Canadian Dividend Growth Investor

View Canadian Dividend Growth Investor's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Is Union Pacific A Buy After The Q2 Earnings Release? [View article]
    Gio, it's good to be patient and cautious.
    Jul 23, 2015. 11:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Union Pacific A Buy After The Q2 Earnings Release? [View article]
    286, thank you for reading. I know I am not good at timing my buys so dollar-cost averaging is a great way to accumulate shares in a quality company over time.
    Jul 23, 2015. 11:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Union Pacific A Buy After The Q2 Earnings Release? [View article]
    Timmies, it's always safer to buy with a margin of safety. And honestly, patience is an art I'm still practicing to improve. ;)

I hold small positions in CNR and CP as well. With UNP (or any other US stock), it's just painful to convert Canadian dollars to USD right now.
    Jul 23, 2015. 11:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Union Pacific A Buy After The Q2 Earnings Release? [View article]
    Guy, I agree the dividend wouldn't increase as fast as before, but a 10% growth is still reasonable. So, it depends if investors think that 10% growth is enough or whatever growth number you end up with in your estimates.
    Jul 23, 2015. 11:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Union Pacific A Buy After The Q2 Earnings Release? [View article]
    Glss, yes, my assumption includes comparing this recent drop to my initial buy price. My other assumption is a long-term investment in a quality company, without the intention to sell the shares. As a result, the lower price today implies higher returns. Don't we all need to make assumptions or estimations when we make any investments?
    Jul 23, 2015. 11:38 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Union Pacific A Buy After The Q2 Earnings Release? [View article]
    SENSE, true that there are many quality companies to choose from. Makes sense to me.
    Jul 23, 2015. 11:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Dividend Champion At A Discount: Emerson Electric Co. [View article]
    DS, thanks for the info. :)
    Jul 22, 2015. 07:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinder Morgan Inc Is Doing Exactly What I Bought It To Do [View article]
    Rose, sounds like sensible investing to me. :)
    Jul 22, 2015. 10:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Dividend Champion At A Discount: Emerson Electric Co. [View article]
    BoomBoom, thanks for bringing up the discussion on ETN's dividend. I'm sure Canadian investors would thank you for that.

Regarding NFI, I haven't looked at it in detail, but on initial research, it has cut its dividend before. That said, going forward, it looks like it's poised for growth. I'll need to look at it in more detail when I have a clearer mind. (Almost time for bed.)
    Jul 22, 2015. 02:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinder Morgan Inc Is Doing Exactly What I Bought It To Do [View article]
    Anasazi, "He putting a hell of a lot more money somewhere else..??" Yep, that makes sense. Diversification, right?
    Jul 21, 2015. 12:14 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinder Morgan Inc Is Doing Exactly What I Bought It To Do [View article]
    Tone,

You got some good concepts for long-term investment there.

Interesting you mention about EMR, as I also wrote about it on the same day: http://seekingalpha.co...
    Jul 21, 2015. 11:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinder Morgan Inc Is Doing Exactly What I Bought It To Do [View article]
    G, I'm guessing it's the way the charts are programmed differently to be drawn. *shrugs* It's still better to use any charts as an aid than not to use any. :)
    Jul 21, 2015. 11:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinder Morgan Inc Is Doing Exactly What I Bought It To Do [View article]
    Ephud, "they are NOT reinvesting their dividends. I assume reinvesting would show up there as purchases, but we don't see them. So what's a small purchase compared to diverting dividends?"

Maybe they're not reinvesting the dividends because they want to choose when and how much to buy. Who knows?
    Jul 21, 2015. 11:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Dividend Champion At A Discount: Emerson Electric Co. [View article]
    Some of you have mentioned about ETN. Comparing EMR and ETN at an initial level, I see ETN going forward with a higher earnings growth than EMR, but EMR has historically been priced at a premium P/E while ETN hasn't. Also EMR has a S&P credit rating of A and lower debt levels. Perhaps the solution is to be long both.
    Jul 21, 2015. 01:46 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Dividend Champion At A Discount: Emerson Electric Co. [View article]
    Sleuth, thanks for the added information. :)
    Jul 21, 2015. 01:44 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment