Canadian Dividend Growth Investor

View Canadian Dividend Growth Investor's Comments BY TICKER:
  • These HealthCare REITs Are Ready For Buying After Up To A 20% Pullback [View article]
    Cash King, for sure, in time, HCP will be up again.
    May 2, 2015. 04:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Hardog, seems to be the case indeed.
    May 2, 2015. 04:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Sir Money and Beabaggage,

First time I heard of those names. Thanks for sharing! They are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange. If not listed on the US exchanges, it's much harder to get published on SA. Maybe OTC market ones are ok, but I haven't tried.

Just whizzing them through quicky, NWH.UN has gone done and stayed down in price since April 2013. Will need to do some research on why though.
    May 2, 2015. 04:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Freedom Bravo, that's a lot of shares. Good luck!
    Canadian
    May 2, 2015. 03:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Doug, thanks for reading and commenting. In the long-term, VTR will do nicely for us.

Cheerios,
    CDG
    May 2, 2015. 03:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Just Added ITC Holdings, A Wide-Moat, High-Growth Utility To My Core Income Growth Portfolio [View article]
    Earthtodan, thank you for sharing your insight.
    May 2, 2015. 03:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Also, ITC's allowed ROE is 13.88%, still 3.88% higher than the state-regulated utilities. Although there is risk that the allowed ROE could continue to lower, the chance of it slipping under 10% is small.
    May 1, 2015. 02:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    User 447425,

I think I answered a part of your question in response to George above.

In 2014, ITC started to roll out a 5-year capital investment plan of $4.5 billion from 2014 to 2018. For example, in 2014, "ITC delivered $794 million of capital investments, led by the completion of the Kansas V-Plan project at our ITC Great Plains subsidiary and significant progress on the Thumb Loop project at our ITCTransmission subsidiary." - source: http://bit.ly/1Pcq8hO

Earnings should improve as the projects come into fruition, while shareholders need to be patient as the business grows in time.

Canadian
    May 1, 2015. 02:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    George,

Thanks for the question. I'm going to quote Morningstar on this: "We expect earnings growth to drop to about 10% annually during the next five years as ITC grows larger, incremental projects come in with lower allowed ROEs."

Thanks,
    Canadian
    May 1, 2015. 02:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Sheepdip,

I think you mean the ticker AQN. Thanks for the names. I've looked into ACO.X at a high level before, and looks like a good utility. It looks about fairly valued right now.

Canadian
    May 1, 2015. 02:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi Philipson,

No problem at all. That's what the SA community is for.

Morningstar.com shows at least some of the funds which hold a certain company.

Scroll down to "Equity Ownership":

Hope this helps,
    Canadian
    Apr 30, 2015. 05:37 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What I Am Putting In My Tax-Free Savings Account [View article]
    Thanks Inz! Here's the official release by the government saying Canadians can immediately take advantage of the proposed $10k TFSA annual limit: http://bit.ly/1DDBOF5
    Apr 27, 2015. 01:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • What I Am Putting In My Tax-Free Savings Account [View article]
    Toronto Gal, I do share some of my findings on Motley Fool: http://bit.ly/1DDBnuj

However with that long list of articles, it's hard to tell which are the top ideas. But I already mentioned a couple in this comment stream: TSX:CWB and TSX:NPR.UN

I specifically write about the top ideas (Canadian and US) in my SA premium service as well.

Else, investors can always refer to the Canadian Dividend All Star List that I linked above. I find it fun to do your own research anyway and it's a joy when you find a gem. :)

Hope this helps,
    Canadian
    Apr 27, 2015. 01:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What I Am Putting In My Tax-Free Savings Account [View article]
    BoomBoom and On2Freedom,

Last time I checked, Seeking Alpha wouldn't publish solely Canadian stocks articles unless they're relevant to the US as well; a stock that's listed on the TSX and NYSE would suffice as long as there's original analysis on the company that would apply to both sides. Majority of SA readership are here for the US stocks after all.

So, I think it'd be challenging to get an article series on CDG30 to be published on SA, even though it's a great idea. That's one reason why I created my premium service which includes Canadian DG stocks.

I do maintain a portfolio of US DG stocks and Canadian DG stocks. BoomBoom mentioned the Canadian Dividend All Star List with companies that have increased dividends for 5+ calendar years. http://bit.ly/10Whlhb

I filter that list down to see which is a good buy at the present time and I also explore other companies, mostly dividend players. And I get ideas from you guys, too!
    Apr 25, 2015. 08:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dale's Super 7 Dividend Aristocrat And Achievers Portfolio Core [View article]
    Dale,

I like that your dividend growth index skimming strategy is quick, easy, and simple. I actually do something similar at times...to see the top 10 holdings of certain ETFs. But I use multiple valuation tools to see which ones are at a better value and then decide if I need more of that in my portfolio. It's fun to do, too.

Cheers,