Charles Moscoe

View Charles Moscoe's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Chipotle Mexican Grill: An Egregiously Overvalued Business [View article]
    I have 12 core conviction shorts right now plus a few others that I have as trades but not long-term so I won't mention them. I cut back a bunch from my core and raised the positions of my core to about 3% from 2%. Mostly tech with the exception of CMG and maybe SCTY (could be considered tech). None of these have any borrow costs. Here are the core:

AMZN, BIDU, LNG, CMG, CTRP, FB, LNKD, NFLX, QIHU, SCTY, TSLA, Z
    Aug 11 11:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cheniere, A Focus On The Q2 Report [View article]
    Don't worry about capital gains, soon enough you will be able to write off the eventual loss!
    Aug 11 11:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ctrip Priced At Greater Than Perfect In An Inherently Risky Chinese Market [View article]
    Thanks for reading New Low Observer and I enjoyed your report.
    Aug 11 09:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Actually if you read what I wrote, my analysis caused me to BUY Ctrip in the teens. Its now a sell. One extreme to the other. China travel trends are of no concern. They were up when Ctrip was in the teens also. Just a smokescreen.
    Aug 11 12:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: The Fire Phone Flops Like A Dying Fish [View article]
    What if the Fire Phone powered the drones?
    Aug 11 02:07 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: The Fire Phone Flops Like A Dying Fish [View article]
    Seeing the same thing. In fact I'm considering adding to my AMZN short, but not sure if I want to average up given I'm already up so much on it, but it should drop in half once this news gets to main street.
    Aug 11 01:58 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook sees backlash over new Messenger app requirement [View news story]
    I shorted the open after earnings. If you don't believe me, check my Stock Talk posts. But who cares anyhow? I am not covering for a measly $3.
    Aug 10 08:43 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook sees backlash over new Messenger app requirement [View news story]
    FB now cannibalizing its own WhatsApp service. How many messaging apps does one person want? Zuckerberg is very dangerous to shareholders as he doesn't care about making money only ego driven. Strategy is not making sense.
    Aug 10 08:22 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook sees backlash over new Messenger app requirement [View news story]
    Zuckerberg wants everybody's phone screen to be full of different FB apps. Public will naturally resist this. Beginning of the end IMO.
    Aug 10 08:09 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook sees backlash over new Messenger app requirement [View news story]
    Ironic amount of fragmentation
    Aug 10 08:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook sees backlash over new Messenger app requirement [View news story]
    Maybe in grade 3, but the stock is priced for beyond perfection.
    Aug 10 07:01 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook sees backlash over new Messenger app requirement [View news story]
    Yikes
    Aug 10 06:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Cheniere Energy's Stock Should Explode Upward [View article]
    Looking forward to the report, J. Sounds like you have done your homework here. LNG is my largest short position and although your fair value price implies still a 50% downside, I think you are being very conservative given the expected dilution. This one will get ugly in a hurry and the the fact that the bulls don't seem to even grasp the realistic scenarios that you describe is very troubling for the long case. Will you be releasing your report here at SA? If not, I'd love to get a copy.
    Aug 10 04:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SunEdison: This 85% Gainer Can Soar To New Highs [View article]
    Thats the same analyst that called FSLR worthless a few years ago and had a $0 price target.
    Aug 10 03:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I Feel Like A Thief Buying IBM At Today's Low Valuation [View article]
    Just read the title, but I wouldn't feel too bad buying a company with slowing innovation and declining growth at record high prices.
    Aug 10 01:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment