Canadian Dividend Growth Investor

View Canadian Dividend Growth Investor's Comments BY TICKER:
  • I Am A Dividend Growth Investor. I Want Dividends, Growth, And Dividend Growth [View article]
    BoomBoom, I didn't know NOBL holdings are equal weight to begin with. That's good to know. Do you know how regularly it gets rebalanced? Is it every quarter or annually?
    Sep 25, 2014. 10:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Timmies, is it just me, or is it harder to find higher growth companies selling at a discount? I don't follow too many higher growth companies, but the ones I do follow have been showing 3-star on Morningstar.com
    Sep 25, 2014. 10:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Chowder, I did buy them. Last time I checked, SBUX is up a bit and V is around break-even point. After this almost 1 year of not much movement, I probably should have bought V at a lower price before dipping in. Then again, I go easier on the buy criteria for new additions, and they were new additions to my portfolio.
    Sep 25, 2014. 10:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Afam, interesting analogy in the game of roulette. I personally don't gamble much (except play $5 - 10 bucks on the slot machines each time I'm there haha!) because I'd much rather spend my time learning investing.
    Sep 25, 2014. 10:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Strong Dividend Growth Continues For McDonald's [View article]
    richjoy, thanks for your confirmation! Appreciate it.
    Sep 25, 2014. 03:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you BoomBoom. :) Always nice to read your comments. Have a good night.
    Sep 25, 2014. 03:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Sf. (+) / (-)? I choose the former. :)
    Sep 25, 2014. 03:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Mitul. I think you got some good concepts down. Owning quality stocks lowers downside risk, but one still shouldn't overpay for them (which would increase downside risk). Taking up your financial future in your own hands is a lot of work, and can be scary when starting out, but at the same time it can be very rewarding if you have the interest to learn. It's like a life skill. I'd think you'd rather start early and work with a small amount of money, make mistakes and possibly lose that small amount, than for you to retire and realize you need to take it in your own hands then... So, yes, you'll onto the right path.
    Wish you the best on your investing journey
    - Canadian
    Sep 25, 2014. 03:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hey Timmies, I know. I didn't expect so many comments. lol

For a Canadian utility, I like, voila, Canadian Utilities (TSX:CU), but I'd like it to come down more first...

I want to add more D.UN and start DRG.UN eventually. I don't have enough units of D.UN to DRIP. I wonder if my tax guy will hate me if I bought the REITs in the taxable account... lol
    Sep 25, 2014. 03:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    reata, that's not a bad idea, but I love my dividends.
    Sep 25, 2014. 03:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    haschultz, thanks for sharing your thoughts. One of these days, I'm going to learn how to properly use options...one of these days
    Sep 25, 2014. 03:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    DGI Plan, and thanks for your comment. Let's learn and grow together!
    Sep 25, 2014. 03:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Slick E, I think it depends on how much you're reinvesting and what price it's reinvesting at. It might even be better to accumulate dividends and reinvest the best value and best fit to the portfolio at the time, possibly using "FRIP"ing (if it's available) as utsegodwin mentions below.
    Sep 25, 2014. 03:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Excellent comment Dave. Thanks for typing it up!
    Sep 25, 2014. 03:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Uncle Pie. I love my MCD apple pie.
    Sep 25, 2014. 03:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment