Charles Moscoe

View Charles Moscoe's Comments BY TICKER:
  • GameStop Is A Strong Buy: Blockbuster Comparison Shows Ignorance [View article]
    Sadly it looks like I was right about GME as it continues its precipitous decline. I've been screaming SHORT since the $50s and will ride this down to single digits in no time. This goose is cooked folks.
    Dec 10, 2014. 09:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Twitter Shares Are Junk, Too! [View article]
    Twitter is just a rumor mill.
    Dec 10, 2014. 12:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • New SodaStream bull emerges [View news story]
    Who is "Rhino Trading Partners" and how did their coverage become newsworthy?
    Dec 10, 2014. 12:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Twitter Shares Are Junk, Too! [View article]
    Another big problem with Twitter is that it requires scale. Its great for celebrities to get their messages out, but if you have under 1000 followers (which is a heck of alot), its impossible to get any interaction. I like Twitter myself but not as an investment. The format just simply doesn't lend itself to monetization. The company is worth something and can make money one day but it could never ever justify anywhere near the current valuation.
    Dec 9, 2014. 07:48 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • LendingClub hikes IPO range; valuation could top $5B [View news story]
    Yep... thats why I only buy busted IPOs. I like entries near or below the VC cost.
    Dec 9, 2014. 07:33 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Twitter Shares Are Junk, Too! [View article]
    The problem with Twitter is that it has a much smaller addressable market than Facebook (which it will always be compared to). Pretty much anybody who wants a Twitter account already has one. Its also really not used too much outside of the US. Furthermore the adult content makes it not brand safe so thats why you don't see alot of brand advertisers on it.
    Dec 8, 2014. 11:37 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • LendingClub hikes IPO range; valuation could top $5B [View news story]
    The barrier to entry is scale. Surprised none of the big banks have set up something similar.
    Dec 8, 2014. 05:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • LendingClub hikes IPO range; valuation could top $5B [View news story]
    20x sales... WOW
    Dec 8, 2014. 01:50 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Liquidity Services Is In For The Long Haul For Those Investors With Iron Stomach [View article]
    What do you think now Sid that Walmart is gone? Could have seen that one coming from a mile away. My only regret is not shorting this mess.
    Dec 8, 2014. 01:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Wow, just looking back I took a lot of heat here. I never suggested shorting it but said STAY AWAY and like I said could happen it did indeed DROP IN HALF. I hope people listened. This business model is completely flawed and the company is a failure.
    Dec 8, 2014. 01:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Expect WTI To Go Back To $100 [View article]
    Strong long term secular trend against oil. Although short term it could easily bounce back well over $100. I think there is a greater chance of retesting the 2009 $40 level first however.
    Dec 4, 2014. 12:45 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • TheStreet +7.6%; activist discloses stake, takes aim at Cramer [View news story]
    Hard to argue with the content of the letter.
    Dec 3, 2014. 11:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ctrip Priced At Greater Than Perfect In An Inherently Risky Chinese Market [View article]
    As usual the street was a little late to factor in the margin compression that I noted on August 11, following the well received Q2 report. Sentiment now clearly negative.
    Dec 2, 2014. 11:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    As a "sell the news" type of guy, I did note that the PCLN news looked like the blow-off top. Simply a muted reaction. Looks like I was right. Its all air below here now. No reason to cover yet.
    Dec 2, 2014. 11:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short Cheniere Energy After This Meteoric 3000% 4-Year Run [View article]
    Obviously Seth Klarman's record speaks for itself and its true he has a large position in LNG, but its hard to make conclusions based on his filing without additional information. Its also hard to make his traditional value argument here. Where was he before the 3000% rise?
    Nov 29, 2014. 09:04 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment