Canadian Dividend Growth Investor

View Canadian Dividend Growth Investor's Comments BY TICKER:
  • A Gem In The Energy Industry: Buying Vermilion Energy For Growth And Income [View article]
    Mountainguy, that's a good question, but which I don't have the answer to. FAST Graphs and Scotia Bank's report don't show that information. I'm not too worried about that though because I believe the oil and natural gas prices are volatile. When they go down and the oil and gas companies' prices go down with them, it's time to pick up the best ones on your watch list. That's my way of thinking anyway..
    Nov 11, 2014. 02:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Pim,

I'm basing this statement: "$10,000 invested in Vermilion 10 years ago would be worth about $75,000 today" on the Morningstar total return chart in the lower end of the article which includes price performance and dividends. ($75,000 - $10,000)/$10,000 = 6.5x

Google Finance shows when VET paid a dividend. I should be more specific to say that Vermilion was an income trust before and paid distributions from 2003 to August 2010, after which it converted to a corporate structure and paid dividends. (See Vermilion's history from 2003 to present: http://bit.ly/1sxVfIF)

Thanks for allowing me to clarify,
    Canadian
    Nov 11, 2014. 02:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Wilco, Vermilion should give a nice, steady price appreciation while giving us a 4% yield to wait. Now, we just need that oil price to go up...

Best,
    Canadian
    Nov 11, 2014. 02:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Atlasman, there's always the battle between supply and demand. Eventually, the cycle will turn again, and there won't be enough supply.
    Nov 11, 2014. 02:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for bringing this up, Michael.
    Nov 11, 2014. 02:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Jimmy, and thanks for dropping by.
    Nov 11, 2014. 01:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    D78, and thanks for reading.
    Nov 11, 2014. 01:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    BoomBoom, thanks I just recently found out about Vermilion Energy when I was researching for Canadian companies which offered DRIPs at a discount for my blog.

It's more cautious to see whether Vermilion will increase dividends in 2015 before considering a purchase if one cares more about the dividend growth. Doesn't hurt to have it on your watch list.

Best,
    CDGI
    Nov 11, 2014. 01:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Stocks for the Long Run,

"I would like them to increase dividends more regularly going forward" -- Yes, me too.

"do not forget the impact of the Corrib gas field on their cash flow...I think it is scheduled to come online by mid next year." -- Yes, you're right. It's expected to come online mid-2015.

"Unless oil prices remain at depressed levels for an extended period of time, I think VET will give shareholders capital appreciation in the mid-teens or better over the next few years." -- Agreed.
    Nov 11, 2014. 01:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Randy, here are all Vermilion Energy's areas of operations: http://bit.ly/1xftJaJ
    Nov 11, 2014. 01:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Bill.
    Nov 10, 2014. 08:20 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I Am A Dividend Growth Investor. I Want Dividends, Growth, And Dividend Growth [View article]
    RAS, you're welcome. Just making it convenient for myself and others. :)

Best,
    Canadian
    Nov 7, 2014. 12:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Par and RAS, I wrote an article about "Foreign Dividends with No Withholding Tax - Companies List" here: http://bit.ly/1uO6RZJ

I will continue to update the post as needed.

Cheers,
    Canadian
    Nov 6, 2014. 09:59 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Oil Companies Sensitive To The Oil Price Decline And Those That Are Not [View article]
    ainjibi, you're very welcome. :)
    Nov 6, 2014. 04:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    godalmightee, that's a nice list you got there, but how many of those can be purchased on the US exchanges? I only know about RDS.B that can be bought with no withholding tax on the dividend.
    Oct 29, 2014. 02:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment