Canadian Dividend Growth Investor

View Canadian Dividend Growth Investor's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 5 Dividend Companies With 10-15% Growth [View article]
    Ah, that's right. I missed lots of important things. Thanks for pointing them out!
    May 24, 2015. 01:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Dividend Companies With 10-15% Growth [View article]
    And thanks for your comment, Timmies. Can you elaborate on CMI's NG development?
    May 23, 2015. 10:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Dividend Companies With 10-15% Growth [View article]
    Rnsmth, I'm sure there are others I missed.

Here we go:
    Company--Market Cap--Yield--S&P Credit Rating--* Est. Earnings Growth
    Apple (Nasdaq:AAPL)--756.9B-...

Apple has just been an amazing company, but other than its iPhones, iMacs, Macbook Pros, and iTunes, I don't know much about the company...or does that pretty much sums up their products?
    May 23, 2015. 10:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Dividend Companies With 10-15% Growth [View article]
    Packer, thanks.
    May 23, 2015. 10:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Dividend Companies With 10-15% Growth [View article]
    Gwmson, thanks for sharing your list.
    May 23, 2015. 10:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Dividend Companies With 10-15% Growth [View article]
    BoomBoom, Enbridge and Kinder Morgan are core holdings of mine. I have a small position in InterPipeline as well, but I'm most bullish on Enbridge out of the three. This is reflected in that it has the biggest weight of the 3.
    May 23, 2015. 01:38 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Dividend Companies With 10-15% Growth [View article]
    2000, if I were starting a position on a company, I'm usually more relaxed on its entry criterion vs. adding. So, I started a position in UNP around 108..and of course it always drops further after I buy. :p

Thanks, I'm happy you enjoyed the article.
    May 23, 2015. 01:36 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Dividend Companies With 10-15% Growth [View article]
    Gwmson, which pipelines do you prefer (if you don't mind sharing)? :)
    May 23, 2015. 01:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Unlikely Cornerstone Of A Long-Term REIT Portfolio [View article]
    Tim, I like your articles, but if you could just add some bolded subheadings in your writing, you'll make it that much better. :)

Long VTR as a core holding
    May 20, 2015. 03:23 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividends At A Reasonable Price: BCE [View article]
    Faye, looks like you got a plan easing into Telus and BCE. Have fun and good luck with that! Look forward to your article about the 2 companies.

Cheers, Canadian
    May 20, 2015. 03:13 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividends At A Reasonable Price: BCE [View article]
    Personally, I like Telus with its higher growth, but BCE would look more attractive above 5% yield.
    May 19, 2015. 12:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Warning: Don't Let Market Hype Cause You To Miss This Total Return Opportunity [View article]
    Chuck, thank you for your analysis on JCI. Your articles are always full of useful information.

I wasn't aware that they had Building Efficiency segment, and that their exposure to the automotive sector decreased to 50% from 70% prior to the Great Recession. It's certainly worthy for total return consideration at its current valuation and future prospects.

Best,
    Canadian
    May 19, 2015. 12:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Growth Has Finally Dawned On IBM As It Continues To Transform. [View article]
    Rock, that's what I believe as well. :)
    May 16, 2015. 11:37 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Growth Has Finally Dawned On IBM As It Continues To Transform. [View article]
    Thanks for the numbers, Bahamas. That's another 3% of additional shares.
    May 16, 2015. 01:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Should I Have Followed My Advisor's Advice ? A Look At 4 Year Performance [View article]
    Bob, thanks for the article. Here are my answers to your questions:

<< What did your advisor recommend for your distribution stage portfolio? >>
    I first went to my bank to start with mutual funds, as that's what my mom was accustomed to. Funny thing, the advisor turned out to be a classmate from university, and asked me whether I also wanted to trade individual stocks.

That was also my first exposure to the concept of dollar-cost averaging. At that time, I wondered why you wouldn't wait to buy at a low point. But of course, a point is only low in hindsight.

Let's say the bank makes quite a bit of transaction fees from my trades. I usually only add to core holdings but there are others that I trade around.

I didn't go back to talk to any advisors, as I stumbled on SA in 2012, and never turned back since. I love this community.

<<How are you handling the matter of withdraws from principal during retirement?>>

I haven't thought about this yet, since I'm many years away. I just try to buy companies I like at a value as well as at a good yield (if it pays income).
    May 16, 2015. 12:47 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment