Charles Moscoe

View Charles Moscoe's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Iamgold Is Priced Like It Is Highly Leveraged But It Is Sitting On A Ton Of Cash [View article]
    I did note that as the major risk factor. At least strategically he has proven to have made bad decisions in hindsight. Operationally I think he is quite competent.
    Apr 14, 2015. 10:01 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for reading and appreciate the link for clarity of the technicals.
    Apr 14, 2015. 09:58 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I wrote that "IAG needs to continue to lower AISC to make a profit in this pricing environment." So not sure what you mean?
    Apr 14, 2015. 09:57 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    If IAG paid its debt off with current cash it would be sitting with net cash near $300M and no debt and an EV of about $400M which is a little over 1x OCF ttm. The stock would have to be re-rated mich higher.
    Apr 14, 2015. 09:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Turtle Beach: This Victim Of Circumstance Is About To Turn The Corner [View article]
    Those numbers are in line with mine. I haven't looked at the tax treatment however but before tax operating income is where I am at. Remember though that historically the headset business in the peak of the cycle has been 20-25% EBITDA margins. So the business can be quite profitable for about 4 or 5 years at a time. The peak of that would be the time to sell.
    Apr 13, 2015. 09:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you for reading and your comment. I appreciate the contribution as this is advanced level thinking and very relevant. Your ASP number might be high. Remember that HEAR predominantly wholesales to retailers domestically that resell with a reasonable margin. Internationally HEAR sells through distributors who then wholesale to the retailers. ASP would be an interesting number to know but I doubt that the company will provide it for competitive reasons.
    Apr 13, 2015. 08:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Higher One Is A Classic Asymmetric Risk-Reward Story That Has Been Unfairly Skewed Negative By Media Hype [View article]
    My guess is as good as yours. I've never been one to be able to predict short term prices. I think in a 2-3 window it has a good chance of seeing double digits again and a very good chance of seeing $6. The day to day stuff is of little concern to me.
    Apr 13, 2015. 03:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Interview With Chris Lau, Author Of 'Value Stocks For DIY Investors' [View article]
    I like this part of the quote, Bob:

"I believe this company will fold or be bought out in 1-2 years."

Those are pretty opposite ends of the spectrum!
    Apr 13, 2015. 08:31 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sifting The World Today – Friday, April 10, 2015 [View instapost]
    I think the difference here is that Chris is giving people an inside look at what he does at his hedge fund. It seems like a reasonable opportunity for an investor who wants to learn to think at a higher level. I don't see any outlandish claims.

Consequently, I think the other offers from what I've seen so far appear more to be on the level of the carnival barker. The hard sell that is more in line with what you see from sports handicappers. In my opinion, these offers devalue this site's reputation.
    Apr 12, 2015. 11:09 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Jefferies Might Be Right About Skullcandy [View article]
    Yes, lets believe the same Jefferies analyst - Sean Naughton - who had a $4 PT on the stock a couple years ago when I wrote this: http://bit.ly/1DVbv2s

Derek is smart. HEAR is the play. Jefferies will be pumping it a couple years from now when it is $10. Here is my take on it: http://bit.ly/1aF1IAj
    Apr 12, 2015. 12:32 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A New Way To Follow Your Favorite Seeking Alpha Authors [View article]
    Thanks for the explanation Eli. That makes a lot more sense.
    Apr 11, 2015. 06:53 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A New Way To Follow Your Favorite Seeking Alpha Authors [View article]
    The day subscriber ads start mixing with my free articles is the day I stop writing here. I'm sure many contributors would agree with my sentiment here. I am all for promotion and free enterprise but that would be way over the top IMO. Can you explain what you mean by "SA vetting the individual premium subscription services"? I wasn't aware of that. Is there a process to go through to be "vetted"? Is there some sort of performance guarantee? Does SA become liable if alpha becomes negative? Seems like dangerous territory for a publisher to be "vetting" contributors.
    Apr 11, 2015. 06:24 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A New Way To Follow Your Favorite Seeking Alpha Authors [View article]
    My guess is as good as anybody's. I'll admit I have left a lot of money on the table the past few years being pretty bearish overall. But I get more and more cautious every day. It has been awhile since I bought any "quality" stock because I see zero value in any of them right now. For that reason I'm focusing on very specific turnaround stories that have little correlation with the general market and some opportunities with gold which serve as a good volatility hedge - at least historically.
    Apr 11, 2015. 06:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A New Way To Follow Your Favorite Seeking Alpha Authors [View article]
    Have to agree with you Baltimore. It is complete nonsense. Might work when stocks keep going up almost every day as they have the past 6 years but to downplay the risk of this trade is simply irresponsible. This could signal the top of the market. Like Joe Kennedy and the shoe shine boy.
    Apr 11, 2015. 05:36 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Careful Ian or Chris Lau is going to point out that you are down $0.50 on SKIS.
    Apr 11, 2015. 12:11 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment