Canary Cash

View Canary Cash's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Win An iPad In Seeking Alpha's 1 Million User Haiku Contest [View article]
    With you at the start
    With hope for a better end
    We search together
    Mar 26 11:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Win An iPad In Seeking Alpha's 1 Million User Haiku Contest [View article]
    Once dancing away
    Now the tables are turning
    Exhilarating

There is one that roars
    The startled may charge forward
    Hibernate my friend
    Mar 26 10:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Win An iPad In Seeking Alpha's 1 Million User Haiku Contest [View article]
    I wrote down a word
    It was picked up by the world
    Watch the star meet earth
    Mar 26 10:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Win An iPad In Seeking Alpha's 1 Million User Haiku Contest [View article]
    Five times I sought you
    Seven times you did return
    Above average
    Mar 26 10:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Win An iPad In Seeking Alpha's 1 Million User Haiku Contest [View article]
    In the evening
    Wait for the wise birds singing
    Take home your reward
    Mar 26 10:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Prepare For Europe Collapse Before New Year [View article]
    Well said Webmind. As far as what is next, I believe we'll be drifting lower, a nice slow coast down, 1 step up, 2 steps down style. All we (don't) need is another few months of Oil up like this to reduce oxygen to the patient enough to get into real trouble again.
    Mar 20 09:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Credit Suisse says Sears (SHLD -2.4%) will likely be forced to sell more of its valuable assets in 2013 in order to sustain its balance sheet. The firm expects the company to sell off its most valuable stores in the chain in order to survive. The firm rates the shares at Underperform rated with a $20 price target.  [View news story]
    Gee it's really hard to figure out the CS book
    Mar 19 01:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • So Much For That Bubble Of 'Overvalued' Stocks [View article]
    I'll also be really interested. If I could I would be in FB Pre-IPO. With about 7% of the earths population as it's user base including how these people are connected, their most intimate details, etc, etc. Some of these virtual companies are in an incredible position to create wealth. All they need to do is provide value and charge for it. Ads work, transaction processing works, think of what could be done on a platform like FB. Ford makes cars but facebook knows what car the world would buy and where. Boeing makes planes but facebook knows which destination people want to go to, who they flew with, what was nice, what wasn't, if gas prices are affecting decisions, etc,etc. Monetizing those details is not going to be exceedingly hard. Uber feather lightweight analysis free for a limited time ;)
    Mar 16 03:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • So Much For That Bubble Of 'Overvalued' Stocks [View article]
    Very good points Walter. I agree and I should clarify that I think a company can earn it's share price over time. I.e. appreciate slower while continuing growth and P/Es come down. I.E. when a company transitions from explosive growth to steady growth. Perhaps like Google. I agree that some valuations have indicated impossible situations.
    Mar 16 02:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • So Much For That Bubble Of 'Overvalued' Stocks [View article]
    Isn't the problem with a valuation short that the company might grow into the current share price, especially in light of the momo market.
    Mar 16 11:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • So Much For That Bubble Of 'Overvalued' Stocks [View article]
    Great article Rocco, I tend to agree, valuation is in the eye/wallet of the valuer. The key to a short is a broken business, helped perhaps by unsustainable debt without a model that warrants further.

I've told myself that CRM is overvalued and that their growth is slowing down and the accounting is madness. I look at the way they acquire companies and tell myself it's cause the core is slowing, stalling. The only problem (heh heh) is they are acquiring so many good companies that even though the core is slowing they have a good hope at innovating their way out of a sticky situation. So for now I'm staying away.

I think the thing is the businesses mentioned are still fighting to thrive & survive & thrive some more.

It seems NFLX just gave up, copped out. Perhaps they decided 'debt is too high, the studios want to squeeze us, the bears want to eat us, screw it'. I don't even consider it arrogance, more immaturity. RIMM on the other hand had/has arrogant leadership who couldn't/can't see the forest for the trees and don't want anyone else to either. Sad as a Canadian, they could be great.

I would bandy about the name SHLD here for fun but I'm only 85% convinced myself that it can't survive the winter by destroying the west wing for firewood while they figure out to do with themselves...if they tried hard enough they could turn their SCM & e-commerce into an alternative to amazon - but then again whoever goes down that road knows that splitting the low margin consumer vote is not a recipe for success so it's probably left to Bezos. Hmmm time to write :)
    Mar 15 08:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix's Success Is Improbable At This Point [View article]
    Good stuff Milkweed. It's true, it just can't last like this. Something has to give this year. It's like this version of Goodnight Rose:

If you can make it thru the intro...it's goodnight rose...
    Mar 13 08:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix Could Reach $130 By 2013 [View article]
    Just wondering why $130 (in numbers since you're using a number). What method are you using to calculate what it can run to by 2013?
    Mar 13 02:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment