Canary Cash

View Canary Cash's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Even Salesforce Admits That Growth Is Slowing: But Does That Make The Stock A Good Short? [View article]
    All it will take is 1 (ONE) forced liquidation and the house of cards falls.
    Aug 31 10:04 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares of Netflix (NFLX) move up 1.6% premarket after Google appears set to stop its Google TV ads programs to focus on web initiatives. A renewed push by consumers away from TV into digital content options could set up nicely for Netflix. [View news story]
    this is competition...
    Aug 31 09:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Expect Dilution To Accompany Delusion As Netflix Finds Its Calling [View article]
    Funny Frank we have the same Price targets :) Thanks for the comment.
    Aug 30 08:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Sorry to reply so late! I was actually talking content, more repeating pundit speculation, I don't know if AAPL would ever ever want to play the content licensing game but there has been a bunch of talk about it, and if they did I figure it would be a different model like fully a la carte but they would really have to pay thru the nose...or buy a viacom & disney to make that happen...unlikely, but they're up to something so we'll see soon enough...notice the 1 month of live streamed concerts starting Sept 1? Interesting stuff afoot with Apple and content - maybe they're gonna go after purely live stuff first. I don't have a bead on it tho...
    Aug 30 08:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Oracle (ORCL) accidentally leaks a presentation that details plans for its new Fusion cloud HR solutions, as well as for recently-acquired Taleo. Taleo's pricing, called "amazingly affordable" by BI, will range from $1-$15/user/month, depending on features. Oracle also says it wants to grow Taleo by expanding internationally and targeting staffing service firms, and differentiate itself by offering an end-to-end HR solution. The leak comes two days after IBM announced it's buying Taleo rival Kenexa. [View news story]
    Oops! look, we're hip, we're with it....tikka tikka
    Aug 29 07:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The ProShares leveraged VIX ETF (UVXY) sets a 1-for-10 reverse stock split for September 6. It's the 2nd reverse split this year for the fund, which aims to double the return of the VIX - allowing it to slide towards zero with better than twice the speed (think compounding effects) of the VXX[View news story]
    Yes. But between now and a spike, any hoped for gains would likely be destroyed by contango and leveraged price swings. UVXY is a day to day jobby.
    Aug 28 04:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    T-Minus 7 days
    Aug 28 04:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Glory to God!! LOL
    Aug 28 10:28 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What I Hold In My Portfolio - Part 1 [View article]
    Fascinated to see YNGFF in there. I would love to see your full analysis on it but I know you can't do anything on SA unless it was an article on many juniors...
    Aug 27 11:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo's Alpha Is Set To Reverse [View article]
    Please, please beat this stock up, I want it for less. Thanks. (I think the GOOG trial is hit or miss but I like where VRNG is headed)
    Aug 25 09:09 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Funny, i was thinking about what I wrote up there about premium tiers and PPV I started to think along the same lines as what you wrote there ^^ I didn't consider sports and news but the rest. Completely agree, why would the studios and cable co's sign their own warrants.

Re a la carte and bundling, it's interesting that this appears (or is rumored) to be what apple is trying to solve in this space...they are the only co with the cash to make it happen...gonna get interesting.
    Aug 25 08:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Revenue growth. Very, very important for Netflix.
    Aug 25 07:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I think quickster really failed on a technical note, single sign-on & billing...It blows my mind that they had huge money contests to discover recommendation algorithms to help the UX (user experience) and such but failed on such simple things...tho I think they wanted to sell it off for a chunk of change to raise money so I see why they might have decided to make it a clean cut.

I think all this recent big talk about spending loads to get good content was a precursor to a secondary or a big change. If the big change was a premium tier I would be very happy for Netflix, it would show that they care about their future. I'm still flabbergasted, shocked, amazed, etc that they wont do something sustainable so far....which makes me question their motives.

The sell side is just that, people will clue in soon enough and the game will be over. It may be some class warfare BS that makes it happen, it may just be that the truth can't be hidden forever.
    Aug 25 09:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I went and read about it today...MPAA the thug
    Aug 24 09:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • To eat ... or to drive? Draconian concept, yes, but that's the choice many Americans may be faced with soon as the worst drought in decades pits meat producers against the ethanol starved oil companies. The issue of food versus fuel and surging corn prices crosses both economic as well as ethical borders, and is growing louder in Washington, D.C. as ripe fodder for an election cycle. In the end, it's likely big oil will win out, because as long as it is more profitable to produce a gallon of ethanol from corn than selling it for animal feed, not much will change. [View news story]
    bullish