Carl Martin

View Carl Martin's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Whiting Petroleum Is A Smart Bet In An Uncertain Oil Pricing Environment [View article]
    sparky,

It is also possible, that they have very recently just started up with fracking again,.....unless you are 100% sure, that they always have been doing some fracking over the last six months, or so.
    Jun 20, 2015. 03:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bill Barrett Corp.'s Bold Move - Doubling Down On XRL Niobrara Wells [View article]
    Callum,

Very good article. This is a very interesting company and play to study. But, why is the stock tanking so much?
    Jun 19, 2015. 03:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gulfport Energy: Opportunistic Consolidator In The Dry Gas Utica [View article]
    7422981,

Why don't you take an honest and open minded look at AR?

As, they are "merely" 94% hedged, I suppose that is not good enough for you?
    Jun 13, 2015. 02:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wading Into The Oil Patch? Focus On The Balance Sheet - Part I [View article]
    T-time,

EOG is not very well hedged at all. That is why their stock isn't doing that well. But, they are still a great company to own for the long term. Had you researched this company, I don't think you would have ever sold your holdings in it. Why not wait until it gets much lower than $90, and buy it right back? You might have a good chance for that in 2H, 2015.
    Jun 13, 2015. 01:39 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wading Into The Oil Patch? Focus On The Balance Sheet - Part I [View article]
    Ray,

In the Bakken, for example, EOG is drilling wells, but not completing them, in areas that were long ago (almost ten years) HBP. This gives them a tremendous advantage over some of their competitors, who are presently getting forced to drill and complete lease holding wells on sometimes very questionable land positions.
    Jun 13, 2015. 01:32 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Frac4Crude,

I don't have access to the info that you do, but I have always understood, that EOG was NOT completing any of their wells in the Bakken at this time. I also thought, that this was a very well known fact here at SA.
    Jun 13, 2015. 01:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Lonestar Resources - Best Oil And Gas Play For The Downturn [View article]
    EV,

It isn't any specific actions, that management is or isn't taking that concerns me so. It is the easily recognizable pattern of information flow in their investor presentations, which concerns me, as I associate this with loser Companies, due to my previous observations of such.

For me to have confidence in a company, I would need to see them reveal and explain why their land position is so good, and I would like to see proof of such in the form of high EUR's, relative to their nearby competitors. So far, I'm not seeing much of this with this company. But, I will keep looking for something positive.
    Jun 13, 2015. 12:46 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lonestar Resources - Best Oil And Gas Play For The Downturn [View article]
    EV,

About management.....and land positions, production, costs, etc. I actually found it a bit disturbing to see how the working background of management was so highly profiled in their investor presentation, in relation to all else. To me, that signals that they don't have much else besides "good" management, if even that.

Also, the many references to nearby competitors suggests to me, that they really don't have much to offer on their own, besides promises. I am definitely very bearish on this stock right now, but I'm very open to any further comments you might have to say about it, and I think you have done an excellent job in presenting this company to the general investing public at SA. I will start to follow it.
    Jun 10, 2015. 02:24 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Potentially Bottoming Gas Prices A Boon To Antero Resources [View article]
    rajprasad,

Axas has been on my radar for quite sometime. It could be a good time to get in now, but I will probably pass on it. Any others?
    Jun 10, 2015. 02:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: Whiting's Extensive Refrac Inventory May Provide Significant Upside [View article]
    Michael,

I agree, but I certainly am having difficulty trying to understand where these lack of demand ideas are actually coming from. For the record.....

According to the latest info from the EIA, US oil production hit another weekly high for the week ending 06/05 @ 9,610,000 bpd. The more important four week MA was @ 9,506,000 bpd, also a recent record.

"Supply based gluts are much different and generally take much longer to get through. "

So true. Lower for longer.....
    Jun 10, 2015. 02:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Ari,

Perhaps, I should have been more clear in what I was saying. But, what I was referring to was, of course, associated gas coming from otherwise oil based production. Oil production is somewhat related to oil price, or at least it used to be. LOL

So, what I meant was that after a further fall in oil price likely caused by the current, and also expected coming over production, oil production should eventually decrease, or at least according to economics 101. Then, it's possible that the price of NG will then rise, because of lesser associated NG coming to market.

However, this theory greatly depends upon the eventual oil production that is cut, also contains a high ratio of gas to oil, and there can be no guarantee of that. Exactly how the market would respond to such a scenario is unknown. But, most shale companies produce both commodities.
    Jun 10, 2015. 01:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lonestar Resources - Best Oil And Gas Play For The Downturn [View article]
    EV,

This statement of yours really concerns me.

"35,000 net undeveloped assets in the light oil window of the Bakken"

Ah, what other "Windows" are there in the Bakken?

Sorry to rain on your parade, but I have reason to believe, that all the Bakken talk is mostly hype. They are way, way, way out in left field somewhere, quite far away from the core areas of the Bakken. As no one else can make any money way out there at $60 oil, I fail to see how they can.

In the EF, they are pretty high up in the Black Oil window. That might sound real good to your ears, but the further up you go into that window, the less gas pressure there is to get the oil out.
    Jun 9, 2015. 03:34 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Potentially Bottoming Gas Prices A Boon To Antero Resources [View article]
    Which ones? Not, that I doubt you.
    Jun 9, 2015. 02:41 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Einhorn's Fracking Concerns Are Nothing New - Part 3: More Opportunities For Profit [View article]
    Ari,

Try reading his bio.....

"anyone who has faith in a God cannot be trusted to present logical and factual arguments or analysis."

No, they cannot..... not if their arguments are based upon their faith, not their reason. Christians tend to believe, that whatever they have faith in must be true, or else they wouldn't have faith in it.

"So, time will show you about PO as oil price creeps up year after year"

As usual, another forward looking statement presented as ABSOLUTE TRUTH. Give it up, Ari. You are way off on everything. You wolf is ALWAYS at the door, but NEVER has actually shown himself. You have to be a true believer to believe in such a fairy tale. But, I'm very pleased to hear, that you no longer wish to discuss PO with me, as I have NEVER wanted to discuss PO with someone like you to begin with. After all, I study history.

As OPEC is presently producing at about 31 million barrels per day, no field damage seems to have occurred. OPEC is a contributor to the present day on-going over production, which what is mostly holding oil prices down. Higher dollar prices also push oil prices down. There are also many other factors.

I strongly suggest, that you put all your PO ideas on the shelf, and do some serious research on the oil industry instead. Otherwise, you are highly unlikely to ever discover what is actually true. PO has been thoroughly debunked by many different people, but far more important is the fact, that it has been thoroughly debunked by the simple passage of time.
    Jun 9, 2015. 02:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Investors do need to seriously consider the possibility that we are looking at $60 oil for the next 3-6-9, and even 12 months ahead. Meanwhile, the markets seem to be presently pricing in $100 oil by the end of this year. Something has to give pretty soon. But, don't forget natural gas, either. That will likely go up, if oil goes down.
    Jun 9, 2015. 01:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment