Canadian Dividend Growth Investor

View Canadian Dividend Growth Investor's Comments BY TICKER:
  • I Am A Dividend Growth Investor. I Want Dividends, Growth, And Dividend Growth [View article]
    6685071, thanks for your comment. Have a good day.
    Sep 25 02:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Interesting Times, building your portfolio is like building your personalized ETF. I wish I had jumped onto the DGI train sooner, too.
    Sep 25 02:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    CCM, and thank you :)
    Sep 25 02:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Jason, if you think it's that easy, why don't you write some articles? I will be sure to give you the click back. And by the way, I got more than 100 new followers after this article was published. Looks like it wasn't wasted time for those people. Perhaps that means you aren't the target audience of this article.
    Sep 25 02:14 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Mike, I think I only have the time because I cut down on sleep. ^^!
    Sep 25 02:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Afam, sometimes even though we are certain a stock is undervalued, we still don't know when the price will finally move up. ahem IBM and GM
    Sep 25 02:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Chowder. Nicely put.
    Sep 25 02:06 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Rubygreta, or some people simply don't have the interest to learn how to invest.
    Sep 25 02:05 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Moon Kil Woong, the monetary policy allowed more money to flow around. So, each dollar is worth less than it is. However, at the same time, quality companies are earning more of those money. They continue boosting dividends. It should work out of one builds a portfolio of quality dividend growth stocks, buying each one at proper valuations. Actually, doesn't have to be a dividend growth stocks. Any good business will be earning more...so, growth stocks work, too. Just make sure not to pay too much for any shares you buy.
    Sep 25 02:03 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Harm Elderman,

"It seems SA has lost it's filter on DGI articles. No article displays any new information" - Well, it must be useful to some people; I got over 100 new followers after this article was published.

NVO shows way overvalued on FAST graphs, while Morningstar shows it's within fair value range.

Sanjiang Fine Chemicals...looks like I can't buy that. It's on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange??
    Sep 25 01:58 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for your comment, Mr. Smith. Cheers
    Sep 24 03:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Strong Dividend Growth Continues For McDonald's [View article]
    I'm not impressed with another 5% raise in MCD's dividend after its 5% raise in 2013. In fact, Morningstar reduced MCD's fair value estimate to $98 from over $100 (from my memory). Nonetheless, a raise is better than no raise.
    Sep 24 02:23 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Moderation. I hope this article will inspire younger investors interested in the more conservative dividend growth and value investing path that it can be done slowly but steadily.
    Sep 24 01:45 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • When To Trim? [View article]
    Inz, interesting you brought this topic up. I'm guilty of trimming some ROST for some BP after its recent decline. Time will tell if I made the right decision...
    Sep 24 01:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Argyll, I can only speak from my experience and not others. That's why I wrote in first person.
    Sep 24 01:11 AM | 14 Likes Like |Link to Comment