Charles Moscoe

View Charles Moscoe's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Turtle Beach lower following neutral Wunderlich launch [View news story]
    I highly doubt that any insider is going to sell at these levels.

So right now HyperSound is discounted to zero valuation, which is unfair considering it had a $100M valuation a year ago by Michael Pachter. Since then it has only appreciated in value after receiving various approvals and successful commercialization tests.

It is on the cusp of being widely commercialized (Q4) and the core headset business is on the cusp of a 5 year growth cycle. It is cyclical but a good business at the right time in the cycle which will really pick up steam from 2016-2020.

The current market valuation suggests the most extreme pessimistic scenario. I'm a buyer here. I think this can easily get back to $10. Turtle Beach products are by far the industry leader in gaming and that hasn't changed.
    Mar 31, 2015. 02:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sizmek Short Squeeze May Be Imminent In The Wake Of Game-Changing Q4 Results [View article]
    From $6s to $8s. Thats a big move pal. A big big move if you have enough skin in the game. What were you looking for a double overnight? LOL
    Mar 29, 2015. 08:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Are you daytrading it? If so you should have sold the spike to mid-$8s in to the hype of the Meruelo letter and the buyback. I made a ton of money on SZMK this year and its not even April yet. What about you?
    Mar 26, 2015. 06:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lumber Liquidators Is Evil [View article]
    SA would of course allow this. Reed Hastings wrote an article awhile ago here in defense of NFLX that faced a barrage of attacks.
    Mar 25, 2015. 09:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • TubeMogul: It's All About The Numbers [View article]
    I am negative on TUBE at the current valuation but the comscore data is worthless.
    Mar 25, 2015. 04:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kofax: A Leader In The Document Capturing Sector [View article]
    Good call here!
    Mar 24, 2015. 06:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rocket Fuel Ready For Takeoff [View article]
    I think what they need to do is cut back dramatically on sales spending.

I think they would have to get rid of significant sales staff for that to happen so there might be headwinds as there would be one time charges for that.

Their growth of acquiring new sales is weak but their retention rate of existing customers is extraordinarily strong.

I think the CEO was focused too much on bringing in new sales rather than the lower hanging fruit of upselling to existing customers that already like them.

I've dealt with their sales staff before and they are bad. So any growth is testament to how good their product is which I believe has high demand and works well.

I'm treading very lightly with this one, its a speculative bet still given the significant losses and cash burn but I still maintain that at the very least a glimmer of hope can drive this much higher in the short term.

I don't think I'd buy right in to the new CEO news however as there is always a lag between that and any turnaround given obvious restructuring charges to come.

So while the new CEO is a positive catalyst, it could be early to jump in long as this sort of sets back the very near term Q1 picture. Another share price hair cut might be in order when the results are announced and they miss by a mile. That could make for the best entry.
    Mar 24, 2015. 05:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rocket Fuel Ready For Takeoff [View article]
    Actually stock is up about 2.5% on this news. He is a visionary but terrible at managing street expectations. Q1 will likely be bad as you suggest but overall this is a positive catalyst. Focus will be on profitability over growth which can easily take the stock back to $20 in the short-term once there is a little evidence of that taking place. Easier said than done of course but given the high retention rate sales can be cut back considerably and short term growth wont suffer very much and the company can be profitable quickly. Like you said though the big risk is how quickly as cash can become a concern within a few quarters.
    Mar 24, 2015. 05:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Habit Restaurants: Suspicious Takeaways From FY 2014 Earnings Week [View article]
    It is called "Habit Burger". What else would you associate it with?

Anyhow I think we both agree it is overpriced by a ton. Thats all that is important here.
    Mar 24, 2015. 03:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lumber Liquidators Is Evil [View article]
    This is the most heavily monitored and moderated comment section I've ever seen. Posts are appearing and disappearing every second.
    Mar 24, 2015. 12:22 PM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Announcing Winners For Seeking Alpha's First-Ever Investment Pitch Contest [View article]
    It was a better prediction when the stock was trading at $1 a decade ago. But for now to the next decade, I would have to agree with you that the possibility of that happening is essentially zero.
    Mar 24, 2015. 12:20 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Could be a 5-year low but 6 years ago it was trading in the mid-teens in 2009. 15 years ago it was trading under $1. So its more like a falling knife right now than a contrarian play by my definition. I didn't read the article or even know very much about this bank or stock other than look at the chart for 10 seconds. My comment is really about the nature of awarding a prize based on positive commentary. I find the best commentary on SA is the critically negative. Not the trolling silly negative which is all too common but the in depth almost insider perspective that often gets posted. The "rah rah rah" type commentary I ignore. I have had comments on my articles that made me second guess my positions. Most of my articles are actually designed to elicit that sort of feedback from people who might have more information than me and see things the other way. Thats what makes this site so great IMO.
    Mar 24, 2015. 12:03 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lumber Liquidators Is Evil [View article]
    Whitney Tilson is the king of hyperbole. But thats what makes him so awesome. There is a lot of money to be made on both sides of this trade for those that pay attention. HLF also. Stop hating and start making money.
    Mar 24, 2015. 11:58 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Sure but it is a burger (beef) play more than anything. People don't associate it with chicken whether they serve it or not. The health of beef is of little importance as consumers are preferring chicken over beef. That is a strong long term secular trend that will work against Habit and should pressure the valuation.
    Mar 24, 2015. 11:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    "Readers responded, with 72 comments that were almost universally positive"

Following the herd is never a good strategy. I bet if a study was commissioned on articles that elicited universally positive comments that there would be an inverse correlation with performance over time.
    Mar 24, 2015. 01:20 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment