Canadian Dividend Growth Investor

View Canadian Dividend Growth Investor's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Buy Caterpillar On 25% Pullback [View article]
    Papa San, thanks for sharing your insight again.
    Apr 29 01:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    2AUSUM,

Thanks for sharing your view. I see CAT as a nice addition to my portfolio.

Canadian
    Apr 27 03:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Caterpillar On 25% Pullback [View article]
    2AUSUM, thanks for your reply.

"there is a lot of dirt in in the wrong places" - lol I love that
    Apr 25 02:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Caterpillar On 25% Pullback [View article]
    2AUSUM, (that's a too awesome name btw) ;)

Thanks for your positive comment. I don't know that I'll buy and hold as its earnings are cyclical in nature, but I do know that it's a great company and a leader in its industry. What I'll try to do is buy low and sell high, and I believe I did the first part right.

How long-term are you planning to hold CAT?
    Apr 23 10:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Caterpillar On 25% Pullback [View article]
    Lou Gray, I got the beta from Google Finance.
    Apr 23 10:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Caterpillar On 25% Pullback [View article]
    Bob, thanks for sharing your experience. Your strategy is a more prudent one. I learned a lesson or 2 myself. I wrote an article about buying a mining company without limiting the downside. And I'm still hanging on... The article if anyone's interested: http://bit.ly/10aq2gg
    Apr 23 02:42 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Caterpillar On 25% Pullback [View article]
    Thanks Papa San, appreciate your comment.
    Apr 23 02:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Caterpillar On 25% Pullback [View article]
    Back in the 90's in 3 months? I think that's possible.
    Apr 23 01:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Caterpillar On 25% Pullback [View article]
    Can't time the buyback better than this. They are buying back now because the shares are cheap.
    Apr 23 01:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Caterpillar On 25% Pullback [View article]
    Thanks Dustin. I'm dollar-cost averaging into this one as well :)
    Apr 23 01:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Caterpillar On 25% Pullback [View article]
    redarrow, Caterpillar isn't going away. The 2012 was a buy and now is a buy. The dividend is a bonus. My goal is the capital gain.
    Apr 23 01:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Caterpillar On 25% Pullback [View article]
    Ray, thanks for the update.
    Apr 23 01:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment