View as an RSS Feed
- Detroit In Chapter 9: A Day Of Reckoning For Investors
The Debt Rating Problem
on Mar 24, 2013 • Comment!
- Nearly Half Of All Municipal Bonds Are Bankruptcy Proof - For The Unlucky, Technicalities Become Important In Court
- An EU Solution For Both The Short And Long Term
GDP And Employment Growth - It Is All About Housing
on May 3, 2012 • 3 Comments
A Bond Rating's Worth - Buyer Beware
on Jan 24, 2012 • Comment!
California's Default Follow-Up: How Did It Not Happen?
on Dec 27, 2011 • 3 Comments
- Municipal Revenue Bonds Under Attack In Federal Court
Unemployment: History Suggests There's No Reason for Pessimism
on Aug 8, 2011 • 2 Comments
Playing Municipal Bonds
on Jun 16, 2011 • 5 Comments
- Municipal Bonds: Woe Is Me
California's Debt: Scenarios for the State in 2011
on Apr 1, 2011 • 9 Comments
- California's Default - The 2011 Scenario
- Outlook for Municipal Bond Defaults – Settlement on Largest May Come Soon
- Health Insurance Companies Part II: Can They Prosper in the Next Decade?
- Health Insurance Companies Part I: The Game Is Ending
- Moody's Ratings: One Size Fits All
- California State General Obligation Bonds
- Housing Is a Bargain: Where Are the Lenders?
- Affordability vs. Medical Insurer Earnings
- Municipal Bonds: Time for a Closer Look
Housing Bubbles and Bottoms - Light at the End of the Tunnel?
on Feb 2, 2009 • 3 Comments
Why Are Foreclosure Rates Much Higher in California, Arizona, Nevada and Florida?
on Jan 28, 2009 • 10 Comments
- U.S. Unemployment: Is Media Hype Missing the Point?
- Is the S&P 500 at Just the Right Level?
Playing Chicken Is a Dangerous Game
on Sep 25, 2008 • Comment!
- MBIA Reinsures $184 Billion from FGIC’s Public Finance Book
Los Angeles - the Crybaby - Sues Bond Insurers
on Jul 25, 2008 • Comment!
- Ambac, MBIA: The Rating Shoes Drop
- U.S. Housing: The Big Picture by the Numbers
- How Credible Are Moody's, S&P Monoline Ratings?
- Credit Risk Management Failures: Is the Sky Falling?