Carole Cable

View Carole Cable's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Treasury Wine Estates: Young, Bold, With Signs Of Aging Well [View article]
    Good to hear from you. Yes, TSRYY is an overlooked gem with so much potential.
    May 23 09:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Actively Managed Bond ETFs: Are They Worth Their Fees? [View article]
    Here is the basic info on the 30-day SEC yield (there's annual, distribution yield, and 30-SEC yield, so I'm not sure which one you were quoting in your message). A check of the PIMCO ETF, Vanguard and iShares sites lists for today the current 30-SEC yield of these three: BOND at 2.38%; BND at 1.58%; and AGG at 1.71%.
    None of these are income funds that offer a high yield, but Gross has been able over the years to stick within the basic confines of investment grade intermediate and offer up better total annual returns.
    Apr 29 01:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Actively Managed Bond ETFs: Are They Worth Their Fees? [View article]
    Thank you for your comment.

The minimums noted in the article did not refer to the purchase of ETFs but to the institutional share version of the PIMCO Total Return Bond mutual fund (PTTRX). To purchase this institutional share PTTRX and get the 0.46% expense ratio requires in most instances a minimum purchase of $1 Million. However, as I note you can buy into these institutional shares (PTTRX) for a minimum of $100,000 using a Fidelity account or you can buy into PTTRX through Vanguard for a minimum of $25,000.

Like you, I don't know of any company that places any sort of minimum on the purchase of exchange traded fund shares.
    Apr 26 01:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Actively Managed Bond ETFs: Are They Worth Their Fees? [View article]
    You are so right, the results speak for themselves.
    Apr 23 10:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Enhanced AlphaDEX-Based Sector ETFs With Attractive 5-Year Returns [View article]
    Thank you for your comment. Yes, they are so attractive in so many ways. Happy investing.
    Apr 19 09:26 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Looking For Foreign Dividends? Consider This Australian ETF Yielding 6.02% [View article]
    Martin Frosa,

Thanks for pointing out the issue of currency risk, which I did not make a clear as I should have in the article. I've made your comment an Author's Pick so that others might be more likely to notice your helpful comment.

Best to you and your investing strategies.

Carole
    Apr 9 09:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Overanalytical,

It's great that you are considering all of these implications. I am no tax account and would not be qualified to advise you. You will need to contact you investment advisor or tax accountant for more information regarding this.

Best,
    Carole
    Apr 9 09:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    No Free Cake,

My article clearly states the yield as "annualized yield" not the Sec 30-day yield. I took the yield number this morning from the WisdomTree Australia Dividend page. As we all realize this yield bobs up and down throughout the year depending on the market price.

I assumed knowledgeable readers on Seeking Alpha would understand what "annualized yield" meant. I think it might be a good idea, given your message, to quote both in my future postings.

Thanks so much for your helpful comment.
    Apr 9 09:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Looking For A Core Holding? Consider This Fund Of CEFs With A 7.41% Yield [View article]
    Hi Dancing Scorpion, it's good to hear that there's at least one other investor/librarian on SA. Yes, the world of books and libraries has changed dramatically as has the profession. It's a crazy world out there these days, in too many ways. Cheers.
    Apr 6 03:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi Dancing Scorpion, the market has been so uncertain in so many ways since the first of the year. Up but for how long, with bonds and Treasury rates gyrating daily. I don't think I can provide any meaningful suggestion as to when to exit ETY. But many thanks for your comment.
    Apr 3 04:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yes, you're right on target with that! It's one of the main reasons to think twice about it.
    Mar 27 04:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    PompanoFrog, you're so correct in what you detail about fixed income assets. The rise in rates will impact yield.

Looking at the total holdings of PCEF with its approximately 40% in equities and options, as well as the number of limited duration CEFs among its holdings along with the 19% of high yield/40% investment grade mix, the total PCEF package is, as I suggested, appropriate for a long-term core holding. And of course, not all of PCEF's yield comes from its fixed-income sleeve. I agree that the 7.41% yield on PCEF cannot continue. The mix within PCEF of fixed income and equities is, to a limited extent a stabilizer and one that a long-term, less active core investor would be attracted to.

Thank you for your very perceptive overview of my article.
    Mar 27 02:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for your comment. I like your approach to acquiring it. It's been on my portfolio wish/watch list for some time. Cheers.
    Mar 27 09:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Own Any High Yield Bonds? Are You Sure? [View article]
    GizmoA51 - you've got a very good point!
    Mar 26 06:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • First Trust Offers Third Actively Managed ETF: Preferred Securities And Income [View article]
    I'm so pleased you found it useful. Have a great day!
    Mar 20 10:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment