Charles Moscoe

View Charles Moscoe's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Potbelly Still Way Too Expensive [View article]
    I looked at Potbelly. Its just a bad company and likely worthless. Too much sandwich competition run by better management. I would be shocked if it was ever substantially profitable.
    Aug 28 09:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • RadioShack Is Not As Bad As Everybody Thinks [View article]
    Thanks and I think the move is still in its infancy. I imagine there will be some "sell the news" when a deal is announced. But once things look more certain the stock should inevitably retrace back up to my $8 target. I called it a 1000% gainer and we are only at about 100% now (more if you averaged down). I note that Standard General has an average cost that is much higher than the current PPS.
    Aug 28 05:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • GeoInvesting Responds To 22nd Century Group's Rebuttal Of August 27, 2014 Article [View article]
    Brian, to fairly answer that we need to know if GEO covered and if so what % he covered. If you are releasing a "hit piece" and use the price action to cover your short there is probably something wrong with that at least ethically (and maybe legally). If he's still short his full position (I note that he's still short SOMETHING but could be 1 share for all we know), then more power to him and I'd see this as a true strength of his argument. Bottom line is we need more transparency in articles like this. If they are being used simply to drive the price down by a maximum headline effect than it is not proper. I hear that is a prime reason why Seeking Alpha lost the relationship with Yahoo Finance and is not syndicated in the feeds anymore. That is hearsay but it came from a seemingly reliable source. Clearly the site was losing credibility and perhaps became a compliance issue with Yahoo. We will never know for sure, but that seems plausible.
    Aug 28 12:56 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • RadioShack Is Not As Bad As Everybody Thinks [View article]
    Where did all the analysts go?
    Aug 28 12:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is RadioShack Getting Resuscitated? [View article]
    Amazing how quickly the sentiment is now changing. I went from being momentarly down 30% on my initial entry to up 30%. Quite a swing. I hope everybody used the weakness to double down. My target is still $8. All the so called "experts" have left the building like rats scurrying from a sinking ship! Oh the impossible is happening, RatShack lives!
    Aug 28 11:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 22nd Century Group: A Lot Of Smoke, Not Enough Fire [View article]
    The damage has been done to the stock this AM. GEO likely covered and reaped a huge profit on his short. Accuracy of the info is irrelevant at this point. He's clearly front running here.
    Aug 27 07:33 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: RadioShack Seeking Emergency Financing To Stave Off Bankruptcy [View article]
    Time to unsubscribe from RSH email alerts here at SA. Same old "Bargain Bin" boilerplate sheeple content with an outlandish title. Still long RSH and WAY up now on my spec bet, despite all the noise. Flame away!
    Aug 27 07:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • WSJ: Kleiner Perkins investing in Snapchat at ~$10B valuation [View news story]
    That is true. But... I bet the value goes much higher than $10B in the medium term. Public would eat up a Snapchat IPO distribution and have to figure that is the end game here.
    Aug 27 11:14 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: TubeMogul IPO Price Reduction Changes Short Thesis [View article]
    I haven't got on any boat. If you read my articles I suggested to short TUBE at $13 but NOT UNTIL IT GOT THERE. So far its still not there even in AH. We will see tomorrow. If it gets there the play is on, with the YUME long as a pair.
    Aug 27 12:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lean Hogs - Bacon Makes Everything Better [View article]
    I hear that there is mass culling in China of sows due to weak pricing. Couple that with a new PED outbreak and there could be a massive squeeze. I'm long Dec Hogs for a speculative bet.
    Aug 26 07:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Remember when everybody called this kid crazy for turning down a few billion from FB?
    Aug 26 07:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon buying Twitch for $970M in cash [View news story]
    I am sure stock would be their first choice. Twitch obviously in the drivers seat here.
    Aug 25 10:59 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon buying Twitch for $970M in cash [View news story]
    Just think its a poor reflection on society. Would rather see kids being active.
    Aug 25 10:57 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cloud marketing automation vendor HubSpot files for $100M IPO [View news story]
    Add MRIN and RLOC to the list of prominent independents left in this marketing space. Both offer SIGNIFICANTLY better value than MKTO and CTCT (which is a great short).
    Aug 25 10:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon buying Twitch for $970M in cash [View news story]
    On a social note, I think it is very scary that "watching gameplay is a global phenomenon" as Bezos said.
    Aug 25 09:02 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment