Charles Moscoe

View Charles Moscoe's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Wayfair's Slow Growth Won't Be Able To Uphold Its Ultra High Valuation [View article]
    I don't know if I would accurately rely on Compete.com data but Wayfair certainly operates in a very difficult market and it seems unlikely that it will ever be exceptionally profitable - which is what needs to happen to sustain the valuation.
    Apr 21, 2015. 04:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • RadiSys Making Steady Progress [View article]
    Thanks for your continuing coverage here Mike. Very helpful and relevant. I am watching closely on how this unfolds. Still on the sidelines and was kicking myself after the pre-release of earnings thinking I missed the major move but the market reaction turned out somewhat muted. At least below my expectations. I think it will take a new signed deal to change the sentiment here. I know that Branson has said a couple times that there are some potential blockbusters in the pipeline. How certain are you of these materializing? Any guesses as to with whom?
    Apr 21, 2015. 03:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Speed Commerce: Transition From Distribution To E-Commerce Is An Overlooked Catalyst [View article]
    I have been watching this pretty closely since it fell 50% from $2. Have stayed away due to the weak balance sheet but is that priced in yet? Or is SPDC going bankrupt? It might be in a decent competitive position (not great but OK) if it can survive. I haven't done enough financial analysis to determine if it will though but this drop has been hard and fast. Any more thoughts on this?
    Apr 21, 2015. 03:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • EU debt levels surge to records [View news story]
    This is why gold in terms of EUR is nearing record highs. Quickly dismissed in terms of USD of course until the treasury bubble bursts.
    Apr 21, 2015. 11:32 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Iamgold Is Priced Like It Is Highly Leveraged But It Is Sitting On A Ton Of Cash [View article]
    Exactly right KillerCam. The public is confusing the large capex requirements of the Mali project with a high AISC. I tried to make that distinction but you explained it better than I did.
    Apr 21, 2015. 10:22 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Tremor Video: Significant Improvement In Gross Margins And Operating Leverage Provide Clear Visibility To Near-Term Profitability [View article]
    Yes - It had an IPO in early 2013. Which valued the company over $500M.

So this valuation was certainly accepted in 2012 as filings were prepared based on that value. Only owners were VC however in 2012.
    Apr 21, 2015. 09:42 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Benjamin Netanyahu Win Another Term As Prime Minister Of Israel? [View instapost]
    I haven't looked at them recently but I might given the extraordinary drop. Unusual given the outperformance of the ISL as you noted. Actually seems like a good contribution to the Contrarian article contest if a thesis can be validated.
    Apr 20, 2015. 05:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Good call Chris.

Have you looked at CEL or PTNR?

2 Israeli telecoms trading at historic lows right now.

I did a bit a work on CEL a few years ago and it had a nice run off the lows but its back even lower now.
    Apr 20, 2015. 05:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Entries For Seeking Alpha's Contrarian Idea Contest [View article]
    Some great content here. Even the J. Mintzmeyer short NFLX - I agree with most of it despite the epic bad timing.

Being the contrarian I am, I will be adding my contribution shortly.
    Apr 20, 2015. 05:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The mine can quickly become "above average" with a considerable investment to process hard rock. AISC will drop accordingly. Thats why I think an aquisition makes sense and is the likely outcome here. I am not expecting a huge premium but find it hard to model any value less than $4 for IAG today.
    Apr 20, 2015. 12:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Fair points but as gold sells off IAG continues to strengthen. I think it is at or near bottom here. With an EV of only $400M it becomes a very accretive and easy acquisition for a bigger player who is well equipped to mine the hard rock. Perhaps KGC even who is actively in the market and has an office right by IAG. They can buy out the rest of the AU stake in Africa as well and own it outright for next to nothing taking advantage of AU's cash crunch and IAG's willingness for a sale.
    Apr 20, 2015. 12:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Digirad: A Micro-Cap Driven By Demographics And Restructuring, Not The Economy [View article]
    Of course it mattters. It is called risk/reward. Best case scenario close to being priced in here. It is still a "cigar butt" anyway you look at it. Might go higher, might go lower but the odds favored the upside a few dollars ago. Now not so much. So yes of course it matters where its at NOW.
    Apr 17, 2015. 07:46 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Certainly value exists here still and I think it will likely get aquired in the future but a little late to jump in now I think given the sharp reversal off the lows that has taken place already.
    Apr 17, 2015. 12:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A New Way To Follow Your Favorite Seeking Alpha Authors [View article]
    "Right now, the chances of anyone losing money going long appears remote. "
    - Chris Lau

(forgive me as I cherish some of the great quotes of 2015)
    Apr 16, 2015. 12:12 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Support.com Is The Closest You Get To An Internet Of Things Freeroll [View article]
    I think the YouTube self service customer service is a bit of a stretch. Remember this TAM is massive. Companies will need to provide formal tech support for gadgets no matter how useful YouTube can be in troubleshooting. Even a tiny slice of this TAM makes SPRT worth several times what it is trading at now - which is basically the value of its cash. I'm not expecting miracles overnight with Nexus and would be a buyer of this company even if Nexus didn't exist. I think its legacy business is worth something considerable. Customer concentration being the biggest risk but the deal with Comcast is solid as a rock and while the Office Depot visibility isn't clear because of the merger there are other clients like DirecTV and Dishnetwork that could become key customers. Also the Time Warner merger with Comcast could expand the relationship. There are a lot of ways to win here and I can't model too many ways to lose given that it is trading for cash and not burning any really.
    Apr 15, 2015. 08:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment