    Unfortunately this is true. As a tax paying citizen I don't like it but as an LMT shareholder I do... What a dilemma!
    Jun 10, 2014. 10:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Retail gadfly Standpoint Research back at it [View news story]
    without trying to slide into the political discussion but IMO it's the government's fault to offer such incentives for so many folks. If people would not be able to fall back into a social net that wide, they would take better care of who they work for and would fight for their rights. Have look at Europe, if people feel they're beeing treated unfair, they go on strike and organzie all klinds of resistance until the comps they work for and the local politicans meet their demands (at least the half way that is).

Since I moved over the pond I've always wondered why Americans don't fight for anything (except for "bringing democracy" to countries where that word can't be found in any dictionary).
    May 28, 2014. 04:37 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • ISS recommends upheaval with Target board [View news story]
    nice, I just voted five minutes before I received this email...
    May 28, 2014. 02:21 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Retail gadfly Standpoint Research back at it [View news story]
    In German there's a standard answer to all folks complaining about their low-pay low-skill jobs: "Haettest mal was gescheites gelernt!". Means "you should have learned a real profession/skill!"
    May 28, 2014. 10:07 AM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • U.S. cuts estimate of recoverable Monterey Shale oil by 96% [View news story]
    Righ on trinh! If I want to read about the Obama bin Laden administration I go to CNN. Here we want to know how to make the best of our leftover money after every dollar we make has been taxed three times.
    May 23, 2014. 12:52 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tidbits from PepsiCo CEO Indra Nooyi [View news story]
    drP79: exactly my thought too! I wonder why it took the general public so long to finally realize that diet soda is one of the biggest money making scams over the last three decades. Either I want to taste cola or I drink water. IMO it's that simply. Having said that, why on Earth would the CEO of the biggest beverage producer out there not know what hundreds of scientist have prooven all along over and over?
    May 19, 2014. 12:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Are The Implications Of Bill Gates Potentially Selling Off All His Microsoft Stock? [View article]
    Thorwing 20m shares each month into the market looks a little bit like the fed's QE programs over the last years. The market has got kinda used to it but what will happen when that flow eventually slows or stops? I can't see any real answers on that issue by the author. Long MSFT
    May 8, 2014. 12:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Biglari rejected again at Cracker Barrel [View news story]
    I voted against the takeover. Bought my CBRL shares for the way the company is set up right now. Don't like any greedy hedge fund firm fumbling around with a decent business model.
    Apr 23, 2014. 08:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Can Lockheed Martin Sustain Its Dividend? [View article]
    Same here. Bought for ~$90 and sold some @ $160. Yesterday I read about cuts in the US and Italy, today Australia and South Korea are increasing their orders. Can't find any troubles here ;-)

And as 45cal said above: the F35 is not the only product this fine company has in the market. There are several dozen other moneymakers. I might be mistake but I guess it's like DGI itself: the most boring things are the ones that make you the most money while the hype of the day is a sucker every day.
    Apr 23, 2014. 08:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Can Lockheed Martin Sustain Its Dividend? [View article]
    I'm not sure about the impact of those cuts. Pretty much every of these contractors had to take cuts of some kind during the last decades. I wouldn't say they are too big to fail, but I'm confident that the management knows what to expect from its customers and such cuts are not at all unforeseeable. IMO the good thing is that LMT and Boeing for instance are much better diversified than other peers like NOC or RTN. Everybody was dooming LMT to go under two years ago when the sequestration cuts came into effect. The stock didn't care and almost doubled ;-)
    Apr 21, 2014. 03:36 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Periodic Table Of Dividend Champions [View article]
    David's approach is interesting and has its charme but since when do DG investors need anything "quick at hand"? Aren't we supposed to do our dilligence in due time instead of trading on the most recent market blimp ;-)

I for my part usually take four weeks before I decide on which stock to buy next because this is the cycle of two cleared paychecks and thus fresh funds being available.
    Apr 2, 2014. 06:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Well Is Altria Addressing Its Main Business Risk? [View article]
    Really curious how this one will look like five years down the road. I think similar things can be said about fast food and sweet beverage producers: more severe legislation, generally healthier attitude of the people in the developed countries etc. In all those cases I'm pretty confident that managements are smart enough to look beyond their horizons and find out new ways to churn out profits. Hell, these guys together are being paid billions every year, there's gotta be a smart one around who can see more than the obvious ;-)

Long MO, MCD, PEP, KO
    Mar 25, 2014. 06:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Incentives don't kick in for Coca-Cola [View news story]
    Agree with the comments about this poor guy but on the other hand I'm actually glad that the incentives described in his contract actually seem to be truly connected to the firm's performance. I'm so tired of seeing CEOs being nicely compensated for underperforming. If my job performance would be mediocre or worse I wouldn't get that raise every other year so why should they...
    Mar 12, 2014. 03:49 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment