Charles Moscoe

View Charles Moscoe's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why I'm Buying Aviat Networks Hand Over Fist [View article]
    I disagree with this as I make ALOT of money investing in small caps. Gains that would be impossible in large caps. However, I'm very picky with my major investments, normally never hold more than 2 or 3 stocks and I put management and balance sheet first and foremost over everything.
    Apr 20 10:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Skullcandy Turnaround Not Likely [View article]
    Anybody want to bet on how long till we see the new MSRP $100 floral print women's Navigator for sale in the discount bin at Target along with the black $36 Navigators?

Channel stuffing is a critical mess. I've been there myself with some of my own products. Takes years to get through the indigestion in a best case scenario.

All the bulls seem to have disappeared from this thread. Wonder why?
    Apr 19 04:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Buying Aviat Networks Hand Over Fist [View article]
    After spending several hours investigating this company yesterday, including talking to some investors who have followed this sad story for years, I can't agree more with your comment. On the surface it looks like a great spec buy based on valuation if nothing else, but the rabbit hole here runs very deep. Very shady company. Investors have little to no chance of coming ahead buying this stock.
    Apr 19 01:36 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Buying Aviat Networks Hand Over Fist [View article]
    Revenues aren't a great indicator here of performance as its a very low margin gov't contract business.
    Apr 19 01:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinross Gold: The Disappearing Reserves [View article]
    Yes, but thats a good thing! Still no play here?
    Apr 18 10:46 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Far The Gold Sell-Off Could Go, And Strategies That'll Save You [View article]
    Well illustrated comment.
    Apr 18 05:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Tremor Video Bull Case Strengthened Following Review Of First Annual Report [View article]
    Analysts are expecting a dismal $29.38m for Q1. Clearly this will be beat in a big way (guidance is for $29m-$32m and they have always beat guidance). I expect the stock to move over $5 in to earnings on May 6 following this comScore data release today. I also expect the stock to trade in a $6-$8 range this year at least following Q2. Certainly the data exceeded all expectations, even my most optimistic ones. I never expected Tremor to move above Specific Media. I think the Credit Suisse analyst is the most in tune with the business, and he is at $9 PT and expecting $30.35m in revenues. One analyst is at $28m which would be a sizable miss and I don't think it is within the realm of possibility. Like alot of small cap tech stocks, analysts don't follow as carefully as we do, which leaves a great opportunity to make money on the misunderstanding and subsequent mispricing.
    Apr 18 05:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Massive jump, thanks Eran. For some reason I signed up for comScore alerts by email but never receive them. But I check the site every few days. Great data, I might buy more TRMR ahead of earnings despite owning a massive amount.
    Apr 18 03:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Liquidity Services Is In For The Long Haul For Those Investors With Iron Stomach [View article]
    Past price always has a bearing on downside risk.
    Apr 18 03:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinross Gold: The Disappearing Reserves [View article]
    I've lost money on KGC I think about 3 times getting bullish at like $10, $8 and most recently $6. Can I make it all back getting bullish again at $4? Or be more patient and wait for it to go lower and risk missing the trade? There is a trade here somewhere and I think we are getting close.
    Apr 18 03:06 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • WSJ: Virtu puts IPO on hold [View news story]
    Indictments wouldn't surprise me here, in fact I'd be surprised if there was no criminal charges. I think the company is expecting this, hence the suspended IPO. I'm sure that the underwriters have run away as quick as they can to avoid the coming dragnet. If I was a betting man, I would bet that the investigation was underway long before Michael Lewis' book got published or the 60 minutes episode aired. Likely the NY US Attorney's Office (which is the most aggressive in the world against financial crimes) has been on their trail for years and its just a matter of how to best formally present it to a Grand Jury. Definitely geniuses behind this company, but nobody would argue that Maddoff or Skilling weren't geniuses either. All of them are heinous criminals and I'm willing to bet that the dangerous combination of egos and greed among Virtu executives is well documented by the FBI in more wiretaps than anybody can count, clearly building the case for a criminal conspiracy. Market integrity must be protected above everything and the entire Virtu operation is predicated around manipulating and destroying the sanctity of this.
    Apr 18 02:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Buying Aviat Networks Hand Over Fist [View article]
    Thats the info I was looking for, thanks. Going to pass on this one. Just feels too scammy, like too much motivation for the board and the executives to keep this running and disappoint as long as possible. Thats the real reason the share price is depressed and "appears" undervalued IMO. I always evaluate the people behind the company first and foremost and in this case its just all red flags. The motivation for management is just to perpetuate the mediocrity and continue to cash extraordinary salaries and bonuses while dumping shares in the open market at historic low prices.
    Apr 18 02:28 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Any growth (and its stagnant) is the result of acquisitions, which mask a very weak core business. If you want to go long, be my guest, but I think theres a reasonable chance this trades down to single digits once reality fully sets in. Everybody is forgetting that this was $5 recently. Just cause it went in an all out frenzy to the $40s doesn't make it a deal at $18.
    Apr 18 02:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • WSJ: Virtu puts IPO on hold [View news story]
    The Virtu business model is awfully similar to the Wiseguys ticket brokers, who were ultimately criminally indicted:

Both used technology to exploit a loop hole in an automated market and make a lot of money by scalping.
    Apr 18 02:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Karl J., great comment and you hit the nail on the head. I've been saying this over and over. It can't fall to $800 when production cost is at $1300. Only if there is ZERO demand, which clearly there isn't as every dip gets bought hard by the very wealthy nations and investors who understand the intrinsic value of gold.
    Apr 18 02:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment