Charles Moscoe

View Charles Moscoe's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Molycorp Is Worth $1.35 Per Share [View article]
    Love or hate this Shock Exchange guy, he's been pretty accurate with MCP, both up and down.
    Aug 22 05:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Marin Is An Undervalued Growth Company - And Why Insiders Are Using The Opportunity To Buy [View article]
    Just got my login today and now integrating several client accounts. Just from a convenience perspective it is likely worth having. What is really cool is with a few clicks of a button I can take an ad words campaign and run it on yahoo or facebook even. Internet marketers can attest to how cumbersome it is to set up unique campaigns on all of these different platforms. I've been told that twitter support is coming soon along with the perfect audience integration to handle retargeting in the same platform and video and media buys. This really can grow way bigger and as the ad tech space gets more fragmented, a software like what MRIN has becomes more essential to a marketer. I didn't think I needed this a year ago but right now I definitely do. And I'm not even considering the actual performance benefits yet. Remember that the google bid engine is designed to make you spend the most money possible. Marin's is more neutral and optimized for performance. Impressed so far and if there is demand for this, I'll write a full report on my findings and how much I think I have actually gained financially due to the optimization.
    Aug 22 04:38 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Independent Ad Tech Opportunities With Extremely Negative Market Sentiment [View article]
    I think YUME is the most promising here as it can become a profitable company on its own. For the others that will be tough. MRIN makes the most likely acquisition target as it is SaaS and easily bolted on to other platforms. MRIN is trading at 2x EV/Sales, so yes much higher than the others but considering that MKTG and ET both recently sold for EV/sales of around 9 to ORCL and CRM, MRIN makes a compelling bolt on to either of these marketing suites. I think it is very likely that it is acquired.
    Aug 21 06:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: GameStop's Earnings [View article]
    Margins down 260 bps and beating on EPS and guiding up EPS because of buy backs. Less than 5% of the business is digital and it is only growing at a measly 6%. Only really hit sales targets due to strong secular quarter for console sales. Legacy retail business must drop dramatically in the near future. GameStop is not well positioned to capitalize upon this fundamental shift to digital. I have no position here but if it keeps running up it will become a long term conviction short. Short term it should be fine though as it seems that the sentiment is positive and the market is ignoring the inevitable move to digital.
    Aug 21 06:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Responsys: Last SaaS Standing [View article]
    Great call on this one Geo. What do you think about some other SaaS potential takeovers? I think MRIN would make an interesting addition to the ORCL suite and is trading at only about 1x EV/sales. And JIVE would make a target for CSCO and is trading at 2x EV/sales. Both are still growing (albeit slower than anticipated) and considered to be industry leaders and customers love the products. Seems like a winning formula when trying to guess acquisitions in this sector. Any thoughts?
    Aug 21 12:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    WDAY should be a $20 stock maximum. I'm holding off going real big waiting for earnings. Hopefully they pull another rabbit out of their hat and we can get a great short entry. It is one of my favorite shorts. Pairs nice with a JIVE long.
    Aug 20 10:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Bet On Roundy's Getting Out Of Its Hole Anytime Soon [View article]
    I wish I listened to you before, David. I would have saved some money not betting on this disaster.

This comment made me laugh because it is so true...

"You can't use a condescending old man looking down at investors through reading glasses speaking in an exaggerated Chicago accent. "
    Aug 20 09:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I signed up as a Marin customer myself today. Very impressed with the solutions offered. It actually well exceeded my expectations. Looking forward to using the platform for my ad campaigns. The real competitive advantage is the proprietary big engine. Case studies show an over 20% benefit compared to using Google's bid engine. And if the cost of the service is 2%-4%, thats a huge win for a marketer like me.
    Aug 20 08:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Getting SLAPPed By Penny Stocks [View article]
    I wonder if you track the performance of companies that have gone after bloggers what it would show?

My guess is that most of these companies end up at zero.

Unfortunately the public suffers here as personally I've had to stop exposing such companies due to threats of lawsuits, despite being entirely accurate with my premonitions in hindsight.

I'm not willing to incur extra hassle and expense in my life over it.

Seeking Alpha will protect identity of anonymous bloggers, but unfortunately for us Matt we both use our real identities.

Guess thats what we get for being transparent?

There are plenty of scams I'd love to expose as I've had a perfect track record doing so, but threats like what came to you from the CEO of FITX are what makes me think twice.

Of course I'm sure I'd win and you will undoubtedly win, but the hassle isn't worth it to me.
    Aug 20 03:50 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I've had my eye on BLNX (trading in London) for awhile. Still waiting for a better entry however. Although its a pretty good buy now.
    Aug 20 02:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • YuMe +2.1% AH on insider buy [View news story]
    I never recommended this stock at $7+. That is false. The first time I recommended it was $6.50 and we sold most of at $7.50, only to re-buy cheaper. There is a strategy involved with these small tech stocks.

While I am very bullish long term, I have to time entries and exits carefully as I establish my long position at the lowest possible entry price. Our average is $5 right now.

This is why it pays to subscribe as my trading on this stock has been excellent. We have bought the dips and sold the rips. Most recently catching the latest recent top in the mid-$6s where I recommended taking profits.

We are back in big here in the $4s and low $5s. We only carried a tiny speculative position in to earnings, which is obviously is down but are now loading up again. Overall we are up big on this stock and positioning long-term with a large position with a very low average.

If you want my complete trading strategy, you can sign up here:

YuMe has been a very profitable name for us and I expect will continue to be so. Good luck.
    Aug 20 09:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yes, it seems like a big customer win. Perhaps material enough to make up the $1.5< revenue shortfall which was just announced? In that case, I look forward to Q3 results and a likely beat.
    Aug 20 09:15 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    People were asking about why clients choose Marin over the competition. Here is a blog post from today from a new client on this topic:

Aug 20 12:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vapor Corp - It's Smoking [View article]
    We are now at $2. I still think it is expensive. Margins have deteriorated to nothing in this business and it has become highly competitive. Seems like the big tobacco players dominate distribution. It will be interesting to see the acquisition integration.
    Aug 19 07:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment