View Carlos X. Alexandre's Articles BY TICKER:
European Farce Endures And Fed's Not Confident?
- Market's queasiness is palpable.
- Greek socialists get schooled by old man.
- S&P 500 valuation exceeds dot.com era.
And Then There Was More Debt, Weaponized Oil And War Expansion
- U.S. economic recovery viewed from a 50-year perspective.
- Global public debt continues its march forward without results.
- Conflict is inevitable and is in its expansion mode.
Sino Turbulence Shows A Failed State In Motion
- China's distractions from core issues.
- China's domestic demand is nothing but a myth.
- Foreigners wanted now?
General Central Bank Hospital And Market Crash Denied?
- It's a market of double edged corrections.
- Central banks come to the rescue because there's something very wrong.
- American GDP and housing not responding quite as planned.
Markets Love Fed, Hate ECB, Want More QE
- Markets' crankiness and structural employment/consumer credit deficiency are explored.
- Jawboning is reduced to physical exercise.
- Gold bet still alive as conflicts continue to expand.
Market Bubbles And Repulsion, Dollar Demise And Other Cogitations
- Fed talks as we fall asleep, and inflation still missing in action.
- Dollar must be loved despite resentment.
- Bubble definition elusive while waiting for widespread enthusiasm.
Markets Marry Fantasia And We Play Musical Chairs
- Jobless claims are misinterpreted without context, and employment "skills gap" begs a question.
- Markets do not discount the future, and short-sellers pay too much attention to conviction and crash callers.
- Disruptive and undisclosed criteria have changed the game.
True Economic Condition Far Weaker, Market Valuation Reaching Peak
- Home and auto sales not as good as they look.
- S&P 500 reaching for the climax.
- Economic sub-cycle entering a contraction phase.
Europe's Panicky Mode And The Odor Of War
- ECB's rate decision and NIRP - yet another show without an audience.
- Europe's default is only way out as bad loans surpass €1 trillion.
- Global conflict continues to spread, as expected, and not priced in.
China's Unrelenting And Mythological Midas Touch
- A look at the gold market's transformation over 10 years.
- China's impact on gold price is absent.
- China's economic malaise keeps manifesting itself.
American 'Disemployment' Revisited And Fiddle-Footed Markets
- Employment's weakness from different angles.
- The Fed is extremely misguided about unemployment causes.
- Erratic markets across the board, period.
Emerging Markets' Woes Only A Side Effect Of Conditional Strength
- Emerging markets mindset is the obstacle.
- China's on track to irreversible political collapse.
- Markets' behavior goes beyond Russian/Ukrainian squabble.
Honey, I'm Home... Or Not!
- Markets haven’t processed housing weakness, yet.
- Risks will be elevated in about three months; markets haven’t broken down, yet.
- Central banks’ control over interest rates is a fallacy and exaggerated.
- Thoughts about High Frequency Trading.
Quantitative Extravaganza Fiddle-Faddle, Up The River Without A Paddle
- Fed’s incompetence still masterfully spun and buried by the usual suspects.
- QE has failed us and has impacted interest rates and the dollar far less than advertised, if at all.
- Market’s crash call still too loud, global conflict update and my long-term gold bet.
Markets Digesting Change In Conversation's Tone
- ECB’s Mario Draghi candidly and summarily changed the conversation’s tone.
- European austerity, as hard as it is, hasn’t been fully adopted, yet.
- Crimea is a distraction from the real issue.
- We're In The 'Whateva' Zone
- Market's Perfect For Agnostics, Non-Believers Will Convert
- The Global Unresolved Vice
- China's Countdown Continues, Russia's Turning Point And Conflicts Galore
- S&P 500's Valuation, Jobs Deficit And The Wealth Effect
- Note To Central Banks: Your Theatrics Are Exhausting!
- 1959: The Year Economics Changed And Nobody Noticed
- Markets See Beauty, Overlook New Ugly Normal
- Fed's Flawed Playbook Is Scoreless
- Distorted Housing Market Gives False Hope
- Markets Ignore Eurozone's Only Choice, And Growth Isn't It
- The Massive Elephant In The Economic Room
- Gold's Double Whammy Is In Play
- China's 15 Minutes Of Fame Are Up
- European Crisis Marathon Is Only Halfway
- BRIC By BRIC, The Emerging Markets House Being Dismantled
Fiscal Cliff And Deficit Conversation Misses The Point
Editors' Pick • Dec. 6, 2012 • 117 Comments