Charles Moscoe

View Charles Moscoe's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Salesforce.com: Signs Of A Breaking Business Model [View article]
    That often happens. It is hard to pick a top on a short. You could have been short NFLX at $250 and covered at $300, only to see it in the $50s not too long after. Shorting is very a very different animal, you need to have very strong convictions in your theory and not be afraid to be down 50% at some point, just comfortable knowing that day will come. CRM is unsustainable right now and Benioff should be selling self help books and doing infomercials. He is a great talker.
    Aug 29 09:37 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Going Over Walter Energy [View article]
    Too much bearishness here and worst case scenarios being priced in to WLT. I continue to see an opportunity as a speculative play long. But I do agree that the situation APPEARS bleak but in my experience that often sets up a perfect contrarian trade. Nothing I'd go "all in" on but worth a gamble. I would put the odds at 65-35 that the price will be significantly higher rather than lower than Friday's close at this point in Q3.
    Apr 12 02:23 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seeking Alpha Crowd Wisdom Predicts Future Stock Returns [View article]
    I know when I'm doing research I consider Seeking Alpha articles first as there is some really great research on this site. Most of the conventional "news" is simply that, "news". Simply info about events that I get from SEC filings. Other sites put out more "boiler plate" analysis, so much so that I skip over their articles almost always. Seeking Alpha has become extremely popular due to the quality of the research.
    Mar 22 09:59 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vape Holdings: Hot Marijuana Stock With A Ridiculous $235 Million Market Valuation [View article]
    I am aware of the "trend" and market potential towards space travel so will you buy my my rocket ship business plan for $235 million. I know that selling newbies on this bubble is your bread and butter Alan, so I expected a comment from you. You said yourself you sign 30-40 people a day up to your paid 420Investor subscription service. So clearly you are a beneficiary of this hype. OK, so how do you get to a $235 million valuation? Why can nobody answer that? Justify even a $2 million valuation and I will buy you lunch and we can agree this stock is ONLY 100 times overvalued rather than completely worthless.
    Mar 19 10:17 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Can any of the new posters here with 1 post comment on the valuation of the company without personal attacks? $235 million valuation with no sales or assets.
    Mar 19 09:20 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Galena: Setting The Record Straight [View article]
    RS….. the story intrigues me and I have commented on a number of other GALE articles. It just makes no sense to me that you continue to be so bullish on something on one hand but then the other hand have sold out during a major price drop. You would think that would be the buying opportunity of the century? Strange… that is all… a lot of unanswered questions. If you would invite me, I'd love to go bowling with you one day and discuss this in further detail.
    Mar 18 09:21 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Behind The Scenes With Dream Team, CytRx And Galena [View article]
    Excellent article Richard. I don't know anything about GALE or the other company as I don't follow the biotech space very closely but I do know all about shady stock promotion being an internet marketer myself. I've been approached MULTIPLE times by outfits like you have described through SeekingAlpha private messages and through my internet marketing company, which specializes in reputation management. I've turned down every offer, despite some being very lucrative. I like your idea of "playing ball" to gather info then expose these criminals. I'm likely to do the same and write a similar expose on the next big pump and dump. I had a chance with LOT78 as I was approached through my marketing company, but instead just politely turned down the work and kept my eye on the stock and made a bundle shorting it from $25 to pennies. It is just a matter of time before the SEC (or worse) catches up to these criminals. It is nothing short of a massive fraud. LIVE is one to watch right now using similar promotional tactics, with the same sketchy past of the shot callers involved with it.
    Mar 13 01:25 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gundlach steps into the gold miners [View news story]
    Sure. Tell me the last year that gold has NOT made an 8% upward move (like $1250 to $1350) at one point in the year? I just checked since 2000 and its done it every year. So my 90% probability is pretty conservative.
    Jan 15 05:13 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gundlach steps into the gold miners [View news story]
    Suggesting it can "hit $1350 this year" isn't really going out on much of a limb… That is less than a 10% move. There is a 90% chance that gold will hit $1350 at some point this year, just based on probability theory.
    Jan 14 05:12 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Should You Go For MGIC? [View article]
    What do you mean that RDN is facing more issues than MTG? RDN has made money the last 3 quarters and is growing their business. MTG is run by clueless idiots. RDN is the most aggressive at new sales and has the best balance sheet and loan portfolio in the industry. Next time a little more research won't hurt.
    Aug 27 10:24 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Going Over Walter Energy [View article]
    This article actually makes me want to load up on WLT come Monday. Too bearish and one-sided. Ignores all coal catalysts. Very "public" opinion. The sharps know the public loses money most of the time. Sorry Paulo but if this is the best you got, I gotta go long here.
    Apr 13 02:22 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Capitalizing On Cannabis: Key Addition To GrowLife Management Team Solidifies Story [View article]
    You should probably just lick your wounds here and move on, Allan.

Trading is suspended by the SEC because of fraudulent activity.

That is a fact and any there is absolutely no way you can try to spin this positively where anybody with a clue about how the market works will buy it. It is just ruining your credibility to constantly defend this scheme.

Your article was quite timely I must say, as it focused and shined a bright positive light on the same insider who was dumping shares.

I guess that is just a coincidence that at the same time that he was hyping the business up to you and you were telling everybody to BUY, that he was dumping shares as fast as he could.

Regardless, sometimes you gotta bite the bullet and move on.

Sorry sheeple out there, you have been taken…. again.
    Apr 12 10:11 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • VAPE Holdings: $190-Million Market Cap With No Revenues; Likely To Drop 90%; $1 Price Target [View article]
    A pack of gum has more intrinsic value than a share of VAPE (for real).
    Mar 31 06:02 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    As rabid common shareholders, can any of you comment on the fact that you have zero voting rights in Vape Holdings since the Hive Ceramics deal? Does this concern anybody?
    Mar 19 09:36 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Of course I do, I've consulted for major players in the e-cig industry before you have likely even been aware of it. But really, does it matter? Where are the Vape Holdings vaporizer sales?
    Mar 19 09:32 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment