Canadian Dividend Growth Investor

View Canadian Dividend Growth Investor's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Young Canadian Portfolio [View article]
    Faye, nice article. I added to SU under $41 recently. (More details on why I like Suncor in my next article if/when it gets published.) I also recently started positions in D.UN and DRG.UN in my TFSA. They are nice income plays. (I had to sell some of my current holdings for that.) Gahh, I think my trader side is getting to me. But at least I'm increasing my overall yield. DRG.UN is on DRIP.

MFC looks good on FAST. M* indicating it fairly valued.

HNL looks interesting. Will need to do more detailed research on that, but on initial glance, its payout ratio looks high.
    Sep 27, 2014. 05:56 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • I Am A Dividend Growth Investor. I Want Dividends, Growth, And Dividend Growth [View article]
    BoomBoom o_o! Such high interest rates! Times surely have changed.
    Sep 26, 2014. 11:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    :O BoomBoom, that's very good to know, thanks! That means I can start learning about BDCs too. Fun fun :3
    Sep 26, 2014. 11:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Timmies, GILD is looking good. CELG is a good diversification for Biotech from GILD. I took a little look at SDRL before. It's based in Bermuda...so I don't know what the withholding tax implications on its foreign dividends are for Canadians. Do you know?
    Sep 26, 2014. 11:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks BoomBoom :)
    Sep 26, 2014. 11:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    relospecialist, yea, I heard of the CD's 10% returns. It's hard for me to visualize. Currently, I like the 3% dividend + 7% earnings growth which would lead to 10% total return (ideally). I'm sure when the investing environment changes, the SA community with catch on and share the knowledge with each other.
    And good luck to all of us!
    Sep 25, 2014. 10:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    smurf, yes, I got a smirk on me face :] and thank you
    Sep 25, 2014. 10:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    lol Thanks BoomBoom. I didn't clarify, so they didn't know, so I don't feel offended at all.
    Sep 25, 2014. 10:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    BoomBoom,

"U.S. BDCs have the same withholding tax as U.S. common stocks. MLPs have a 35% withholding tax in all accounts." -- do you mean just like US dividends, BDC dividends have a 15% withholding tax for Canadians?
    Sep 25, 2014. 10:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    BoomBoom, I didn't know NOBL holdings are equal weight to begin with. That's good to know. Do you know how regularly it gets rebalanced? Is it every quarter or annually?
    Sep 25, 2014. 10:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Timmies, is it just me, or is it harder to find higher growth companies selling at a discount? I don't follow too many higher growth companies, but the ones I do follow have been showing 3-star on Morningstar.com
    Sep 25, 2014. 10:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Chowder, I did buy them. Last time I checked, SBUX is up a bit and V is around break-even point. After this almost 1 year of not much movement, I probably should have bought V at a lower price before dipping in. Then again, I go easier on the buy criteria for new additions, and they were new additions to my portfolio.
    Sep 25, 2014. 10:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Afam, interesting analogy in the game of roulette. I personally don't gamble much (except play $5 - 10 bucks on the slot machines each time I'm there haha!) because I'd much rather spend my time learning investing.
    Sep 25, 2014. 10:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Strong Dividend Growth Continues For McDonald's [View article]
    richjoy, thanks for your confirmation! Appreciate it.
    Sep 25, 2014. 03:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you BoomBoom. :) Always nice to read your comments. Have a good night.
    Sep 25, 2014. 03:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment