Canadian Dividend Growth Investor

View Canadian Dividend Growth Investor's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Growth Has Finally Dawned On IBM As It Continues To Transform. [View article]
    Thanks for the update, Bahamas.
    May 15, 2015. 07:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What I Am Putting In My Tax-Free Savings Account [View article]
    Yes, 34796245. That's one of my other useful articles that I refer back to from time to time as well. I'm glad you found it helpful. Makes it worth my while to update my blog to be able to help others.
    May 14, 2015. 10:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Growth Has Finally Dawned On IBM As It Continues To Transform. [View article]
    RLLH, it's good you held on to your IBM shares. I'm glad IBM shares the profits with shareholders via a growing dividend. The change is slow, but happening.

Best,
    Canadian
    May 14, 2015. 10:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Growth Has Finally Dawned On IBM As It Continues To Transform. [View article]
    Blueman, don't worry about it. You can't see the other person's face on the internet, so text will sound different from if you actually said it. No harm done at all!

Cheers,
    Canadian
    May 14, 2015. 04:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Growth Has Finally Dawned On IBM As It Continues To Transform. [View article]
    Blueman, regarding the "IBM is the only company that can process billions of tweets a day". I took that from their presentation. I'm sorry some parts of the article sounded like marketing fluff. I tried to talk about the technology in simple terms, as well as being objective. I will continue to do my best in each article.

Thanks again for your comment,
    Canadian
    May 14, 2015. 02:30 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Growth Has Finally Dawned On IBM As It Continues To Transform. [View article]
    Thanks Djsulli. Good luck!
    May 14, 2015. 02:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Growth Has Finally Dawned On IBM As It Continues To Transform. [View article]
    Rose, as usual, I enjoy reading your comments.

Congrats on picking up IBM at the low points. I'm still a bit underwater, (I even bought some in the $190 area!!) so I jumped in too soon, but I'm not worried, as I've averaged down. The shares should do well for us; we just need to hang on. :))

Best,
    Canadian
    May 14, 2015. 02:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Growth Has Finally Dawned On IBM As It Continues To Transform. [View article]
    Alberto, thank you for sharing the link abut IBM's mainframe computers and its usage. It's an interesting read.
    May 14, 2015. 02:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Growth Has Finally Dawned On IBM As It Continues To Transform. [View article]
    Ernie, thank you. Yes, I think that's a fair comment.
    May 14, 2015. 02:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Growth Has Finally Dawned On IBM As It Continues To Transform. [View article]
    Rock, yep, looks like a win-win.
    May 14, 2015. 02:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Growth Has Finally Dawned On IBM As It Continues To Transform. [View article]
    Bahamas, thanks for reading and commenting. It takes time to turn around indeed.
    May 14, 2015. 02:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividends At A Reasonable Price - Part 1 [View article]
    There's always too little funds to go around for our dream lists! lol I'm sure it's better that way, as we should be allocating to the best ideas for our portfolio. :)
    May 13, 2015. 11:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Real Life Examples: The Power Of Compounding Applied To Dividend Stocks [View article]
    Even if they produce the same returns, the purchasing power is lower because everything is becoming more expensive due to inflation.
    May 12, 2015. 03:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividends At A Reasonable Price - Part 1 [View article]
    Inz,

Congrats on reaching financial freedom! Lots of decisions to make, but it's great you got so many possibilities to choose the best one for you and your family's lifestyle.

You got a lot of capital to deploy. It probably feels uneasy with the market reaching its highs. As Chuck says it's a market of stocks, and there are bound to be value to be found.

Here's a few Canadian ones:

I recently learned about NWH.UN from the Canadian SA community. On my initial research, it looks good. It calls itself Canada's Healthcare Landlord, and it's merging with its global counterpart soon that owns medical office buildings and hospitals in Brazil, Germany, and Australasia. NWH.UN yields 9.2% currently, and it looks undervalued on FAST. I just started a position on it yesterday...and it's gotten cheaper today grrr.

Others I like right now are CWB and NPR.UN. They have gone down due to the low oil price. They also look very cheap.

And of course there's ENB, which always look like it's poised for more growth. I know you're familiar with this one. ;)

Look forward to your next article!

Disclosure: Long all the above.

Best,
    Canadian
    May 12, 2015. 03:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • These HealthCare REITs Are Ready For Buying After Up To A 20% Pullback [View article]
    Sir Money, here you can find an investor presentation (pdf) that came out in March 2015 about the combination of NWH.UN and NWI: http://bit.ly/1GRqTh7

...but you probably knew about it already. :)

Canadian