Charles Moscoe

View Charles Moscoe's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Why Tesla's Heavily-Promoted Shares Could Prove To Be Fool's Gold [View article]
    Probably all true but where is the short entry? Every short so far has gotten obliterated here.
    Sep 11, 2014. 01:06 AM | 22 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Has Herbalife Kept The Game Going For So Long? [View article]
    Give me a break. The short squeeze following Ackman's presentation was triggered by these crocodile tears. Nobody believes this is an ethical battle. Ackman is short for one reason... To make money. I would certainly lean short here and take a small position myself on a return back to the $80s, but lets put the bad acting aside. Far greater ethical travesties exist in corporate America than an MLM.
    Jul 26, 2014. 08:19 AM | 18 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An End To Our Relationship With Yahoo, A New Era For Equity Research [View article]
    The one thing I love about Seeking Alpha is the transparency. As a private company it does not have to spell all of this out for readers and contributors like this. While I appreciate the exposure that the Yahoo! headline brings, I have to respect the Seeking Alpha business decision. On an investment side note, this does not bode well for Yahoo! in general if its partners are not finding value in its headlines.
    Jul 25, 2014. 11:58 AM | 18 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rocket Fuel May Be Swallowed By The Trend Of Programmatic In-House Advertising [View article]
    This article makes no sense as Rocket Fuel has actually pioneered programmatic.

Its true that the trend to in-house is strong but Rocket Fuel bought and integrated starting now x+1 - something you don't even mention - which finally allows it to be a powerhouse self-service DSP with full analytics and transparency.

At the current price suggesting to short is suicide. Especially when the premise of your article is completely false.

I know ad tech is a complex space but try to at least do some elementary level research before writing about it.

Pathetic.
    Feb 26, 2015. 03:13 PM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Has Herbalife Kept The Game Going For So Long? [View article]
    Calling it a "fraud" is a pretty serious acquisition considering there has been no formal charges levied against the company. The comparisons to Madoff prove how ridiculous this charade has become.
    Jul 26, 2014. 09:06 AM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Has Herbalife Kept The Game Going For So Long? [View article]
    The entire market is an ethical issue. It is designed to take money from the public and distribute it to insiders. HLF is no exception. My poimt is that Ackman shedding tears over this is comical. He is crying because he is losing money. That is all he cares about.
    Jul 26, 2014. 08:47 AM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel bear Rasgon throws in the towel [View news story]
    When he turns that into a BUY we have seen the top of INTC.
    Jun 26, 2014. 06:38 PM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Report: Apple/Beats slowed down by financial details, fit concerns [View news story]
    I've been saying from the beginning for those not to count their chickens before they hatch and this confirms it. While I never thought it was a terrible deal for Apple the way some have, I'm sure this video is evidence of a violation of an NDA that Beats has with Apple at the very least. If the deal does happen, expect Apple to negotiate more favorable terms based on this violation. Given Dr. Dre's violent criminal record, including assault on a female reporter, the idea of making him an employee of Apple is absurd and I don't think will ever happen.
    May 24, 2014. 02:59 PM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon nearly giving away Fire phone [View news story]
    This should not surprise anybody.
    Sep 8, 2014. 04:18 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Herbalife Recklessly Leveraged On China? [View article]
    Ackman getting sued by Allergan for allegations of insider trading:

Aug 1, 2014. 07:24 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Has Herbalife Kept The Game Going For So Long? [View article]
    100% agree. Silly comparison.
    Jul 26, 2014. 08:58 AM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Most Consistent Risk/Reward Speculation That I Have Ever Found [View article]
    "I can't believe articles like this keep getting published. You are ignoring tremendous real world expenses. Brokers are wise to this strategy and will charge borrow rates which will eat up most of your profits. Rebalance too much, you will run into wash sales and your tax losses will be disallowed. Discount brokers will charge 6%+ on margin balances. There are commissions to consider too.

All in all, you will be lucky to earn the risk free rate. Maintenance margin requirements on shorting 3x leveraged ETF's are 90%, so you can't even leverage up."

----> THIS
    Dec 19, 2014. 04:29 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Loony Is It Getting? Three Tales From The Deep [View article]
    Can't agree more Paulo. But I'm still about 65% long but will spare you my own bizarre reasoning why. I am short AMZN and TSLA however...
    Aug 13, 2014. 02:18 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook Has Become The Ultimate Fanboy Stock [View article]
    The article that I linked to of yours Jeffrey states no position. So if somebody is falsely representing that is you. I am not a mind reader:

Aug 4, 2014. 05:23 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Amazon.com 'Come To Jesus' Earnings Report [View article]
    Retailers are starting to push back on manufacturers. The Lowes of the world sell infinitely more grills than Amazon and wont accept being undercut online. Also the Amazon sales tax advantage is coming to an end. Furthermore (and I speak as an Amazon seller myself here of nearly 10 years), Amazon's way too liberal A-Z guarantee policy kills margins. I'm personally less excited to sell on Amazon as anybody who makes any complaint gets their money back without even having to return the product. This is a reason customers (and many unethical) use Amazon, but unsustainable.
    Jul 25, 2014. 11:17 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment