Canadian Dividend Growth Investor

View Canadian Dividend Growth Investor's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Is Kinder Morgan A Buy Now For A Dividend Growth Investor? [View article]
    Founder, I think it's likely to be able to grab Kinder Morgan at a higher yield, at least 4.7 to 4.8%, either from price decline or dividend increase(s).
    Feb 10, 2015. 01:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Kinder Morgan A Buy Now For A Dividend Growth Investor? [View article]
    Old Lion, nice catch on KMI at $32! I agree KMI is more attractive and possible to reach $38.
    Feb 10, 2015. 01:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Kinder Morgan A Buy Now For A Dividend Growth Investor? [View article]
    Kgerickson, Morningstar gives KMI a 3-star fair valuation estimate. It would be nice to pick up some more shares when it's rated 4-star.
    Feb 9, 2015. 11:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Kinder Morgan A Buy Now For A Dividend Growth Investor? [View article]
    qwerty, as I mentioned below "The F.A.S.T. Graph shows estimates by consensus analysts, and the data comes from S&P Capital IQ. I simply took a screenshot of the F.A.S.T. Graph. The graph should look better as the oil price improves."
    Feb 9, 2015. 11:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Kinder Morgan A Buy Now For A Dividend Growth Investor? [View article]
    Smurf, just love those growth dividends :)
    Feb 9, 2015. 11:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Kinder Morgan A Buy Now For A Dividend Growth Investor? [View article]
    Golferdood, excellent pick up at $32-33. I certainly like KMI at a higher yield than today before considering to add more.
    Feb 9, 2015. 11:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Kinder Morgan A Buy Now For A Dividend Growth Investor? [View article]
    Booroy, thanks for reading.
    Feb 9, 2015. 11:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Kinder Morgan A Buy Now For A Dividend Growth Investor? [View article]
    Gap, thank you. I agree to accumulate KMI, but I'd like it at a higher yield.
    Feb 9, 2015. 11:44 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Kinder Morgan A Buy Now For A Dividend Growth Investor? [View article]
    DMagman, I like the company too, but it's sitting close to 4.4% yield right now which is still 13+% away from 5%.
    Feb 9, 2015. 11:39 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Kinder Morgan A Buy Now For A Dividend Growth Investor? [View article]
    Sum, thanks. That's the presentation I referenced as well.
    Feb 9, 2015. 11:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Kinder Morgan A Buy Now For A Dividend Growth Investor? [View article]
    Hi 153972,

"I find the author's graph about cash flow for 2015 to be down 48% to be very pessimistic. I'd be interested in reading how he arrived at this figure."

Thanks for the chance to clarify,
    Canadian
    Feb 9, 2015. 11:32 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Dividend Growth Investing Mindset [View article]
    Good reminders of DGI. "Warren Buffett said that he figured out that while having cheap stocks was nice, buying companies that could produce positive and growing cash flow that he could allocate to other profitable investment opportunities was a much better way to invest." is my biggest takeaway because I've been guilty of buying some cheap stocks for a quick trade...only sometimes it doesn't work out BUT at least still pay a good yield. However, I'd probably feel more at ease buying instead a high quality dividend growth company at a fair price.
    Feb 9, 2015. 11:24 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Reviewing The Core Holdings In My Whistler Income And Growth Portfolio: Q3 2014 Update [View article]
    Edge Water, from what I've read, it only makes sense to contribute to the RRSP if you lower your tax bracket after the contribution. That means it only makes sense to contribute to the RRSP if you're at a high tax bracket. Sadly, I didn't know this when I first made my contributions. Further, US dividends don't get the 15% withholding tax in the RRSP.

Thus, for the younger investor, it's logical to contribute to the TFSA first. Canadian REITs make a good contribution to the TFSA because they're generally higher yield, pay monthly, and a hassle to deal with tax-wise if held in non-registered account. That said, most Canadian REITs I'm following are fully valued currently. One might still buy some for its monthly distribution though.

And of course Canadian eligible dividends are taxed favourably in the non-registered account.
    Feb 9, 2015. 05:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ann's Simple Income Investing Strategy [View article]
    BoomBoom, as always, there are exceptions to what is said. I'm glad I got out of TransAlta (1911) (a company listed in one of the slides) when I did with no loss of capital. But it was partly based on luck. Just shows that even companies with long history can run into trouble.

And one has to wonder why they created the slides in CAPS. Anyhow, it was a nice overview. Thanks for sharing the "Beating the TSX" strategy.
    Feb 9, 2015. 05:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • McDonald's Versus Starbucks: Income Or Growth? [View article]
    Dave, I have the same experience here in Western Canada. I feel most of the time, SBUX employees are friendlier, too. MCD employees are sometimes friendly and sometimes not.

Long MCD & SBUX as of commenting