Canadian Dividend Growth Investor

View Canadian Dividend Growth Investor's Comments BY TICKER:
    Bim,

I agree Kinder Morgan is not cheap right now, but I see it as a high quality company selling at fair value. I applaud you and others who are patiently waiting for your target prices before buying. Good luck!

Canadian
    Feb 10, 2015. 01:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Kinder Morgan A Buy Now For A Dividend Growth Investor? [View article]
    Founder, I was thinking along the line of producers reducing production volumes vs. consumers spending more.
    Feb 10, 2015. 01:12 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    DMagman,

"if you believe the company, and they deliver a $2.00 dividend this year, the '2015 yield' is 4.8%" -- good observation
    Feb 10, 2015. 01:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Kinder Morgan A Buy Now For A Dividend Growth Investor? [View article]
    Founder, I think it's likely to be able to grab Kinder Morgan at a higher yield, at least 4.7 to 4.8%, either from price decline or dividend increase(s).
    Feb 10, 2015. 01:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Kinder Morgan A Buy Now For A Dividend Growth Investor? [View article]
    Old Lion, nice catch on KMI at $32! I agree KMI is more attractive and possible to reach $38.
    Feb 10, 2015. 01:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Kinder Morgan A Buy Now For A Dividend Growth Investor? [View article]
    Kgerickson, Morningstar gives KMI a 3-star fair valuation estimate. It would be nice to pick up some more shares when it's rated 4-star.
    Feb 9, 2015. 11:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Kinder Morgan A Buy Now For A Dividend Growth Investor? [View article]
    qwerty, as I mentioned below "The F.A.S.T. Graph shows estimates by consensus analysts, and the data comes from S&P Capital IQ. I simply took a screenshot of the F.A.S.T. Graph. The graph should look better as the oil price improves."
    Feb 9, 2015. 11:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Kinder Morgan A Buy Now For A Dividend Growth Investor? [View article]
    Smurf, just love those growth dividends :)
    Feb 9, 2015. 11:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Kinder Morgan A Buy Now For A Dividend Growth Investor? [View article]
    Golferdood, excellent pick up at $32-33. I certainly like KMI at a higher yield than today before considering to add more.
    Feb 9, 2015. 11:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Kinder Morgan A Buy Now For A Dividend Growth Investor? [View article]
    Booroy, thanks for reading.
    Feb 9, 2015. 11:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Kinder Morgan A Buy Now For A Dividend Growth Investor? [View article]
    Gap, thank you. I agree to accumulate KMI, but I'd like it at a higher yield.
    Feb 9, 2015. 11:44 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Kinder Morgan A Buy Now For A Dividend Growth Investor? [View article]
    DMagman, I like the company too, but it's sitting close to 4.4% yield right now which is still 13+% away from 5%.
    Feb 9, 2015. 11:39 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Kinder Morgan A Buy Now For A Dividend Growth Investor? [View article]
    Sum, thanks. That's the presentation I referenced as well.
    Feb 9, 2015. 11:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi 153972,

"I find the author's graph about cash flow for 2015 to be down 48% to be very pessimistic. I'd be interested in reading how he arrived at this figure."

Thanks for the chance to clarify,
    Canadian
    Feb 9, 2015. 11:32 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Dividend Growth Investing Mindset [View article]
    Good reminders of DGI. "Warren Buffett said that he figured out that while having cheap stocks was nice, buying companies that could produce positive and growing cash flow that he could allocate to other profitable investment opportunities was a much better way to invest." is my biggest takeaway because I've been guilty of buying some cheap stocks for a quick trade...only sometimes it doesn't work out BUT at least still pay a good yield. However, I'd probably feel more at ease buying instead a high quality dividend growth company at a fair price.
    Feb 9, 2015. 11:24 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment