View as an RSS Feed
PRO Top Ideas
Top Ideas are high-conviction long or short ideas focused on market mispricings with asymmetric risk/reward profiles.
Staples: Industry Consolidation Leading To 50% Upside
- The poor quarter was negatively skewed by difficult comps against a 53rd week, unfavorable foreign exchange rates, and 109 store closures.
- The market systematically underestimates the speed at which industry consolidation will take place between Office Depot and Office Max.
- The street under appreciates Staples market leading position, as well as its growing e-commerce business.
- Private equity is likely a potential suitor in a non-levered high free cash flow retailer with significant hidden value in its online business.
- Business trades at around 10x LTM earnings, with significant free cash flow levers starting in 2015.