Charles Moscoe

View Charles Moscoe's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Buy Jive Software At A Discount To A Top Venture Capitalist [View article]
    Beware though that the CSCO deal - while not really material to revenue - has become sort of a double edged sword. Its almost as if people are counting on something big to happen like a takeover. If CSCO ever pulls the plug on the relationship JIVE could drop 50% on that news. IMO that would be the opportune time to buy as it would be trading closer to 1x sales with double digit growth and half its market value in cash.
    Jan 18, 2015. 09:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Skullcandy up 3.6% on November sales/2015 guidance [View news story]
    My last article on SKUL was a bullish one (at $6.75 right before earnings), but like Stan I think its overdone. Really no innovation in the space and the company is burning through inventory to keep shelf space. I tweeted when it was $11 earlier in the week that the gains wont hold because they are from channel stuffing. Smart analysts realize this. Will probably see the $8 range again where its more fairly valued. If it gets back to the $6 range I'll buy again.
    Jan 17, 2015. 10:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Jive Software At A Discount To A Top Venture Capitalist [View article]
    I'm not concerned with them actually running out of cash either. What I mean is that the public sentiment will continue to be negative with the combination of current negative cash flow and slowing growth. Its really a sentiment. Right now sentiment is really negative. If it can generated positive cash flow it can be re-rated. Right now its a broken growth stock but if it makes income it can be rated on that instead at a high multiple. Even after the beat and guide up the stock tanked after a big 20% move up. FB@work is a huge overhang even though I believe the fears are greatly overstated. I think the major problem is that they have had the company on the selling block forever but for whatever reason nobody is interested. SAP passed on it after a thorough review. I am bullish on JIVE and wrote about it recently.
    Jan 17, 2015. 10:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Jive Software At A Discount To A Top Venture Capitalist [View article]
    While I agree with the thesis the major concern I think is cash butn. If JIVE can turn cash flow positive then it will skyrocket. That remains to be seen but getting long here is a relatively low risk proposition with big potential upside.
    Jan 17, 2015. 02:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Michael Kors Never Went Out Of Style [View article]
    BTW as evidenced by my comments on many KORS articles the past year I was suggesting short in the $90s. It was pretty obvious what was happening with the channel stuffing and margin compression. I took a lot of heat for suggesting it as its a fanboy stock and company but the thesis was as clear as day to anybody with half a brain. Unfortunately most KORS longs couldn't understand logic and are now sitting with tremendous losses. Would I get in now? Definitely not. I think it is still a short here as nothing has really changed other than the street pricing in some of this decline of the business fundamentals.
    Jan 14, 2015. 03:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Michael Kors Never Went Out Of Style [View article]
    You are in a bit over your head here Alex suggesting that Stan does not understand the Kors or Coach brands. I think you are a bit of a newbie to the scene not to recognize Stan's long time accurate calls when it comes to fashion companies in particular. As far as I can see you are just a college student? Why would anybody take you seriously over an industry expert like Stan?
    Jan 14, 2015. 02:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GameStop +10.3% after holiday results and guidance [View news story]
    The gains are unlikely to hold. Its only up 5% now and drifting back down. I continue to be negative here since $50 as noted by my comments on this site despite it being a very crowded short. Even the worst retail plays like BEBE and JCP blew out holiday comps. BEBE sales were up 8%. GME despite such a strong tailwind from the new consoles, is still down over 3%. Blaming FOREX just wont cut it. I expect SSS (and the stock price) to continue to dwindle down to obscurity.
    Jan 13, 2015. 07:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Support.com: An Undervalued Stock With Greater Than 50% Upside Potential [View article]
    Customer concentration here is scary, just like SEAC and ENVI which are 2 other similar perrenial losers. Never great having your customers be mammoth canle companies.
    Jan 13, 2015. 03:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rosetta Stone: Misleading Financials Mask Continued Deterioration In Business [View article]
    I mean theres obviously some success stories out there. I'm just saying my own experience with the product wasn't positive. For me to get excited about buying a stock I always start with what they have in terms of product, service etc...
    Jan 4, 2015. 03:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I think the bottom line about RST is that its not very good products. I don't know a single person who has learnt a second language from RST products. Most of my friends speak at least 2 languages but none have learnt with this software. Myself included as I speak Spanish fluently now and tried RST before anything else and got nowhere despite being very diligent with it. Many have tried, none successful. So the product just isn't very good. I'm talking about the consumer division.
    Jan 2, 2015. 10:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • With CES Approaching, Energous Should See Its Growth Multiple Soar [View article]
    What are you talking about??? Anybody can rent a booth at CES. That doesnt prove anything.
    Jan 2, 2015. 11:06 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Overreaction An Early Holiday Gift, MusclePharm Trading At Less Than Half Of Intrinsic Value [View article]
    You are down nearly 50% since you wrote your first bullish article on this company. Maybe admit you are wrong?
    Jan 1, 2015. 09:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Natural Gas: Recent Move Provides A Great Contrarian Play [View article]
    You are wasting your time TOT trying to convince yourself that fundamentals matter. They will eventually but only after you throw in the towel.
    Jan 1, 2015. 12:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Natural Gas: Recent Move Provides A Great Contrarian Play [View article]
    I appreciate the response and conviction. I just havent seen capitulation yet. Last time under $2 I saw it (I wrote an article about it and got long). Just not there yet.
    Jan 1, 2015. 12:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Same arguments were being made my the marijuana pumpers a year ago. Look at some old articles. Sure its a great "idea" and "the bext big thing" but theres no evidence that WATT will monetize this. This is how penny stock scams sucker in retail. This one made it to the show somehow through a sketchy offering underwritten by a third tier IB. I have made a fortune fading hype like this. Once in a blue moon I am wrong. Is WATT it?
    Jan 1, 2015. 11:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment