Charles Moscoe

View Charles Moscoe's Comments BY TICKER:
  • ReachLocal Is A Compelling Turnaround Story In The Works [View article]
    That is only a small sampling that is conveniently cherry picked. Without including the trading strategy that accompanied these plays, it is worthless. Clearly you have an axe to grind.
    Sep 8 02:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ReachLocal Is A Compelling Turnaround Story In The Works [View article]
    I definitely agree with much of what you write, apart from being early to jump in. I think the reasons you mentioned are the reason why the stock is trading for what it is. Remember that since it seems you follow RLOC you know that the sentiment was terrible when the stock was even twice the current price at $10. So I was really patient with picking my entry here as I don't think it can get much worse. I think even $10 is "cheap" by conventional metrics, despite the headwinds. The focus on providing actual metrics that matter like conversion data and assisting SMBs in closing deals is what I believe will reduce churn long-term. Really the company has a history of black box operations and the business model wasn't so sustainable. The emphasis was always on the sale first, rather than retention and actually serving the customer well. I believe that this has changed however, at least that is the goal. As an internet guy myself I'm hearing much more positive things about ReachLocal lately and that is a good sign. Its a huge TAM and the services are exactly what any SMB needs and most are clueless when it comes to online still. The secular trend favors ReachLocal, and its lucky that it grew so big when it was relatively easy to do so. That base has huge value and not easily replicated. At where it is trading right now I'm making a big bet that the early signs I'm seeing of a turnaround in the business model (more encompassing than even the sales strategy) will be effective and as stated I think this stock can get to $20 quickly if I'm right. If I'm wrong I suspect that it just hovers in a $4-$6 range.
    Sep 8 01:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ReachLocal Is A Compelling Turnaround Story In The Works [View article]
    That is where the closest competitors trade, ones with negligible growth. What else would you use as a comparison? Even be super conservative and cut the PE in half and you still have a double on your hands. It would easily trade at a 30 PE when profitable again. I am certain of that.
    Sep 8 12:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ReachLocal Is A Compelling Turnaround Story In The Works [View article]
    To be clear my main strategy is buying internet stocks that are at or near historic lows which are in hot markets with a strong secular uptrend that I understand given my background. I buy what the market hates and generally sell when the market starts to fall in love again. I'm not always right but I think my performance speaks for itself. I've done quite well overall.
    Sep 8 12:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ReachLocal Is A Compelling Turnaround Story In The Works [View article]
    Thanks for reading, bjbarney.
    Sep 8 11:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ReachLocal Is A Compelling Turnaround Story In The Works [View article]
    Everybody has winners and losers. I suggest that you focus on my overall performance. You mentioned 2 stocks that are down from the original coverage but neglected to mention the several that are up, some substantially so. The best I can tell you is to follow here on SA and on my website. When facts change I often change my position. What I can tell you about RLOC is that it is a very significant position, nearly 20% of my portfolio. I'm breaking out weight now when writing articles so I can put everything in the proper context and you can see how much I really like a stock. I think that is useful for readers.
    Sep 8 11:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ReachLocal Is A Compelling Turnaround Story In The Works [View article]
    In all fairness, I did suggest selling MM at $7.50 and TRMR at $4.50 after being presented with new information that changed my thesis and shifting my ad tech investments in to other companies in the sector with better competitive profiles. My most recent MM position is at a $2.50 average. Underwater, true, but I don't think that gets much cheaper. This was all posted both publicly and to my website subscribers. Certainly if my RLOC thesis changes I will update my position by either writing another article, posting comments and updating my website subscribers first and foremost. Thanks for reading and following along and I urge you to follow me in "real time" here at SA and on my website. Timing is everything. Just because I said this may likely go to $20 imminently does not mean that I am holding for $20. Exits are just as important and the 2 stocks you used as examples had very profitable exits that I happened to nail in both cases. Maybe being in the right place at the right time helped with those but I have no doubt that this RLOC trade will be profitable.
    Sep 8 11:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Blyth Q2 Earnings Shows No Bottom; Stock Hits 20-Year Low [View article]
    Talk about calling the bottom here!

Hope people listened when I said fade Derek here and go long BTH at $6.

Took alot of heat for that but cha ching for those who followed along!
    Sep 8 10:07 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Rubicon Project: Reasonably Successful IPO In Hot Programmatic Advertising Market [View article]
    FUEL is a RUBI customer, not a competitor. You have no idea what you are talking about. You clearly don't understand the sector. You are just making things up now.
    Sep 8 07:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    What do you mean "suboptimal growth rate vs competition"? RUBI is growing fee revenue at over 50% YOY and RTB at like 80%. Its take rate is also on the rise. What metrics are you evaluating when making these statements? What other ad exchange is growing anywhere near that? I don't think you have any idea what you are talking about.
    Sep 8 12:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rakuten in talks to purchase Ebates for $950M [View news story]
    Could be the largest affiliate site sale of all time...
    Sep 7 07:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Millennial Media: Recent Departures And An Uninspiring Hiring Leave Investors Disappointed [View article]
    Clearly you don't understand the context.
    Sep 7 06:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I'm more than "alive". I am making record profits fading the squares. Timing is everything.
    Sep 7 03:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Now The Time To Consider Marrone Bio Innovations? [View article]
    And Kevin Quon has left the building!

Down about 80% since he started pumping at $10 in his original PRO article.

Everybody makes bad calls (I have my fair share), but at least have the cojones to defend it or tell us why you were wrong.

I still have no position here. Looked expensive at $10 and still at $2. Although it is becoming more attractive the more it drops.
    Sep 7 08:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon obtains $2B credit facility; Indian ops reportedly probed [View news story]
    If Amazon stock was worth something than Twitch would have taken restricted shares but instead insisted upon cash after seeing the books...
    Sep 6 10:30 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment