Canadian Dividend Growth Investor

View Canadian Dividend Growth Investor's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Kinder Morgan Inc Is Doing Exactly What I Bought It To Do [View article]
    Smurf, yes, I wish I could do that, too. *smirk* *flicks finger*
    Jul 21, 2015. 01:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinder Morgan Inc Is Doing Exactly What I Bought It To Do [View article]
    Packer, I like your long-term mentality.
    Jul 21, 2015. 01:41 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinder Morgan Inc Is Doing Exactly What I Bought It To Do [View article]
    Ephud, they may not be significant buys considering their wealth, but they're buys nonetheless. Would they buy more if they don't think the shares are a good value? I don't think so. Particularly since they own a lot already.
    Jul 21, 2015. 01:38 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinder Morgan Inc Is Doing Exactly What I Bought It To Do [View article]
    Jess, that's another way to do it. Pool dividends to buy what you think is a good value and best fit to your portfolio at the time. Good way to diversify.
    Jul 21, 2015. 01:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinder Morgan Inc Is Doing Exactly What I Bought It To Do [View article]
    G, the chart above showed MA(50) about to cross MA(200), and today it went through. Where are you drawing your chart?
    Jul 21, 2015. 01:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rich Kinder Should Be Rooting For Lower Prices [View article]
    Last time I looked at KMI, it was $39. Now it's $37. I have the DRIP turned on, so I don't mind the price going down in the short-term because I'm in it for the long-term. :)
    Jul 19, 2015. 01:59 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Half-Year Update: Core Changes To My Whistler And Income Growth Portfolio [View article]
    Hardog, thanks ~
    Jul 14, 2015. 01:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • So, You'll Switch To Dividend Growth Investing After You Have Your Millions, Eh? [View article]
    Switching from a TR portfolio to a DG portfolio, I think the hardest thing to switch is the mindset...unless the TR portfolio had some DG stocks too and not entirely growth-oriented.
    Jul 9, 2015. 02:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Rose, good luck with TGT. :))
    Jul 9, 2015. 02:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Rose, it's always a joy to read your comment, esp. at the end of a long day. I think WMT is just experiencing a temporary slowdown.

Thanks for your comment!
    Canadian
    Jul 8, 2015. 10:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Chuck, thanks :) Appreciate your comment
    Jul 8, 2015. 02:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I'm a Canadian so it'd make sense for me to buy Canadian REITs. If you're an American, I think you get 15% withholding tax unless you buy Canadian REITs in your registered accounts.

Canadian REITs I hold on the TSX are: REF.UN, PLZ.UN, DRG.UN, BEI.UN, D.UN, NWH.UN, and NPR.UN. Some I wish I bought later cuz it went down some more...but we can't time that perfectly. Dollar-cost average, baby! B)

I don't know whether Gilead Hep. C is reimbursable in Canada. I assume it's super expensive, in which case it would be unsustainable if fully reimbursed. Maybe it's partially?
    Jul 8, 2015. 02:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Youngdiv, heavy in consumer staples & healthcare? looks like you got a strong, stable portfolio there. "these offer products that people will use everyday no matter the economic condition" -- Can't argue with you here.

The utilities are getting to fair value. Consider ITC, SO, and DUK.
    Jul 8, 2015. 02:05 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Phil and Sarichter,

Thanks for the tips. I don't think I will end up buying a new car.
    Jul 8, 2015. 01:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Looking Beyond The Obvious: Critical Thinking And Investment Decisions (Part 1) [View article]
    "There is a lot of noise on the internet when it comes to investing. Sometimes it's hard to separate good advice from bad, regardless of where it comes from."

Sometimes authors can mean well, but the reader might not have all the knowledge or experience that they have. Not to talk about a different portfolio and mindset. So many factors! That's why critical thinking is a necessity.

I admit I'm guilty of selection bias and sometimes letting my brain go on zombie mode. :p

And I like what David Fish said above:
    "For example, I think we've seen many of these comments like the Instablog you cited, but often they overstate their conclusions by saying something like "therefore, all DG stocks will eventually fail." But obviously, that doesn't happen overnight, so it would be foolish to avoid today's "survivors" simply because they may someday stumble. After all, EVERY alternative investment that we can choose is currently a survivor."
    Jun 27, 2015. 03:40 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment