Cassina Tarsia

View Cassina Tarsia's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Tesla's China Dreams May Be In Trouble [View article]
    I would add to what you say, Peter, by saying that it has not been a year since Tesla has been delivering its cars in China ... but only about six months. The author's comment that "... Tesla is already operating in China for a year now ..." is trying to turn one set of facts into another. Yes, Tesla has been in China for about a year while it set up its first store in Beijing (which opened November 4, 2014) and busy setting trademark disputes (which was just settled about two weeks ago, on August 5th)... but this is not the same as actually delivering and selling its cars. You can't really count cars until they begin to be delivered, which was on February 28, 2014.
    Aug 17 11:51 AM | 12 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla: Poised To Miss Overly Sanguine Guidance [View article]
    Thanks, Peter ... we need clarifications like yours! I was going to say that this article seemed to me to be just another article meant to confuse and cause people to question Elon Musk and Tesla, and thus make the stock go down - maybe I'm wrong, but that is the way that I saw it.
    Aug 7 11:35 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Massive number of U.S. auto recalls only dent sales slightly [View news story]
    Thanks for your complement, bwmaki. Actually, GM's ignition switch problem, though, was a little more dangerous than you describe here - when the keys fall out it locks the steering wheel while the care is moving, and this "little" problem can be lethal if you happen to be going around a corner and can't change the direction of the car ... like, for instance, forcing you to run into a tree at whatever speed that you might be going. And that is precisely what killed those 13 people and caused all or most of the other accidents. But still, you are right that people kind of blank out and think that it could never happen to them since there is such a "freak" chance of it happening.
    Jul 19 12:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I think that people are overwhelmed - or underwhelmed - kind of like the "ignorance is bliss" attitude ... and then they just keep going on with their life figuring that they can't do anything about it anyway. The problem with GMOs and the herbicide Roundup that is used with it, for many people, is along the same lines, as far I see it ... can't be bothered, you know.
    Jul 18 03:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla: Secret Bullish Guidance In Plain Sight? [View article]
    Wow! excellent article! I can't wait to see the video, but what you said has already perked my ears up and makes me want to wait for another entry point for Tesla! Thanks again for a great article!
    Jul 16 11:26 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why China Is The Most Important Part Of Tesla's Q2 Report [View article]
    Excellent report ... wish that there was more information available since China is now in about the same place where we were in at the beginning of 2012, and look at how fast Tesla has built the infrastructure here ... an exciting time watching it go up almost to completion so fast; hopefully we will see the same sort of expansion in China which will literally open up their entire country to electric cars, especially if other carmakers take advantage of Tesla's offer to use their patented technology of fast charging and long distance batteries (or the way that the batteries are used to enable fast charging and long distance travel).
    Jul 15 02:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla Motors' Q2 Delivery Guidance Hinges On China [View article]
    I just heard today that China has cleared the way for Tesla not to pay the 10% tax because it will qualify as an electric vehicle in China, even though it is imported. Kandi, which is made in China, has also qualified. Good news when it comes to Tesla selling their cars there.
    Jul 9 03:53 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Two More Fires: Tesla Is Back On The Front Pages [View article]
    I read about the "rear-ended" accident on the Antelope Valley Freeway ... but I never heard who was at fault here since it was never reported. Do you have any information about that? It would be interesting to know.

And what about the passenger in the Tesla that was stolen and cut in half ... I haven't heard what happened to him; I know that the driver of that vehicle was in critical condition, but what about the passenger?
    Jul 8 12:45 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla: Enough Superchargers To Power Tesla's Model X [View article]
    Excellent article with some good points that I hadn't thought of earlier ... the idea of releasing the Tesla Patents being that it is another way that Elon Musk could get some help with increasing the speed of deploying more Superchargers faster, if I read you right. Not such a bad idea, especially if the overall picture is seen in its entirety, as you presented it ... a gigantic enterprise to cover the world with all those Superchargers.
    Jul 6 11:14 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The High Price Of Owning Tesla [View article]
    I think that the author must have missed out on the run-up and is making a few sour grapes about it. I love my Tesla ... and I own the stock (yes, I did buy it early in 2011) and I intend to hold onto it ... and by the way, both of them are great!
    Jun 30 12:05 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's China Deliveries In Q2 2014 And Its Right Hand Drive Markets [View article]
    Sounds to me like the Chinese millionaire has a little too much money and a little too little emotional stability ... possibly he needs to take out his anger somewhere else rather than trying to discredit Elon by smashing his own car. I would hate to be his wife with the way that he expresses his anger ...
    Jun 27 02:02 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla Vs. Solar City: The Difference Between 2 Elon Musk Companies [View article]
    This article hardly merits a comment ... but I will leave one anyway. Hardly anything worth anything was said about Tesla, except that with its "insane valuation" it is headed toward greatness, which may very well be the case. As far as SolarCity is concerned, this author hardly scratched the surface, implying that it would barely be a footnote in history. Well, this is what they were saying about Tesla a few years ago, so I think it appropriate to wait and see what happens here ... especially in view of the fact that SolarCity has just purchased one of the largest and most advanced solar panel companies in the U.S., which allows SolarCity to sell its own solar panels that it will produce itself. And also, remember that before SolarCity made its leasing option available, the entire solar industry in the U.S. was falling like a rock; after the leasing option - which allowed customers to have solar panels for literally NO cost, while lowering their electric bills by 30% - SolarCity took off like a rocket. Don't write Elon Musk off so fast ... just remember, again, what was being said about Tesla not so long ago and what happened here ... you never know, SolarCity may take of in the same way.
    Jun 27 12:54 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    When I came across this comment at the end of the first paragraph, referring to what Elon Musk is doing, "Everywhere he goes; there is a giant ball of hope thrown at the gullible public," I stopped reading, as it was obvious where this writer was going. Sometimes there is some useful information with such articles, but when a comment with such obvious bias is thrown out there it is a giant red flag to me to be careful with whatever else follows. If you read the last paragraph in the conclusion, the writer also continues his deception with one last swipe, as he says, "The fire in Tesla stock is also dying, despite the hope and hype blown into it by Mr. Musk and upbeat analyst Mr. Adam Jonas of Morgan Stanley (MS)." I would take most of what this writer says with a grain of salt ... and a lot of other information gathered from outside ... since to me it is simply an article trying to slam Tesla to make it go down. And after all, we need to remember that Tesla is just getting started in the overseas market - give it time and see what is really happening there before passing judgment, okay ...
    Jun 25 12:27 PM | 16 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • EV automaker collaboration puts a charge in Kandi Technologies [View news story]
    Elon Musk announces patent-sharing program and within days Kandi does almost the same thing ... amazing co-incidence? Makes one wonder ...
    Jun 17 03:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What's Next For Tesla [View article]
    I was quite disappointed with this article, especially considering the title - "What's Next For Tesla." I expected to see what is happening in the future that we haven't seen before ... or at least a little something to make it worth reading. But, alas, I found nothing ... even as I reached the end of the article, it was a letdown. Maybe you have something new that you could say now, in response to what I have said here ... would hope so. Do you have anything new ...?
    Jun 2 12:20 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment