Canadian Dividend Growth Investor

View Canadian Dividend Growth Investor's Comments BY TICKER:
  • What I'm Doing With My Kinder Morgan Shares As A Dividend Growth Investor [View article]
    siestadreamer, I believe rising interest rates will affect all high-yielding stocks...at least initially. Check out slide 8 of the Kinder Morgan Aug 10, 2014 presentation to see the Benefits of a C-Corp for KMI. (the presentation link: http://bit.ly/oG9Ikp)
    Aug 14 03:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Chancer, BoomBoom is correct. I don't get the 15% withholding tax on US dividends only if I hold the company in my retirement account (the RRSP).
    Aug 14 03:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Slick E, thanks for sharing your interesting observation. I have heard other Canadians holding KMI in their retirement account. Because KMI is a C-Corp, we receive the full dividend. I believe KMR pays out shares as the dividend. I do not know how that is handled in the Canadian retirement account.
    Aug 14 03:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    db, I also like UNP as a quality, wide-moat company. It doesn't want to pullback much though..
    Aug 14 03:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    CCM, nicely put.
    Aug 14 03:08 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    EDGI, are you my twin in Europe?

CDGI
    Aug 14 03:03 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    maybenot, ok, I guess $36 is a bit stretching it...maybe high $37? That would make ~5.3%+ yield after the 2015 dividend increase to $2.00 per share.

You sure have a nice first world problem there. ;) Thanks for reading.
    Canadian
    Aug 13 02:54 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Rom, there's already a pullback today, just not sure how low it'd go. KMI is sure a nice diversification from the likes of XOM and CVX in the Energy sector.

Thanks for dropping by. :) ...Canadian
    Aug 13 02:50 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    BoomBoom, I also like KMI's dividend growth and nice rhyming ;)
    Aug 13 02:48 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    745, indeed, that is within my purchase price range. I'm waiting for funds to become available in my account. I guess, that also gives a few days for the price to settle a bit.
    Aug 13 01:04 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • When To Add To An Existing Dividend Growth Holding That Has Been Advancing [View article]
    Thanks Hardog.
    Aug 11 04:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Qualcomm Priced At 16% Discount With Double-Digit Growth [View article]
    Guys, good point about no share reduction after the buybacks. I don't think this will change in the near future.
    Aug 8 09:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I Feel Like A Thief Buying IBM At Today's Low Valuation [View article]
    Chuck, thank you for your thorough analysis on IBM. Also long IBM, and monitoring it. Cheers, Canadian
    Aug 8 08:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Qualcomm Priced At 16% Discount With Double-Digit Growth [View article]
    sam_d, indeed "in the short term, the stock market behaves like a voting machine, but in the long term it acts like a weighing machine (i.e. its true value will in the long run be reflected in its stock price)" - Benjamin Graham
    Aug 8 01:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Qualcomm Priced At 16% Discount With Double-Digit Growth [View article]
    DoctoRx, at least we can also add shares when the company is priced favourably for us.
    Aug 8 01:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment