Charles Moscoe

Blair nailed it.
    Apr 26, 2015. 06:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Celladon: CUPID-2 Is Likely To Fail [View article]
    Great call.
    Apr 26, 2015. 06:00 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Celladon reports negative results for CUPID2 trial [View news story]
    Nice of them to release this on a Sunday. Sure to ruin some people's day...
    Apr 26, 2015. 05:34 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cloud Peak Energy - The Best House In A Bad Neighborhood [View article]
    It is the best house in the neighborhood but still really early to get long. Need that next leg down first. Maybe after earnings. I'm much more comfortable taking a position in extreme panic at $3 and riding it back to $5 on an uptick in sentiment. Right now it is 50/50 whether it goes up or down from here. Although long term it should be an OK bet. Short interest is at an all-time high and accelerating through the share price decline and institutions seem to be cutting losses and this one is like 100% institutional owned.
    Apr 26, 2015. 04:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • TubeMogul: It's All About The Numbers [View article]
    Who cares about gross profit though with no EBITDA?
    Apr 26, 2015. 03:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Newmont Mining glows in another day of losses among gold miners [View news story]
    Manojparuthi - You can wish what you want but I can tell you that gold traders are praying for geo-political volatility. If it is uncomfortable for you to profit off of that, then stick to cash.
    Apr 26, 2015. 03:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    My biggest gold mining position is IAG (20% of portfolio and bought at $2 a couple weeks ago) and I also own HMY (10% of portfolio) bought on Friday at $1.90. At $1500 gold, HMY is worth over $20. At $1200 gold it can hang in there. I am constantly looking for others that are highly leveraged to gold prices but with little debt who can weather the storm. I am looking at KGC also as a potential buy. I think these are easy 50-100% gainers on a move back to $1300+ gold. Certainly news out right now about Greece can help fuel that quickly.

Here is my article on IAG. Probably worth a read if you are considering buying in:

Apr 26, 2015. 03:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Ignite Restaurant Group's Short-Term Future Is Bleaker Than You Think [View article]
    How does this company survive? Even Joe's is dead from what I hear. Too much debt and losing money with no profit in sight.
    Apr 25, 2015. 10:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    It was in a bit of a slide but reversed overnight with the earthquake. I'm not expecting any major reaction. Just speculation that it will likely be up Monday. Nepal is a major gold hub. Generally a transshipment point for Hong Kong gold to India. I'm not a gold bug although I've been long gold since 2004. I only recently been buying some really depressed mining stocks but looking more for 50%-100% gains which I think can be achieved on a move to $1350.
    Apr 25, 2015. 08:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Not really out there if history is to repeat itself.

Here's a quote from March 11 2011: " Gold prices reversed directions Friday and headed higher as an earthquake in Japan triggered safe haven buying. "

My bet is gold will be up Monday. We will see...
    Apr 25, 2015. 06:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Effects of the massive earthquake in Nepal on gold prices come Monday?
    Apr 25, 2015. 01:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Gold can move to $1500 in a week. Friday was interesting as gold sold off along with the USD. Could be the end of the near-term down move. I expect $1300 imminently and 50% gains on my IAG and HMY (bought yesterday).
    Apr 25, 2015. 11:32 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • TheStreet: An Interesting Play Below $2 [View article]
    He doesn't seem very well liked.
    Apr 24, 2015. 08:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Golden Long: Frost's Pershing Gold Poised For A Significant Upside Move [View article]
    If you are bullish on gold (like me), best to buy a real gold miner with real assets and a real operation. Or just buy the metal. Right now I like some low debt miners (IAG and HMY) that I think can significantly outperform gold itself as gold moves back to the $1300 range. Surely they did it a few months ago. Of course if gold goes down every miner will follow suit (perhaps faster). I think playing something like Pershing Gold is like playing the lottery. Gold could go to $2000/oz and might still be worthless. I understand the people behind it but its hard to know their motives and they will front run you to death anyhow as you don't have access to their information or trading.
    Apr 24, 2015. 03:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • TheStreet: An Interesting Play Below $2 [View article]
    It is an interesting analysis as I haven't considered the value of these assets completely. I will look closer.
    Apr 24, 2015. 03:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment