Canadian Dividend Growth Investor

View Canadian Dividend Growth Investor's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Book Review: The Single Best Investment - Creating Wealth With Dividend Growth [View article]
    Chips, thanks for your comment.
    Mar 25 01:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    RP, looks like you got a system that works for you. Keep doing what works, and look for areas of improvement. Good luck with your Pharma holdings. :)

CDGI
    Mar 25 01:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Do I Do With My Stocks If The Market Crashes? Part 1 [View article]
    chowder,

"Not counting dividends, VFC is up 92% from my sell price." Yes, but that's because VFC is super duper overvalued now vs. just overvalued when you sold it. (looking at FAST graphs anyway)
    Mar 21 09:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Retirement Strategy: When Should We Sell Stocks From Our Portfolio? [View article]
    geekette,

For your Required Minimum Distribution, you do not need to take out cash by selling your shares. Instead, you can transfer shares from your retirement account to your taxable account by the Required Minimum Distribution.
    Mar 5 01:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Reduce Risk Of Buying A Lower Quality Company For A Higher Yield And Return [View article]
    richjoy, looks like the earnings release didn't affect the price too much. DLR can get quite volatile, so investors who are thinking of going long would need to be more mentally prepared for a rougher ride.
    Feb 26 02:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    jerryki, I haven't done options before, but your examples are probably useful for someone who knows about it. Thanks for sharing!
    Feb 26 02:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • PepsiCo Yields 3.24%, But That's Not The Important Part [View article]
    maybenot, well, PEP's 15% increase this time is making up for the smaller increase from the previous year's. (2013 increase: ~5.5%; 2014 increase: 15%; That is, 10.4% annual increase for 2 years.)
    Feb 16 01:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    User, I think you have a good strategy, which requires patience. You certainly bought DLR at a margin of safety. This article actually didn't get that many comments. 1/3 of the comments are mine lol
    Feb 15 01:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Adding High Growth Core Holdings To Strengthen My Dividend Growth Portfolio [View article]
    Thanks Timmies. I know it's impossible to pick the bottom, but still feel I could've saved a few bucks. Coulda, shoulda, woulda...
    Feb 15 12:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Eric. I have some QCOM, ROST, and UNP. I'll check out the other names.
    Feb 14 02:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks GE. I added a little bit to Royal Bank -- though a little too soon in the dip. (I still need to work on my patience!)
    Feb 13 11:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    kolpin, it's always nice to hear others holding the same stocks. Thanks for sharing. I will check out those companies.
    Feb 13 11:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I also saw a really long lineup at Starbucks in Target the other day. Maybe it was tea *ahem* coffee time.
    Feb 13 11:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Mike,

CNI is on my watch list. I will check out CVS. Thanks for the suggestions!
    Feb 13 11:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Interesting picks. Hope it works well for the both of us. :)
    Feb 13 11:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment