Canadian Dividend Growth Investor

View Canadian Dividend Growth Investor's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Buy The Sector Dips Portfolio: The Industrials Sector [View article]
    Joan, UNP went ahead of its valuations when it hit the $120s. It still went "Choo! Choo! Choo!" except it was going downhill for awhile. No train always goes up.
    Apr 7, 2015. 12:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy The Sector Dips Portfolio: The Industrials Sector [View article]
    Thanks Dividend Dreams. Good choices.

Best,
    Canadian
    Apr 7, 2015. 12:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy The Sector Dips Portfolio: The Industrials Sector [View article]
    Hi Joey, CAT is experiencing some headwinds as its primary markets, mining and energy aren't doing so well. In the near-term, it may experience more downward pressure.
    Apr 7, 2015. 12:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy The Sector Dips Portfolio: The Industrials Sector [View article]
    ShellVpower, your comments maybe more relevant for short-term traders, which is different from my longer-term view. Nonetheless, thanks for your comments.

Best,
    Canadian
    Apr 7, 2015. 12:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy The Sector Dips Portfolio: The Industrials Sector [View article]
    tx, yep, do what works for you, and I wish you well with your investments.

Cheers,
    Canadian
    Apr 7, 2015. 12:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amid Low Oil Prices, An Investment In Chevron Is Attractive [View article]
    Dale, do you mean folks are selling their Energy holdings?
    Apr 6, 2015. 02:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Overdue' Dividend Increases And Other Streaks In Jeopardy [View article]
    Thanks for the lists, David, and enjoyed reading the comment stream.

I guess I have it easy as a Canadian to hold onto excellent businesses like ENB, 3 of the big 5 Canadian banks, and SU on the TSX.

On a side note, I hold a small position in BAX. Will continue monitoring as the spin-off unfolds.
    Apr 6, 2015. 01:55 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Amid Low Oil Prices, An Investment In Chevron Is Attractive [View article]
    Dale, I agree comparatively, 2008-2009 and 2000-2003 are more fearful periods. Lots of questions to consider.

Currently, writing an article on Industrials. So, no more Energy for now. :)
    Apr 6, 2015. 01:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amid Low Oil Prices, An Investment In Chevron Is Attractive [View article]
    Blackmolly, I agree. Buy when others are fearful. With both CVX and XOM hitting their historical high yields (5-yr high for CVX and 10-yr high for XOM), it's a good time to buy some shares in both dividend champions. Both are expected to raise dividends very soon in May, though I expect the raise to be in low to mid single digit.
    Apr 5, 2015. 05:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amid Low Oil Prices, An Investment In Chevron Is Attractive [View article]
    Thanks Matthew, doing more research on the Brookfields, and so far so good.
    Apr 4, 2015. 11:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amid Low Oil Prices, An Investment In Chevron Is Attractive [View article]
    BoomBoom & Timmies,

I took a quick look at BEP.UN & BIP.UN last night, and both expect to grow distributions in the 5% - 9% range for now. I think one can't go wrong with either company in the long-run.

I will be doing more research on both. So far, I like what I'm seeing, looking at their business models at a high level.

I also looked at BPY.UN, but I already have some other REITs, so I'm leaning more towards BEP.UN and BIP.UN because my portfolio lacks in utilities.
    Apr 4, 2015. 02:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amid Low Oil Prices, An Investment In Chevron Is Attractive [View article]
    Timmies, F.A.S.T. graphs agrees that valuation-wise, BEP.UN is better valued than BIP.UN right now.
    Apr 4, 2015. 02:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amid Low Oil Prices, An Investment In Chevron Is Attractive [View article]
    BoomBoom,

Thanks for sharing your experience with BIP.UN, and knowledge about BIP.UN and BEP.UN! It's very important to place investments in the right accounts for tax purposes. So, thanks for chiming in.

Best,
    Canadian
    Apr 4, 2015. 01:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amid Low Oil Prices, An Investment In Chevron Is Attractive [View article]
    Hey Matthew, my research shows BIP.UN pays out US dividends, and is it a MLP? Do you get the full dividend if you buy it in the RRSP or it doesn't matter because it's a Canadian ticker? It'd be great if you could shed some light on that.

Thanks,
    Canadian
    Apr 3, 2015. 02:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amid Low Oil Prices, An Investment In Chevron Is Attractive [View article]
    Thanks Matthew, I will add them to the list for research.

Cheerios