Canadian Dividend Growth Investor

View Canadian Dividend Growth Investor's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why Building A Cash Position For My Dividend Income Portfolio Makes Sense [View article]
    Momintn,

In case I'm not clear in my article. I didn't indicate anywhere to sell what people already bought. In fact, I'm keeping my current portfolio as it is. I'm just not buying anything for awhile and building my cash reserve. I might take a bite if I see a really good opportunity in a blue chip dividend grower I really want.

Cheers,
    Canadian
    Oct 9 01:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    SDS,

Thanks for the article, and thanks for dropping by.

Canadian
    Oct 9 01:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Thoughts About “Stay 100% Investing” [View instapost]
    SDS,

Nice article as a reminder to have some cash on hand. Also helps to have a dividend portfolio that generates some cash for manual deployment.

Cheers,
    Canadian
    Oct 9 01:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Vertical Spread,

Thanks for commenting.

As I mentioned in a previous comment, I have no trouble buying. I just have trouble holding cash lol That's why I'm currently almost fully invested. I'm also not afraid to take small bites in opportunities of sector wide pullbacks or individual company pullbacks on earnings releases (if I believe the company is still fundamentally sound).

Canadian
    Oct 9 01:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Momintn,

There are always some good company on sale in the market. If you're sitting on lots of cash, don't be afraid to take small bites.

Canadian
    Oct 9 01:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Eansor,

I believe Mr. Buffett keeps some handy cash on hand all the time. I have no trouble buying when something drops. (I bought some Canadian Telecom on the 10%+ drop) BUT, I do have trouble holding cash. That's why I'm setting a goal to accumulate 5% of cash first.

I just updated my blog on the October 2013 watchlist of dividend growth stocks located here:

I'll sit on my hands for now though. I need to stick to my words after all...but if there's a really good opportunity, I might just take a small bite. :p

Cheers,
    Canadian
    Oct 9 01:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Calculating A Stock's Fair Value Based On Future Growth Expectations: Part 2A [View article]
    Chuck,

Through this article, I learned a new way to think with FAST graphs. You actually brought my attention to Ross Stores in one of your articles early this year. After looking at FAST graphs and doing more research on it, I bought some shares and they're up nicely. It looks like a good company to hold for the long term. I want to thank you for all you do, and appreciate your time in writing these educational articles and expanding features on FAST graphs.

Keep them coming ~
    Canadian
    Sep 28 01:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Before Buying A Dividend Growth Stock: Things To Do [View article]
    Larry,

I already have instructions from above. Basically, you need to get a Google account if you don't have one already. Then, create a spreadsheet in your Google Drive as I have stated in the article. Next, you input into the spreadsheet the information you want to see using the formulas I provided in the table in the article.

In this article, I have all the information you need to create my spreadsheet example.

Hope this helps,
    Canadian
    Sep 21 04:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Before Buying A Dividend Growth Stock: Things To Do [View article]
    BoomBoom,

"I could have sworn Morningstar.com converted the CDN listings from $CND to $US in their data."

I suppose the change was made cuz people complained about that. :p
    I'm glad it is how it is now.

CDGI
    Sep 21 03:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Before Buying A Dividend Growth Stock: Things To Do [View article]
    BoomBoom,

Actually, for a Canadian company listed on both the NYSE and TSE, you can choose the stock exchange you want to view from the autocomplete (after you type in say "BNS", you can choose the one that is for "NYSE" or "Toronto"). The latter displays the price and fair value in Canadian dollars.

Canadian
    Sep 20 01:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Before Buying A Dividend Growth Stock: Things To Do [View article]
    gators,

Personally, I would only sell if what I own goes way overvalued. It also depends on other factors too, such as if the holding was meant for capital gain or dividend growth in the first place, and how fast the earnings are growing, etc.

Canadian
    Sep 18 02:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Before Buying A Dividend Growth Stock: Things To Do [View article]
    I like the Chowder Rule too!
    Sep 18 02:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Before Buying A Dividend Growth Stock: Things To Do [View article]
    Thanks astarr.
    Sep 18 02:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Before Buying A Dividend Growth Stock: Things To Do [View article]
    Louverture, yep, for a value investor, it's essential to start with valuation and fundamentals. Thanks for pointing out about the Dividend Champions and Graham number. For ones who don't know, they're maintained in the list of Dividend Champions, Contenders, and Challengers by David Fish who's also a Seeking Alpha contributor.
    Sep 18 02:51 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Before Buying A Dividend Growth Stock: Things To Do [View article]
    mjwrona,

Thanks for the additional resource.

Canadian