Charles Moscoe

View Charles Moscoe's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Why Tesla's Heavily-Promoted Shares Could Prove To Be Fool's Gold [View article]
    Probably all true but where is the short entry? Every short so far has gotten obliterated here.
    Sep 11 01:06 AM | 22 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Has Herbalife Kept The Game Going For So Long? [View article]
    Give me a break. The short squeeze following Ackman's presentation was triggered by these crocodile tears. Nobody believes this is an ethical battle. Ackman is short for one reason... To make money. I would certainly lean short here and take a small position myself on a return back to the $80s, but lets put the bad acting aside. Far greater ethical travesties exist in corporate America than an MLM.
    Jul 26 08:19 AM | 18 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An End To Our Relationship With Yahoo, A New Era For Equity Research [View article]
    The one thing I love about Seeking Alpha is the transparency. As a private company it does not have to spell all of this out for readers and contributors like this. While I appreciate the exposure that the Yahoo! headline brings, I have to respect the Seeking Alpha business decision. On an investment side note, this does not bode well for Yahoo! in general if its partners are not finding value in its headlines.
    Jul 25 11:58 AM | 18 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Has Herbalife Kept The Game Going For So Long? [View article]
    Calling it a "fraud" is a pretty serious acquisition considering there has been no formal charges levied against the company. The comparisons to Madoff prove how ridiculous this charade has become.
    Jul 26 09:06 AM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Has Herbalife Kept The Game Going For So Long? [View article]
    The entire market is an ethical issue. It is designed to take money from the public and distribute it to insiders. HLF is no exception. My poimt is that Ackman shedding tears over this is comical. He is crying because he is losing money. That is all he cares about.
    Jul 26 08:47 AM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel bear Rasgon throws in the towel [View news story]
    When he turns that into a BUY we have seen the top of INTC.
    Jun 26 06:38 PM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Report: Apple/Beats slowed down by financial details, fit concerns [View news story]
    I've been saying from the beginning for those not to count their chickens before they hatch and this confirms it. While I never thought it was a terrible deal for Apple the way some have, I'm sure this video is evidence of a violation of an NDA that Beats has with Apple at the very least. If the deal does happen, expect Apple to negotiate more favorable terms based on this violation. Given Dr. Dre's violent criminal record, including assault on a female reporter, the idea of making him an employee of Apple is absurd and I don't think will ever happen.
    May 24 02:59 PM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon nearly giving away Fire phone [View news story]
    This should not surprise anybody.
    Sep 8 04:18 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Herbalife Recklessly Leveraged On China? [View article]
    Ackman getting sued by Allergan for allegations of insider trading:

Aug 1 07:24 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Has Herbalife Kept The Game Going For So Long? [View article]
    100% agree. Silly comparison.
    Jul 26 08:58 AM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Loony Is It Getting? Three Tales From The Deep [View article]
    Can't agree more Paulo. But I'm still about 65% long but will spare you my own bizarre reasoning why. I am short AMZN and TSLA however...
    Aug 13 02:18 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook Has Become The Ultimate Fanboy Stock [View article]
    The article that I linked to of yours Jeffrey states no position. So if somebody is falsely representing that is you. I am not a mind reader:

Aug 4 05:23 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Amazon.com 'Come To Jesus' Earnings Report [View article]
    Retailers are starting to push back on manufacturers. The Lowes of the world sell infinitely more grills than Amazon and wont accept being undercut online. Also the Amazon sales tax advantage is coming to an end. Furthermore (and I speak as an Amazon seller myself here of nearly 10 years), Amazon's way too liberal A-Z guarantee policy kills margins. I'm personally less excited to sell on Amazon as anybody who makes any complaint gets their money back without even having to return the product. This is a reason customers (and many unethical) use Amazon, but unsustainable.
    Jul 25 11:17 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple + Beats: Cutting Through The Hype And Negativity [View article]
    Its actually a low risk acquisition (compared to recent high publicized acquisitions by Google and FB) and with $1.4B in sales and about $450M gross profits, an argument can be made in a strong market that it is fairly priced. The streaming service has been reviewed and called the best by the Wall St. Journal, compared to all others. It is getting great reviews and Beats in cars, something that competitor Skullcandy miserably failed at. I think that Beats is worth more than WhatsApp, I don't even think you can compare the value of the two companies yet the price tag is far lower. It is only really expensive if you look at the fact that it doubled in valuation in 6 months since the Carlyle investment but if Beats went public (which there was talk of), the market cap would exceed $3.2B and certainly no company could take it out near that price. Smart deal and this will punish the competition long term, so the move up in the very weak Skullcandy makes no sense as now they lost Apple as a customer and will be pushed off all the remaining high profile pegs they have due to Apple leverage in retail.
    May 11 10:45 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Announcing SA's First Outstanding Performance Award Winners [View article]
    Have to agree with this comment. This award system is completely random as there is no benchmark. It simply rewards the guessing game of picking wild swings in high volatility stocks. I'm not against performance awards but it should evaluate writers on a series of picks over a longer time frame, wins and losses. Perhaps an Outstanding Writer award of the year or something would be more appropriate with many variables to consider?
    Jul 28 07:12 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment