Charles Moscoe

View Charles Moscoe's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why The Sell-Off In Vince Holding Represents Opportunity [View article]
    Stan... You should specialize in analysis of handbag companies. You have been right on with KORS, COH and now VNCE. I'm sure I'm missing a few too. Good job!
    Mar 19, 2015. 03:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Panic Sold MusclePharm (And Why You Should Tread Carefully) [View article]
    I think shareholders were looking for the next Hansen Beverage OTC miracle. It happens about one in a million or so times. But yes, most of these shell company reverse takeovers turn out very very ugly. MSLP had a better run than 99.9% of them though. I think it is toast however.
    Mar 18, 2015. 10:47 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I started my bearish commentary when the stock was around $14. See the comments in the Mark T. Phillips bullish MSLP article series.
    Mar 18, 2015. 07:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sony launches its 'cable killer' streaming video service [View news story]
    Sony should buy YuMe (YUME) for Playstation Vue.

If anybody can recall YuMe is the adserver in PS3.

YuMe is also big in Japan as evidenced by that recent deal with the largest agency there.

YuMe also means "dream" in Japanese.

Perfect fit.
    Mar 18, 2015. 07:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    MSLP is a marketing machine. That is what attracted me to it in the first place. No doubt it makes the best products on the market at the best price for the consumer. However, there is really not a whole lot proprietary about its products. As I've been saying since $14 in dozens of comments on this site is that it is a highly commoditized business. That doesn't mean that nobody can make money in it but the only reason that MSLP has grown so fast in sales is because of its aggressive discounting and channel stuffing. Its obvious to anybody who understands the industry. Obviously MSLP does not have the low cost manufacturing capabilities to effectively compete. It simply will never be able to be profitable. Operating leverage and all relevant metrics are all trending sharply negative. Additionally, finally everybody can agree that management is incompetent as a best case scenario and criminal as a worst. The story behind how this became listed should scare anybody out of owning it. Certainly as the PPS drops the risk/reward for that miracle turnaround improves but I simply can't model any scenario where I think that MSLP survives 2015. The way it is being priced, the market agrees with that. I have no position but have done considerable research in to the company when investigating it as a potential buy over the past year.
    Mar 18, 2015. 05:17 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What's In The Box? Nothing Good, Apparently [View article]
    Theoretically sure, but stocks like BOX have borrow rates that could exceed 50% a year. I find shorting stuff like this a zero sum game. You need it to drop hard and fast or you can be eating big interest payments and it ties up account leverage big time. Although being long is suicide.
    Mar 17, 2015. 11:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Turtle Beach drops due to EPS miss, Q1/2015 guidance [View news story]
    I think investors are having a lot of trouble trying to reconcile both these businesses together as one. Turtle Beach should rebrand the corporate name. Its hard for the corporate or medical world to take "Turtle Beach" seriously given its reputation for basically selling headsets to kids to play video games when pitching expensive display audio systems and hearing aids.
    Mar 17, 2015. 11:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • MusclePharm inks manufacturing deal with nutrition products maker [View news story]
    I'd be happy to MrHaigs. Answer is NO.
    Mar 17, 2015. 09:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    "One quarter's losses are another's investments." --> Not to be rude but you need to brush up on your accounting.
    Mar 17, 2015. 05:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Turtle Beach drops due to EPS miss, Q1/2015 guidance [View news story]
    Wouldn't the market move to VR be a long term negative to Turtle Beach? I figure Oculus (Facebook) will dominate that. Might be hard for a little guy with a tiny tech budget to compete. If there is a strong secular shift towards this technology wouldn't that be bearish for all headset makers?
    Mar 17, 2015. 05:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Almost zero in cash, no liquidity and massive losses in the quarter. You tell me how it survives.
    Mar 17, 2015. 02:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    "Charles Moscoe ,

I strongly believe you ever and never created nothing in you life.
    You have never development a business.
    Your behavior like a child !"

Love this!!!
    Mar 17, 2015. 02:26 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Turtle Beach drops due to EPS miss, Q1/2015 guidance [View news story]
    I think the accounting issue and the fact that the 10-K will be delayed will spook investors and take this stock under $2. Surprised it has held up so well today but think that was a dead cat bounce. While I like the products, its still not nearly cheap enough given the bleak scenario.
    Mar 17, 2015. 02:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • MusclePharm: Substantially Undervalued And Strong Acquisition Target [View article]
    Boris - Any updated thoughts? To me it looks pretty clear that it is heading to bankruptcy this year. I simply can't model a scenario of any way MusclePharm can survive as a going concern.
    Mar 17, 2015. 02:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • MusclePharm Fails To Pump Me Up [View article]
    One of the best articles ever written on SA. Every long and everybody thinking of jumping in now needs to read this as it turned out 100% the way Douglas said it would.
    Mar 17, 2015. 02:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment